Sign in to follow this  
Flexso

Show us your engine bay!

have you miss placed your engine... whats going in?

Original VR6, completely rebuilt though. I gave a chap a mountain bike on freecycle recently and it turned out that he used to be on the Audi Quattro rally team... knows a thing or two about engines and 'popping in' some quattro pistons. Not entirely sure how this is gonna end up... no doubt expensive and messy. :)

Kip lucky to get a sump in as good condtion as that from the dealers, usually come from them lookin like they've hit a speed bump or two

Kip lucky to get a sump in as good condtion as that from the dealers, usually come from them lookin like they've hit a speed bump or two

No Kidding mate, this was just like that so before it was fitted I had it Nylon coated before fitting.

Bit annoyed that they come with no packaging whatsoever then other things come overly packaged :roll:

Was cheap to get done anyway :grin: and will probably keep looking better for longer than the standard paint that they come with.

Quick reminder of what the engine bay was like to start with.

DSC00047-2.jpg

This morning.

DSCF8074.jpg

DSCF8071.jpg

DSCF8073.jpg

Best R32 install I've seen to date, by miles. Well done Kip!

If it were mine though, I'd relocate the battery to the boot (as per the MK5) and use the full MK5 air box for extra OEM+ appeal :D

Glad you all like it :grin: I think OEM+ is a nice compramise between modding a car and restoring it. My aim is for someone who had never seen a Corrado before not realise it has been modified...

Kev, It did cross my mind to do that, I even printed out a 'footprint' of an A3 3.2 airbox (same style as a Mk5 but bigger MAF fitting), but you end up with this long skinny space between the top mount and the headlight that I think looks a bit odd. That's not to say the TT airbox fits perfectly, it's far from perfect. But it would have been good for weight distribution, every little helps!