Sign in to follow this  
Flexso

Show us your engine bay!

8vmatt, could you take another pic of how you have connected the bracket to the engine that holds the BMC? :)

Yep I can do for ya.

To start with, there is a flat metal strip that came in the BMC box. Just cut about a 3" piece and bend into an L shape. 1" by 2". Drill out one of the holes in the strip at the long end. You need this hole to clear one of the engine bolts on that side of the engine. Undo the bolt and feed the strip onto it and tighten. Now you can bolt the filter strap to the metal strip. Ta Daa!

8vmatt, could you take another pic of how you have connected the bracket to the engine that holds the BMC? :)

Yep I can do for ya.

To start with, there is a flat metal strip that came in the BMC box. Just cut about a 3" piece and bend into an L shape. 1" by 2". Drill out one of the holes in the strip at the long end. You need this hole to clear one of the engine bolts on that side of the engine. Undo the bolt and feed the strip onto it and tighten. Now you can bolt the filter strap to the metal strip. Ta Daa!

Ah thats how i did it! :lol: it looks like you've done it slightly different in the pic. Obviously not.

Yep I can do for ya.

Ah thats how i did it! :lol: it looks like you've done it slightly different in the pic. Obviously not.[/quote:11lgj33w]

Oh right, how's it look different to yours? Got a pic?

Ahh see what you mean, it does look like that from the pic to be fair, no worries. The BMC is great though hey!

Indeed it is matey!

I bought a BMC cleaning kit the other week and gave it a wash and then put some oil on it. DONT DO IT! It must have been causing my MAF problems as the revs would dip occasionally and sometimes caused the car to stall - until i washed it all off :?

IMG_0184.JPG[/attachment:3n0f4s3c]

Got to get a photo up whilst it's clean!!

Thats bloody lovely 8) were did you get the charge cooler?

Dan

C5 OEM - that engine bay looks prestine! Looks like its just rolled out of the factory, absolutely shiny shiny clean! :D

Yup some great bays on the forum but at the moment C5 OEM is my favourite - how it was meant to be :salute:

C5 OEM - that engine bay looks prestine! Looks like its just rolled out of the factory, absolutely shiny shiny clean! :D

Yup some great bays on the forum but at the moment C5 OEM is my favourite - how it was meant to be :salute:[/quote:393aycmx]

cheers guys, still got lots to improve but going in the right direction :notworthy:

IMG_0184.JPG[/attachment:2724y7id]

Got to get a photo up whilst it's clean!!

McLovin' the orange rocker cover - different, but it just works somehow.

:salute: