Sign in to follow this  
si79

My first Corrado

Hi there

as promised some pics of my new purchase. :D :D

its a VR6 storm in green with the cream leather.

144 000 miles. Body in very good condition though needs a bit of attention in places. Interior very good condition but attention needed in places.

Sunroof working tilt and slide --- check

Heater direction ---- Check

Blower speed ---ah no (only on 4)

Electric mirrors ---- only divers side

Ceentral locking ---- ah no

Boot lock --- ah no ( key doesn't work in boot. doh)

Servie history ---- erm, some

Goes like stink --- check

sounds graeat --- check

Drives great ---- check(slight pull to the left)

Lots of fun ---- check

wipers are pants --- check

ligthts are pants--- check

enjoyable --- check

IMG_0458-1.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0452-1.jpg

IMG_0459-1.jpg

IMG_0460-1.jpg

Sorry about the filth. lots of rain and have done about 250 mies in two days lol

Picked it up saturday drove 2 miles and an outer skin of one of the exhaust boxes came away and dragged down the road you can imagine my thoughts when i first heard it. any way long story short big bump and a wheel wrench later it was forced backwards so the air didn't catch it nd force it on to the road. i manged to get home with no problems ( 3 hours ). went it to kwi fit today and they removed to so all is good for now.

hoping to book into TSR in bridgewater ( any body used them are they ok with standard cars or do they only deal with modified) for a major service and check over, and to find out why ABS light is on.

cheers for looking, Si :D :D

very nice

get the bits n pieces sorted first,then prepare your bank account/credit card for some minor mod action :clap:

Miltek or Magnex Exhaust

Lowered suspension

then viola you'll have a well sorted example

Good luck - I actually recognise the car as one I test drove a few months back. I walked away as to drive in a straight line I had the steering wheel at 5-10 degrees from normal - perhaps this has been rectified since then. The ABS light also behaved rather like an old choke light - on for the first 5 minutes and then it disappears.

As you mention it's worth getting it checked out and don't be surprised if the first bills are high. I get my surprise tomorrow when my 137,000 Storm gets it's first major service since I bought it.

Good luck - I actually recognise the car as one I test drove a few months back. I walked away as to drive in a straight line I had the steering wheel at 5-10 degrees from normal - perhaps this has been rectified since then. The ABS light also behaved rather like an old choke light - on for the first 5 minutes and then it disappears.

As you mention it's worth getting it checked out and don't be surprised if the first bills are high. I get my surprise tomorrow when my 137,000 Storm gets it's first major service since I bought it.

Hi Yes the steering wheel isn't exactley swtraight but hope that is something simple, most work vehicles come back from service lke that so nt to bothered, will be sorted. Hoping abs light is a sensor.

I am expecting a big service bill. but want to get it checked properly to make sure all is as it should be.

Si

Booked into TSR now so hopefully the c will be in tip top mechanical condition by the end of the month. then i will move onto the other little niggles. lolo. :D

sI

well been to TSR today for a major service and inspection.

going back in a couple of weeks for the following,(new about some of it but not all) :epicfail:

o/s/r abs sensor

brake fluid change

aux belt

rear shocks

exhaust

N/S/R engine mount

rear bump stops

rear beam bushes

rear brake pipes

top mounts

new wishbones

coulb be worse i suppose ( TSR are gonna do me a good price on the above still waiting for final figure but from what were talking earlier think it should be pretty good)

all seems worth it when you drive it, runs a lot better after the service. :D

bought a multimeter to try and find out why c/l is u/s

managed to retumble boot lock the other day so can now lock the whole car

does anyone know if you can get a paint spray for the cream interior plastics as some of it is chipped and the black shows through?

si

yeh TSR aren't the cheapest, but you get what you pay for i guess, sure it'll be worth it