Sign in to follow this  
macscorcher

water leak on passenger side - not foliage seal !

Hello folks

Need your expertise. Just bought my 1st Corrado and have found that both the front & rear passengerside footwells are full of water. Had a look around the forum and found the thread about the foliage seal, previous owner informed me that this has been replaced recently, ive got the bill for this with the cars paperwork and had a look myself and seems to be spot on as it should be ! However still got a LOT of water in just the passenger footwells and i discovered on the rear seat pan base under the firstaid kit ! Can anybody shed some light on where this might be coming from ? Am i missing something obvious ?

Thanks for your help !

Graeme

Membranes behind the door cards and/or blocked drain holes in the doors (again, door cards need to come off).

I'd a weird one, it was the gasket on the tailgate hinge blots. Water was tracking down the rear wash piping, then under the rear side window before entering the cabin near the front passenger side seat belt.

I'd a weird one, it was the gasket on the tailgate hinge blots. Water was tracking down the rear wash piping, then under the rear side window before entering the cabin near the front passenger side seat belt.

Not heard of that one before either!

Well done for tracking that down, another one to add to the mental check list!!

How in the name of sweet Mary Jane Jesus did you locate that?!

With difficulty!

I was convinced it was coming from the rear side window, so had that taken out and refitted - needless to say the leak was still there.

Eventually pulled the rear seats and trim out and waited for a rainy day - living in the North of England it was quicker to wait for rain than fill a bucket :D - it was then easy to see what was happening.

Hi, a simple thing to check for as i had this problem is just under the ecu is a hole where all the rain runs into.

Not sure if a rubber bung goes in there but i used a very short screw and some dum dum, and the problem is now solved.

Check this first as its quick and easy and saves ripping out the interior as i did.

Hi, a simple thing to check for as i had this problem is just under the ecu is a hole where all the rain runs into.

Not sure if a rubber bung goes in there but i used a very short screw and some dum dum, and the problem is now solved.

Check this first as its quick and easy and saves ripping out the interior as i did.

Hey. I have some pretty bad water leaking in the front too, I have taken the ECU out but I do not see said hole?

I have a lot of what looks like moulded plastic over the metal here though, most of it has cracked and is peeling off.

I've resealed the foliage cover with rtv silicone and hope that seals it (That was leaking too) but I am curious as to this ECU one.

Could you give me more details as to where this hole is?

Cheers!