big ben

Big Ben's VRT

I must say the Comp's look amazing mate, better than i thought they would on any rado.

I know most on here like the look of a fair bit of tyre but i must say the 205/40 falkens look perfect for me.

As far as the heater matrix goes, i've been there, its a ball ache and always seems to happen at the wrong time.

However after f-ing, blinding and generally freezing on christmas eve doing mine the dash went back in so much better than before and so many less rattles to boot. Really is a good opportunity to rewire everything perfectly and make sure everything fits snug and all bolts/screws are up tight. If you haven't done one before my advice is take your time as its defo something you won't want to do again.

Cars a personal fav of mine on this forum, so keep up the hard work.

just some of the coatings i have applied to get me through winter driving

Gtechniq C1 nanocoat - permanently bonds to paint to protect it :D

DSCF1306.jpg

Gtechniq G3 and G4 - applied on windows, can drive without wipers over 50mph which has big bonus in a corrado :norty:

DSCF1308.jpg

Gummi Pflege Stift - applied to all seals, revives them and stops them freezing

DSCF1309.jpg

G3 only lasts a couple months, G1 lasts 6 months so i will apply that soon!

A mate recommended this stuff and after seeing your results, I think I need to look into it more. Very impressive :luvlove:

so which one is the conditioner the Gtechniq G3 or the G4? hehe :lol: , its looking sweet. Good luck with the dash!

G3 is the sealant :tongue: but get G1 as it lasts longer!

I must say the Comp's look amazing mate, better than i thought they would on any rado.

I know most on here like the look of a fair bit of tyre but i must say the 205/40 falkens look perfect for me.

As far as the heater matrix goes, i've been there, its a ball ache and always seems to happen at the wrong time.

i know what you mean about doing it good and taking your time with it... and much appreicated, i still need to get a couple of bits off you, so will have to come over and take you out in it :)

Gummi Pflege Stift where did you get this from ben?

car looks fantastic by the way..

cheers bud, i got it from here http://shop.autobritedirect.co.uk/einsz ... -760-p.asp

A mate recommended this stuff and after seeing your results, I think I need to look into it more. Very impressive :luvlove:

nice one... and yeah, you need to get on it :lol:

AWESOME 8) lovin those wheels, where did you get the g tech stuff from??

cheers Chris! you can only get the Gtechniq stuff direct from them, i have recently done a review on detailing world for their wheel armor to, looks impressive so far

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=189099

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/

i know what you mean about doing it good and taking your time with it... and much appreicated, i still need to get a couple of bits off you, so will have to come over and take you out in it :)

Around over the weekend if you wanna swing down, my lockups a little way from mine in Flitwick so could take a drive up. :wink:

Whats bits were you after again...?

Around over the weekend if you wanna swing down, my lockups a little way from mine in Flitwick so could take a drive up. :wink:

Whats bits were you after again...?

yeah that sounds good, will probably be the sunday as will be getting the dash back in saturday (hopefully :lol:)

I wil PM you a list later this evening, mainly interior bits and bobs

cheers mate and where did you get the gimmi stuff from???

http://shop.autobritedirect.co.uk/einsz ... -760-p.asp

will stop my door sticking shut this time, last winter my golf GTI door handles were frozen, then the door was frozen shut to, the handbrake froze on as well so i had to leave it off, was a nighmare :lol:

does anyone know of something i can put in my door locks to stop them freezing? WD40 maybe?

Hi Ben,

how did you get on with the C1, i was led to believe that is was not for the diy detailer?? just looking at getting some of there products and was reading some good reviews about the c1, also where did you buy it?? as i cant seem to buy it from off there website.

karl

Ive seen this car but it was before you owned it and just wanted to say it looks sexual on those wheels...nicely done...

Oh, and i finally got a rolling road pic for my thread :D with my mug shot in to :lol:

MSP01290.jpg

Mate.... feckin lush :notworthy:

I wish I didn't have Ice Gay Violet. I want your paint. Can we swap? :lol:

Ive seen this car but it was before you owned it and just wanted to say it looks sexual on those wheels...nicely done...

thanks, its amazing how different it looks now, some people prefer it some dont, i love the look though :D

Mate.... feckin lush :notworthy:

I wish I didn't have Ice Gay Violet. I want your paint. Can we swap? :lol:

cheers kev! i got lucky with the paint, because when buying my corrados i havent ever been fussy with colour.. Why dont you just have it resprayed a different colour when the time comes for fresh paint? how about oak green :norty:

if this car wasnt for sale i would be driving a oak green rado

Good idea but that would mean a repaint inside too and under the bonnet etc etc, a huge expense! I'd be happy with a respray of Ice Grey in the right shade tbh. Currently the front half is more or less purple compared to the rest, which is more bluey Gray which I like!

I'm sure Marcus must feel proud seeing his old car in this condition, you've done well mate, very well. :D

Do a search for a user called Pau1. He repainted his Corrado Oak Green and it looked rather special indeed 8)

Oh, and i finally got a rolling road pic for my thread :D with my mug shot in to :lol:

MSP01290.jpg

:salute: great pic

I'm sure Marcus must feel proud seeing his old car in this condition, you've done well mate, very well. :D

Do a search for a user called Pau1. He repainted his Corrado Oak Green and it looked rather special indeed 8)

Yeah im sure he will be fairly happy with what i have done.. havent spoke to him for quite a while actually, might send him an email at some point telling him to have a look on here

And it wasnt a good idea looking at the oak green corrado :( :lol:

cheers danny boy! my mate is on about doing a photo shoot soon so might have some more nice shots of it on the road, i think they are the best ones, where they belong :D

cheers danny boy! my mate is on about doing a photo shoot soon so might have some more nice shots of it on the road, i think they are the best ones, where they belong :D[/quote:3bbk5sko]

Agreed but did you catch this post Ben .......

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=95941

......strong case for studio pics :norty:

been doing a spot of polishing today :lol:

paint is slowly becoming swirl free, need to carry on next weekend with it and get it all mint for winter! picked up my first car park dent this week i noticed, not too happy about it but its not that bad and the door needs spraying anyway so will get it sorted soon as i can...

car looks excellent, and a lovely colour to work with too,

good work with the old matrix, it's only a matter of time but I've not needed to do one yet,

why oh why didn't VW make them more accessible, the freakin mk2 polo ones are a 10 minute slot in job from the scuttle are :roll:

cheers David, yeah the moonlight does polish up very nice :)

and im sure you will be doing a matrix soon, only a matter of time mate!

I found my thread! have some small updates to come, but the car hasnt been used all 2011 yet, its been parked up for 2 months... Looking forward to using it daily again, maybe another few weeks though

I need my VRT fix daily. I don't know how you can do without it for 6 weeks!

to be honest i cant handle not driving it, it kills me walking past it every morning,

but...

A) i dont like getting it dirty :camp:

B) i cant put the power down that well in any type of conditions other than dry :grin:

C) super unleaded prices and a VRT, dont go well for the bank balance :rolleyes:

to be honest i cant handle not driving it, it kills me walking past it every morning,

but...

A) i dont like getting it dirty :camp:

B) i cant put the power down that well in any type of conditions other than dry :grin:

C) super unleaded prices and a VRT, dont go well for the bank balance :rolleyes:

I completely agree with all of this, sad as I am, especially about the cleaning thing. Mine is so shiney at the moment, I think I might struggle to get the miles on it I need to run it in because the weather is so damp atm. And its not like I can use the power yet anyway!

Will be good to see your VRT again before too long, Ben.