Sign in to follow this  
UKG Grant

my new raddo vr6

Hello,

Well I finally got round to getting myself a corrado vr6

Since i'v had it iv done a few bits n' bobs and well here it is...

Started of with the usual, plugs leads, oil, filter etc and found it ran a lot nicer! then took the throttle body of gave it a good clean and re-fited it with a new gasket.

Then the coilovers arived so i Put them and lowered much as i could with juuusssstttttt enough room for my sump :S , got my self some cheapo 15" rims temporeroly while I get my hands on a set im after. Then took it to the body shop to get all little dings etc sorted and smoked the rearlights and tidied things up.

here's a couple of photos...

myrado.jpg

myraddo1.jpg

The weekend just gone I managed to get a few bits done again

took my headlights out and took the lenses of, painted the inside of them black leaving only the reflective parts needed...

IMG_0090.jpg

I then decided to polish my intake manifold. The previous owner had painted it black with out really preparing the manifold, so I had to take the paint of, then get rid of the pitting, and then begin polishing

here's a photo of when Iwas de-pitting it..

1tting.jpg

once this was done and i had polished and buffed it to a mirror finish I then masked it off ready to paint in-between the branches etc...

pa1nt.jpg

once it was all ready i re fitted it with new gaskets ans fitted a new cone filter for good measure! :)

IMG_0089.jpg

Next on the lists is to get myself some new wheels and go forced induction, iv decided to go down the turbo route but a stage one kit for now, nothing to crazy as its my daily but just to make it abit more fun! so updates when that starts. but that's about it!

comments welcome

Welcome along!

Like the job you've done on the manifold, looks smart.

And a set of wheels I've never seen on a VR before, kinda look a little like the Sebring that were standard fitment on the early 16v, Golf Rallye etc...

8)

cheers man! just found stealth are bringing out a turbo kit, should be out by december? sounds pretty good, custom intercooler etc so thinking i migh go for that.

Nice changes here buddy, small but effective changes 8)

Any specs on Stealth's turbo kit?

thanks ! :)

well i spoke to them yesterday, it was abit brief, the stage 1 kit consists of, rods, spacer gasket, turbo, custom intercooler (if they do one there not sure yet) to fit nicley behind the bumper t3/t4 turbo ( i think) and your other bits n' bobs, i think he said everything fitted and mapped for 3200? there trying to do the cheapest kit. they quote 320ish bhp on the stage 1 kit! :):), however I plan to just buy it fit it and take it back for a map. but it does sound promising.

vr6 turbo, ummmm 8)

looking good anyway mate, sounds like your list of mods etc will be never ending like mine :D

thanks ! :)

well i spoke to them yesterday, it was abit brief, the stage 1 kit consists of, rods, spacer gasket, turbo, custom intercooler (if they do one there not sure yet) to fit nicley behind the bumper t3/t4 turbo ( i think) and your other bits n' bobs, i think he said everything fitted and mapped for 3200? there trying to do the cheapest kit. they quote 320ish bhp on the stage 1 kit! :):), however I plan to just buy it fit it and take it back for a map. but it does sound promising.

Might have to have a cheeky word with Vince then!

Sounds perfect for what I'm after, not looking to break any silly BHP records but a bit more reliable grunt is always nice!

yehh it seems good, just if your going to change the rods, I dont see why you wouldent lower compression through the pistons rarther then a spacer gasket? i think the pistons are cheaper then the rods! supose it depends what nik there in. good value for money though for what it is!