Sign in to follow this  
Dr Forinor

GTR Test drive [Now with pics on page 8]

I know about the running costs, which are not good, and yeh, parking it is a proper b!tch. Thats why I went for the rear parking sensors hehehe.

It's not gonna be my main car, the Corrado's for that so I'm hoping the running costs wont hit me too hard, guess we'll find out soon enough eh.

Yeh I went for the Black Edition aswell :D

Good man, glad to see that even with a GTR sat in the drive you'll be keeping the C!

Good man, glad to see that even with a GTR sat in the drive you'll be keeping the C!

Every other car (including the GTR) will come & go, the C will stay forever :D

Thanks for the best wishes guys, seriously I appreciate it a lot.

I was a little reluctant at first to even mention it in case some people thought I was showing off or rubbing your noses in or whatever other stuff people come up with but the only reason I'm sharing it is cos I wanna share my joy.

I'm very excited & the fact you guys are happy for me makes me even happier.

Lol, ok speech over!

Shall keep this thread updated with pictures :D

you better, and i want a piece of paper with your user name to prove its yours :lol: only jokin

speaking of running costs.......... don't nudge anything... EDIT - although, it seems there was a mix up in the pricing... still... can't imagine that would be a cheap fix...

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/127250-accident-dont-do-what-i-did.html

Oh I read that, left a horrible taste in the mouth haha[/quote:2a06s0i1]

:lol: i bet it did!

Anyway! on a lighter note, what a car!!! you're gonna have some weekend!! can't wait for the pics! :shades:

and still rare even in Aberdeen. Ive only seen two going about. Both were all black though. Pretty sure one had the the plate H1 BYE

im thinking a bit in car vid or camera on the bumper for the drive home lol :clap:

I'm leaving in 4hours, a 1hr 20min train journey, then I get picked up by the garage and then WOOHOO!!! :clap:

U must be having some serious fun in that... Went out in a red one a long while back and flip me its beyond anything ive experienced before... pretty much as scary/crazy as the merc slr id been out in prior to that...

Much respect to you sir, you're going to love it! :luvlove:

Thanks for the best wishes guys, seriously I appreciate it a lot.

I was a little reluctant at first to even mention it in case some people thought I was showing off or rubbing your noses in or whatever other stuff people come up with but the only reason I'm sharing it is cos I wanna share my joy.

I'm very excited & the fact you guys are happy for me makes me even happier.

Lol, ok speech over!

Shall keep this thread updated with pictures :D

You're getting to experience something many of us are unlikely to be able to.. buying a car of that calibre will probably always be out of my reach so the next best thing is enjoying it via proxy. So keep sharing your experiences, pictures, etc :)

Well I'm really jealous, but in a good way. Don't feel bad about posting, petrolheads will always unite over a car like this, and most of us will only ever get a brief glimpse of one as it goes past at a tremendous speed, so any insight into the car is very much of interest. I suppose you've had a good thrash on the way home so what's it ilke? Apart from awesome obviously :)

Surprised how many folks are suggesting you'd nail it on the way home. If I was spending that kind of money on a car like that, I'd be keen to do the good old 1,000 mile run in. Or is it not necessary on something like that?

Here you are me mateys! Picked it up yesterday at 4.30pm, GTR technician went through with me a few things, which was nice.

Guys, I dont have the words to explain how good the car is. Everything is just so tight, the gearbox is amazingly efficient & smooth, you hear it click clacking away changing gears, the whirr of the flywheels, the deep note of the exhaust at low revs.

I have to be "nice" with the car for the first 1200miles :(

First 300miles, no revving above 3500 (to see where 3k rpm was in 6th gear it sits at 90mph), so I just set it to 70mph yesterday & set it to cruise, all the way home, was really enjoying the drive to the extent where I thought I want to set the cruise speed to 65mph cos I dont want the journey to end.

Any questions welcomed hahaha :tongue:

Figured there would be some kind of run in on something as precision as that... I'm sure those 1,200 miles will be done before you know it and then you can really enjoy it :)

Looks absolutely stunning... beautiful car. Look forward to hearing more of your impressions as the miles roll by :)

one of many things i love about the gtr is the afterburner lights its an amazing machine enjoy fella

gorgeous, theres one of these exactly the same as this one parked up a 100m from my gf's flat, gives me an excuse to go round hers now! :) slow down every time to have a peak. id love to have a nosey inside etc and take some picutures but not when i dont know the owner and its parked in the buliding car park. Good luck with the car, an absolute beaut! hope you have many miles of safe, all be it slightly quick driving!