Pat_McCrotch

Whats the best MPG anyones had out of a Corrado?

well i had 37.9 today, that was at a constant 50mph on a fairly flat (no inclines) surface for about 1 hour. Remember mine is an auto VR. Gradually went back down to an average of 31.1 for the trip (about 220 miles)

Topped 40.5mpg today coming back home up the M1 had Kate as co driver so she can verify! Best its ever done!! :clap:

Very confusing... no matter how careful i am, i cannot get my VR over 35 mpg - thats the highest i've ever had it. I've never been able to get it up to 40. Went on a long drive yesterday and couldnt get the mpg over 33 :scratch:

You guys are doing well getting it up to 40

Fcs I'm quite old, why can't I get over 34mpg very often. Could be because a lot of my long trips have to end up in slow traffic in the town before I get home.

I can be getting 36/37 just near home then it drops by the time I have come through the town and up the steep hill to home.

Depends on my driving, normally around 35-37mpg with every day driving, mostly 70-80mph on fast a roads and motorways with a little bit of fun at some roundabouts. If I'm 'driving' driving around 20-22mpg!

Did see as much as 42.4mpg the other week, but it had broken so I was driving very carefully and didn't do more than 45-50mph.

Are people talking about what the trip computer reads or actual MPG calculated from miles driven between filling the tank? My VR6 typically shows 35-36mpg on the computer for a week's commuting (1/3 A-road at 50-60mph, 1/3 M25 through roadworks at 40-50MPH, 1/3 town drivng in moderate traffic), but the actual MPG calculated from trip meter and petrol pump is around 33.

8V broke 50mpg tootling to work on friday :lol:

If you tootle along at a steady 60 it really does creep up that high and although I haven't done a tank to tank fill to check, the MFA is pretty close I reckon so far,

town driving kills it back into much the same territory as any other standard C though, perhaps a few mpg better.

Are people talking about what the trip computer reads or actual MPG calculated from miles driven between filling the tank? My VR6 typically shows 35-36mpg on the computer for a week's commuting (1/3 A-road at 50-60mph, 1/3 M25 through roadworks at 40-50MPH, 1/3 town drivng in moderate traffic), but the actual MPG calculated from trip meter and petrol pump is around 33.

Best was 36.1 mpg on motorway plus small section of urban (trip computer reading). Though I have a spreadsheet at home detailing the mileage & fuel used since I got the car (@ 2200 miles), so I can work out actual mpg from there.

Though I have a spreadsheet at home detailing the mileage & fuel used since I got the car (@ 2200 miles), so I can work out actual mpg from there.

Oh dear :lol:

Petrol, rent, tax.... it's all dead money, so I've never understood people who keep records of them. I'd rather not know how it costs to keep myself and my hobbies alive :D

Though I have a spreadsheet at home detailing the mileage & fuel used since I got the car (@ 2200 miles), so I can work out actual mpg from there.

I know, geek alert indeed! :lol:

the wrong cars to be driving if mpg is your thing and you want low maintenance costs, thats for sure...

Surely someone else must have had the vacuum pipe on the back of the clocks fall off so their MPG shows 99.9.................

i had 37mpg out of the G60 yesterday , so far ive done 130miles on 6 US gallons and still have another gallon or so left from my original half a tank.

dave

I know, geek alert indeed! :lol:

Fair play for having the time and inclination :D I don't even look at the pump anymore, it's too depressing. And I know it does around 27 mpg if I behave myself, so that's good enough for me :D

Kev - out of interest what does yours show at 165MPH?? :lol:

at that point the MFA switches to gallons per mile.