big ben

Big Ben's VRT

thanks guys. The wrap cost me £180. But for someone to do it, I would say its going to be 800-1000 approx

£180?! Amazing! See if you can get him to do a £500 forum special! Decent weekends earnings for him and great saving for us?! :shrug:

Cheaper than a respray your's look's really good it's strange when you see a car in a non standard colour i know someone with a mk2 golf painted in a modern mercedes colour and it get's some attention.

looks great, its funny how wrapping looks so easy in pics, but its something i could screw up pretty quick

Looks amazing mate , been contemplating wrapping mine for a while as i do this kind of stuff for a living aswell , what matariel was used was it 3m or hexis , and more importantly was it the proper bubble free vehichle wrap

I was always concerned that the back bumper would be a bitch as its quite a sharp corner at either side ! What kind of state was the car in before the wrap was it badly chipped on the bonnet as thats my biggest concern ! My cars full of stone chips and wouldnt want them to show through and look ****

I am back on the scene! Nice to see so many people active on this forum still, really surprised, at the same time what a great forum to be on, so I am not surprised :lol:

The rado has been parked in the garage for 2 years. Got my first mortgage, nice garage and double driveway now. It still has the vinyl wrap on, all though its not great now and I'm getting it full resprayed in April. Needs some tlc before mot and being on road to. Really excited, I'm going to run it daily over summer and maybe beyond as I don't do many miles.

Anyway, good to be back. I can see my wallet getting hurt being back on here though haha

Hells yes! Another back on the scene. Good to see you Ben. Still Bedford way? Should organise a midlands meet up.

wow thanks guys, great to see the oldies still about haha :)

Thanks Dogma, it did look nice when it was done. It hasnt worn very well, and i cant wait to get it off to be honest

Yeah Mic, we never did catch up!! I am still Bedford way yeah, will have to join some meets this year again, if there is any on around us let me know.

How is it going mr Coullstar, last time i was active on here you had just sold your VRT! What a beast, i see you have a Storm now. Missing the VRT? I some times miss a standard VR6 believe it or not, turbos turn them into completely different animals huh. I have all new discs and pads, 323mm discs are bloody expensive! Other than paint, my boost pipework has bit of rust and the bay is looking a bit ****ty, so lots of bolts, filters, fixings, powder coating going to happen to freshen it up. Nothing major i am hoping, it still is on 73k or something, only done maybe 1k since having all new chains done, barely used it hehe

Edited by big ben

Longer ago than that I sold the VRT. I got a silver std VR for about 4 years then sold it and had a 18month break with some other interesting beats inbetween. Came back late last year and wanted something stdish to just have some fun and drive. Got my RS4 for all out blasts.

Wow yeah, time absolutely flies. I feel embarrassed looking back in my thread at the age of stuff, and how long the gaps have been with it off the road. Something will always bring us back to the corrados, only i keep mine rather than selling them in my time off periods haha. I have the corrado bug big now, now i have the funds to get it painted and do everything i have wanted to do for so long. Its like a new car, i was sitting in it weekend like a kid who got his first car :lol:

I don't know how you can have a vrt and not drive it for that long! Mines been off the road since October and I'm itching to drive it again.

Would definitely love to see how a vrt compares to an r32, still got my vr6 engine in my garage just incase I ever want to build a vrt

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

haha, it wasn't by choice. I now have 2 kids, had to save deposit for a mortgage with running 2 other cars. Unfortunately it took a back seat. I have been quite lucky i managed to keep it throughout this time.

But i wont ever sell this car, that's the only thing that keeps you contempt and sane while it sits there. So many years of motoring to come in it! Good to see you still around matey, I to would like to see the difference as I have never been in a 24V beast

What became of G733 ALP? The Bordeaux red valver I swapped with your mk3 golf gti many moons ago?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Stryker, how are you buddy? I sold it to a close friend few years ago. He hasn't been in it much, it should be on the road again this year though. He brought a set of wheels for it over the winter, I will get a picture of it when its about! These are the wheels he has;

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86321[/ATTACH]

I insured the VRT today. I wanted to get it painted but i have just ordered more vinyl so its getting wrapped again in couple weeks. New colour haha. Lots of bits getting done over the next few weeks, as I am going to be using it daily again! So another returning member :)