24V Renshaw

PROJECT ROXSTER....PORSCHE DASH IN

Top marks for the porsche dash conversion plans, 997 dash is so much nicer than the 996 one though!

I couldn't even contemplate doing either so hats off to you :D

Mmmm nice dash, your gonna have to work hard if your going to try and better your last corrado as its still there in my top 3 corrados ever.

Top marks for the porsche dash conversion plans, 997 dash is so much nicer than the 996 one though!

I couldn't even contemplate doing either so hats off to you :D

Yeah find me a 997 dash complete and within my budget and I will fit it :)

Thanks guys. This is never going to go as far as the last Rado....well I say "never"... :)

Jay

Never say never again. Hey, that would make a good film title! lol.

Not sure its the dash I would have picked myself, but it still should look awesome once done. 8)

So what engine are you going for Jay? R36? Audi V8? W12?

Good to see you back in a Corrado, got to have a look at your old one in the flesh last year and I was blown away by the standard of work that went into it :notworthy:

Looking forward to seeing what you do this time :)

Well I have managed to get a couple of hours on the car today, between lying in and watching the grand prix.

Initial trial fit to check clearances of column, steering wheel etc. resulted in getting the dash mounted pretty securely.

40d4d16c.jpg

Then a check of the fit and alignment of centre console with shifter and tunnel. (blue bit will be painted arctic silver)

and a check on the fit to the doorcards, which almost fit perfectly and will only need minor tweeks I reckon. :)

d396421b.jpg

Overall result is good so far... will come out again while I install all the climatronic but very very happy with the first fit :clap:

f768cbc1.jpg

A very happy Jay.

One of the reasons I went for this dash over some others was it was not too wide for the car. A lot of modern dashes (like the TT I did before) are 1" or more wider than the rado dash, which means you have to completely modify the doorcards.

The boxster also has a high centre tunnel like the Rado, making it sit in a similar position.

Main reason though was the big rev counter right in front of you ;)

Jay

Nice! Look forward to seeing how this all comes together then Jay! :)

Going to start the wiring and climate install tonight if the weather holds... Just need enough functionality to get me to work and back tomorrow!

Jay

perhaps you could post some info on the climate control part of things jay. I've got the bits (apart from the sun sensor) and am planning to use the existing aircon compressor. I've also got a new aircon rad from a 2008 golf, which has different connections. Any pointers would be a great help.

Mmm not sure on that at the moment to be honest. Wouldnt have guessed its Porsche unless Id seen the dials. Once finished Im sure it will be good.

i saw your last car @ stealth at one of the RR days, it was pretty cool stuff.

I bet this is going to be awesome too. I dont know how you have the patience to do it, but i rate you for doing it mate.

Nice to see the pics too, to stop and stare in amazement.