Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

ECU reset needed after K&N panel filter fitted?

Answering my own question - I don't think it's needed as the ECU will just meter (allegedly) more air going in.

Does anyone reckon an ECU reset is really necessary?

Resetting the ECU only helps with a very small number of issues, but has anyone considered a dash mounted ECU reset switch?

I'm just thinking about the hassles that go with disconnecting the battery, like loss of clock and MFA data, loss of Car radio settings and the feckin alarm ringing in my ear when I put the battery back on.

On rare occasions that the ECU needs rebooting, I'd rather flick a switch than keep pulling the battery lead off tbh.

Resetting the ECU only helps with a very small number of issues, but has anyone considered a dash mounted ECU reset switch?

I

I think you've just discovered your next mod.... :-)

You'd need some sort of locking switch/lock-out mechanism to stop "inadvertent mis-operation" !!!

Maybe not dash mounted - how about under the cubby hole/box near the fuse box?

Oh yeah...so I have :lol: I mod the thing more than I drive it at the moment!

I know that feeling all too well! :wink: :roll: :lol:

Yes but you're doing some MAJOR mods my man, where as my car sits on the drive 90% of the time receiving superficial add-ons from it's bored owner!

Yes but you're doing some MAJOR mods my man, where as my car sits on the drive 90% of the time receiving superficial add-ons from it's bored owner!

PMSL.... (although that could be due to too much alcohol tonight! :roll: :oops: :lol: )

To be fair, quite a few of the mods I've done are due to me wanting to get back in my 'rado and not having all of the bits here yet to actually do the major work it needs... :roll: The rear wiper (a-la-you!) and the new gauge faces are points in case to this one... :oops:

I just want my car back in one, drivable, piece... :cry:

Soon... soon... That's all I keep telling myself... :?