Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

All black wheels. Chav or not?

Ive redone a few sets of wheels in all black as its easy to do and they dont need too much looking after. If you get a scrape, whip the wheel off and respray.

Ive got another set of wheels that Im thinking of doing this too but more and more I see cars with all black wheels and dare I say it a lot are of the chavtastic kind.

Have they become the subaru equivalent of gold wheels?

As an idea this is what I was planning (but in green obviosuly) and my favourite wheel of all time on the Rallye.

Actually I think black wheels work much better on older cars with all the black plastic trim than newer ones. Particularly succesful on a red Corrado. Just make sure it's a matt finish, gloss is a bit bling for the understated looks of the Corrado.

For other car colours, maybe a dark gunmetal grey would be better, but on a red Corrado black wheels look good, imho.

Depends on the car really. They certainly look good on road rally cars of most types.

Otherwise they tend to be put on cars of a dubious colour to help tone it all down a bit! Or so i tend to notice anyway.

Saying that black 911 with black wheels would do me :grin:

Personally, Im not keen. Ive been looking at getting some BBS RS's but so many people have finished the centres black. While not awful, I think they look so much better silver.

Yeah not keen on the black centre thing. Its all black or nothing.

These are the ones Ive done in the past and they were ok as mentioned above it keeps a two colour theme going i.e. black and green. I'll probably do it as its the easiest option.

i find silver normally looks better and the car appears to have more class with silver wheels.

also i don't like when peoples wheels are a nice shade of black but the tyres are old grey/brown etc

Black wheels on a black car works well, if its a mean looking car :dorky:

I've been noticing more Corsas and the like with black wheels around, but the C looks really good with them on so its OK in my book.

I've got a set of standard 8V wheels which I'm going to use as my winters. I've been thinking that satin black would be a good way to go, and to be honest I don't think they look chavvy at all, as long as they suit the car its all good!

Problem is you see all the new Corsa's, Fiesta ST yellow things, Clio Cup with them now. Saying that the new Lambo SV has them as well..

Absolutely not chav, but then I would say that as I've got them on mine :lol: To be honest they suit some colours better than others though. Mines a black car, so (obviously) I like it with black. Easier to keep clean as well :wink:

Silver in preference generally...but now and again a matt black set of alloys on the right colour of car (or a Lotus in general!) look pimp. Those wheels on the Rallye would look cool on a Corrado. I even think standard Speedlines in gunmetal would look rather good.

I think all black looks awesome, how many wheels have you had now mate! :lol: