Sign in to follow this  
big ben

how do you clean your car??

how do you guys clean your cars, what products do you recommend??

i have been looking at getting a Karcher washer, for foaming mine up... any good??

you'll need a foamer attachment lance from Elitecarcare to get a good foam. awesome product :lol: much fun. But kartcher are good but I dont think the pressure washer is that important, its all about the lance and the snow foam.

you'll need a foamer attachment lance from Elitecarcare to get a good foam. awesome product :lol: much fun. But kartcher are good but I dont think the pressure washer is that important, its all about the lance and the snow foam.

yeah looks good :D halfords sell them actually, looking at the K291 washer and lance...

whats a good polish then, only ever used autoglym and turtle wax... looking at the meg stuff, but so bloody confusing??

i use a Foam gun, followed by a hand wash with if the car is pretty dirty wash, but recently i've been using this optimum no rinse stuff, where you don't need to get the hose pipe out, just 2 gallons of water (not suitable for a very dirty car though)

Products i would recommend:

-Chemicals Guys Maxi Suds 2 shampoo

-A clay bar

-Autoglym Super Resin Polish

-Autoglym HD Wax or a Collinite Wax

-Optimum No rinse

Probably best spending the money on cloths and applicators rather than a mountain of products that all do more or less the same job (hate to think how much stuff i've got and hardly use)

there's epic amount of discussion on detailingworld about what to use and how to use it etc

is the lance from elitecarcare better than the karcher??

might have to check out Optimum No rinse, also whats these wax clay sticks all about??

yea the elitecarcare lance is worth getting, I know people that have bought karcher ones and seen mine and bought one soon after..

DSC00709.jpg

looks like i will be getting one of them then... more questions sorry!!

does it do a good job??

do you hand wash it after or just power wash it??

how much of that "snow" cleaner do you use each time??

I wash the car first

to get the muck off

then snow foam

then I use a microfibre mit from meg's. 2 bucket method

rinse

#Then you can clay, I got megs clay

Then I use super resin polish

then megs wax

then the autoglym extra gloss to finish

Or in a rush

I wash the car first

to get the muck off

then snow foam

then I use a microfibre mit from meg's. 2 bucket method

rinse

autoglym AquaWax whilst it was still wet

only a tiny amount of foam mixed with warm water 1part to 10parts water

im only small time compared to some people around. I still wouldnt go on a clubstand with it yet

i would go on a club stand with it dirty :lol: be different and show everyone i actually use it...

what about machine polishing?? you know anything about that

not really, I mostly use elbow grease but I do have a cheapy power devil for buffing, i've used sometimes

they do seem a lot of money...

with the 'snow', can you not spray it on, leave a while, then sponge over it, jet wash and then dry??

cant really leave it too long, but the idea of it is to leave it there a bit to soften up the muck

oh right, kool.. sounds good to me, going to kit myself out i think with the bits to do it... thanks!!

cheap wash and wax

clay

autoglym polish

megs carnuba wax

not as extreme as some but it comes up nice :D

also, i use autoglym resin polish, looks great but im useless at keeping it off the trim, leaving white bits here there and everywhere... is there a polish or wax that doesnt leave these annoying white marks around??

whats with the clay?? seems the "in" thing...

clay gets rid off the little imperfections in the paint work it works better than cutting it back it also gives it better shine onced polished and waxed :D

no point in washing before the foam.

foam should be the 1st thing to touch a dirty car, then blast it off, then wash it.

clay gets rid of all the tiny specks of crap, road tar, old bits of tyre, grit etc, makes a real difference when you come to applying and removing the polish, wax etc

its a funny game tbh, there seems to be a new trend in washing your car too much or "detailing" as they call it :lol:

i remember as a kid watching my dad wash the cars with 1 bucket, a sponge that was falling to pieces and fairy liquid :lol: then at the end you throw the bucket of dirty water over the car.

yeah thats it, i use autoglym but thats as fancy as it gets... i use sponge and bucket, jet wash it down, then shammy it...

not no more though, my cars getting a respray soon so will be looking after the paintwork as much as possible!! i know i cant go mad for the first 6 months but wil be on it next year!!

this detailing, looking at the megs last touch detailer, would i have to use the clay to get it off a week later or just wash it the same?? i dont like the idea of this clay, especially on new paint...

You wont need to clay new paint mate, the idea of clay barring is to remove the schitt that builds up over the years, so fresh paint wont have any :D