big ben

Big Ben's VRT

:wave:

as many of you regulars know i have been and brought Marcus' VRT recently (thanks mate!!). Thought i would start this thread now as i have loads of plans for it, not going OTT though...

im loving the way it drives :D and i think the ride height is perfect, slightly rubs the splitter on speed humps and i can easily have someone in the back. I have been swapping the interior over, put a standard grill on for now, sorting the sound system out, got some window shields and a bra (only using on long journeys dont wory)... loads more work going on in the next few weeks/months...

anyway, pics;

how it looks at the minute

Corrado92.pdf1 [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:25qxyiw4]

rear end

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf7.JPG[/attachment:25qxyiw4]

the VRT and lloydys G60

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf2 [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:25qxyiw4]

interior

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf9.JPG[/attachment:25qxyiw4]

more interior

10.JPG[/attachment:25qxyiw4]

Looks good!

How does a VRT compare to a normal VR then?

Btw, do you drive in a sleeping position???

Does look very nice but I'm with Tom - how the heck do you drive it reclined that far back?! I'm fairly tall and can't have it anywhere like that reclined!

the day i picked it up, i had spat a scooby out of the exhaust pipe in 5 mins, and then had it at surrey rolling road in 30 mins, with some of you other forum chaps, and had it on a dyno where it got 294bhp... so have booked in to be checked over with dave and graham, as even though it was hot it may of lost a few ponys somewhere...

pics;

corrados

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf6.JPG[/attachment:1r8yb4qz]

nice ass

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf5.JPG[/attachment:1r8yb4qz]

all hooked up

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf4.JPG[/attachment:1r8yb4qz]

lower that was expected but enough for me at the min thats for sure!!

3.JPG[/attachment:1r8yb4qz]

PIMP interior....R32??

what gear knob is that looks 8)

yeah R32 seats, but the interior is left hand drive, has seen better days to so i am converting it all to black standard leather... i know what you all thinking, that im crazy :lol:

gear nob is a chrome one with a VR6 badge on the top?? never seen one before so god knows where from...

Looking good mate, glad you're happy with it all.

What are your plans for the interior then if you're swapping it over?

Edit - Haha! Beat me to it! :lol:

Looks good!

How does a VRT compare to a normal VR then?

Btw, do you drive in a sleeping position???

well its completly different, MUCH faster, and still dead smooth in traffic etc, just perfect... sounds completly different, but in a good way. If we are ever at a meet i will let you have a drive and you can see for yourself :wink:

and i suppose it looks really far back, but i havent noticed at all, feels normal believe it or not :lol:

Looking good mate, glad you're happy with it all.

What are your plans for the interior then if you're swapping it over?

im over the moon mate, will have to meet up some time and show you what its all about, im sure i will let you have a go if your nice to me :wink:

yeah interior is sold already, pretty much out as we speak, a pic of me going back to black this wkend;

8.JPG[/attachment:rgzgqv7p]

im over the moon mate, will have to meet up some time and show you what its all about, im sure i will let you have a go if your nice to me :wink:

yeah interior is sold already, pretty much out as we speak, a pic of me going back to black this wkend

I'll be good, I promise!

I actually think you're doing a good trick with the interior. Nothing wrong with the R32 one, lovely infact, but I personally am not keen on light coloured leather.... just asking to get marked.

Can't wait to see it.

yeah it obviously had 3 door speakers which i really didnt like, leather parcel shelf which is way too bling and the switchs were on the wrong doors. So putting in my interior from the old VR, i do like the R32 seats they are comfy but it had to be sold as a full package unfortunately, would of liked to retrim them black but oh well.

V.nice. Love the wheels.

they are nice, Marcus has done a very good job, just needs some TLC and just carry on from where he left off, its gone to a good home :grin:

lovley car mate as you know and the wheels do suit it well :tongue: dont other cars on the road just look plain slow now... :lol:

they sure do, feels like nothing can keep up any more :lol: cant imagine what 350-400bhp feels like :cuckoo:

never thought i would get to drive a VRT, let alone own 1!!! glad to be part of the elite group :salute:

:lol: anything above 350 mate is just one big blur.... :nuts:

i bet it is, my tracking needs doing so quite a bit of vibration going on, and my mirror vibrates a gooden, so looking in thats just a blur :lol:

what figures is yours running at mate??

Awesome ride!...:)

Any info on how those R32 seats where fitted?.

Cheers!

they have custom made subframes, i have had a quick look as they are still in the car and there is a label on them so will let you know any info i can find out, but looks a very professional job to me

:lol: anything above 350 mate is just one big blur.... :nuts:

i bet it is, my tracking needs doing so quite a bit of vibration going on, and my mirror vibrates a gooden, so looking in thats just a blur :lol:

what figures is yours running at mate??[/quote:2ubv3nj1]

no idea of power but with 20 psi i assume around the 400hp mark....killed many of a car with allot more hp....just need to get it on rollers to find out :)

when i get them out i will take some pics for you so you can see exactly how they are made up

That would be fab!...;)

20psi :shock: :shock: :shock: your off ya head :lol:

mines running at a pathetic 0.7bar... i have only raced a scooby really, and a saxo VTR or S whatever they are, was so funny, over took this guy and he followed me thinking he had a chance :cuckoo: i put a mile in between us in seconds it felt like, but im just immature and like thrashing these boy races

^^^^^that's half the fun of driving a fast car! Twonks in Saxos and the like :D I'd like a go in this one day, see how it compares to the V9.