lauraJ

LauraJ's VR6

Ok this is my car, i've had it about 4 months now. It's pretty much standard apart from being lowered slightly - no front splitter on it because of this, I can't get over the speed bumps or on our drive.

Needs a respray ideally but need to save the penny's for that. :)

A few pics - Hope you like

th_Geoff014.jpg

th_Geoff006.jpg

th_Geoff007.jpg

th_Geoff011.jpg

th_Geoff016.jpg

Edited by lauraJ

Thanks for the nice comments. It photographs well :lol:

Yeah i love the black alloys - I have thought about borbet A's but you don't see to many corrados with black seabrings so will keep it like that for now.

Well i'm off to the Coventry festival of Motoring tomorrow - my foray into meeting other corrado owners.

No don't think E38 is really my thing. Not really into all that 'scene' stuff lol.

Agreed.

My car is red too and in desperate need of a respray but that's the least of my worries at the moment! I still use my front splitter. I'd rather scrape that than my sump. I do spend a lot of time wincing though.... :pale: :lol:

Indeed, looks cool. 8)

I shall be seeing this in the flesh tomorrow at Cov, but will be letting the side down with a rusty door. :(

Indeed, looks cool. 8)

I shall be seeing this in the flesh tomorrow at Cov, but will be letting the side down with a rusty door. :(

tut tut lol :nono:

Quick Update

Ok so nothing really amazing - but 'ta dah' it now has a new passenger wing mirror and a wing mirror switch! Good Times :D

Also on a side Note it's booked in at DG Autotech next week to have a look at its over zealous fuel useage!It's also not liking the cold starts at the moment. I've never looked so forward to a car going in to a garage before! :cuckoo:

Anyhoo still saving for it's paint job.

Thanks guys!! really appreciate the nice comments! :D

I love it but then it is my car - a long way to go to make it perfect (but i don't think it will ever be that as it's my daily driver and 20 years old in January!)

So today it went to DG Autotech..........

and the list wasn't that bad! But there is some fuel saver device of some description on it :cuckoo: and the vacuum hoses were apparently all over the place and the timing advance is set at 10 degrees rather 6 degrees. So if there are any previous owners of this car on here - can you let me know what happened? :shrug:

It's going back in on Friday to have new injectors, HT Leads and a few other things.

It already feels like a new car with the small things that have been done :grin:

there is some fuel saver device of some description on it :cuckoo:

a fuel saving device? like a brick under the right pedal :grin:

just hope it wasn't an 'ecotek' valve, is amazing how a little TLC can make a car feel soooo much better tho - pity a visit to DGA would mean a ferry trip for me :(

So today it went to DG Autotech..........

and the list wasn't that bad! But there is some fuel saver device of some description on it :cuckoo: and the vacuum hoses were apparently all over the place and the timing advance is set at 10 degrees rather 6 degrees. So if there are any previous owners of this car on here - can you let me know what happened? :shrug:

It's going back in on Friday to have new injectors, HT Leads and a few other things.

It already feels like a new car with the small things that have been done :grin:

I never noticed a fuel saver on it! where was that? :confused4:

As for the timing, I've got no idea! I never touched the engine...must of been the knob that i bought it off- he was a 205 GTI enthusiast (but his 205 was rough as!)

Anyway, glad it's ok now!

Hope Geoff is ok now :D

terry

Geoff is running great - so far so good! Just a few more things to sort. But I love the fact that i'm driving a nearly 20 year old car as a daily and it sounds so much healthier than most of work colleagues cars (also it's a better looking car :lol: )

Off to the rolling road tomorrow at stealth :cuckoo: to see what he's got (or how much he has lost?!) I think i'm going to be the only 1.8 16v so it might be a bit embarrassing! :lol:

I never noticed a fuel saver on it! where was that? :confused4:

As for the timing, I've got no idea! I never touched the engine...must of been the knob that i bought it off- he was a 205 GTI enthusiast (but his 205 was rough as!)

Anyway, glad it's ok now!

not too sure about the full details of the fuel saver - all i know is it can't be doing that good of a job as i'm not getting amazing fuel economy! lol Although it's much much better after the work that was done :)

Out of interest did you paint the wheels black?

Ok so i thought I'd put up the results from the Rolling Road Yesterday.

146.7bhp/6254rpm at the flywheel

127.9 lb ft/5644rpm torque

Obv the figures looked meagre against the vr6's and G60's but I was happy with them and the engine didn't go bang which was nice :lol:

Only bad thing, the fan belt has slackened off after being on the rollers (so i'm sorry for the awful squeaking noise as I pulled out of the car park at Stealth - :oops: )

Was good to meet everyone at the RR day also!