Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

things to do at stealth

My cars going in for a bit or work next week and Im not sitting about all day waiting on it so is there anything local to do to kill 2-3 few hours before it gets mapped?

Dont really mind just wandering about somewhere as long as there something to look at.

There's a small village with a pub.

Get trashed?

Might make driving home a bit tricky though!

As far as I remember, there's nothing particularly interesting within a reasonable radius.

LOL Errrr nothing. There is a petrol station nearby!

You could ask VERY nicely and get them to drop you off in Banbury. You can at least go to the cinema or something then :grin:

Or take your bike and go on a nice road ride. Plenty of nice little lanes to pootle down and as mentioned plenty of nice country pubs to chow down in

Matt

I'd have met up for a beer if you fancied it as I live 15 minutes from Stealth - but am out on a course all week :(

A week on the sauce leading up to it wont help me. I suppose wandering in to town, getting some food etc should waste a couple of hours. Ive just had enough of sitting about in waiting rooms at garages.

Anybody know if they have a room where I could take a kip? A 400+ miles journey awaits me afterwards so its going to be a long day.

A week on the sauce leading up to it wont help me. I suppose wandering in to town, getting some food etc should waste a couple of hours. Ive just had enough of sitting about in waiting rooms at garages.

Anybody know if they have a room where I could take a kip? A 400+ miles journey awaits me afterwards so its going to be a long day.

Nice field nearby....

...anything local to do ...

pick your nose and stare at the few car parts vince has tied to the wall in reception?

There's f-all to do in Southam, and it's in the middle of nowhere :lol:

yup, nothing to do down there, i've had a kip in the waiting room before now :)

going to the Total garage on the corner is normally the most exciting thing, then all thats overtaken when you drive your VR6 home!!!

The garage does sell a lot of good junk food though! :)

They could really do with some entertainment at Stealth though.. a console or something. Vince is a gamer so I'm surprised he's not thought of putting something like that in! :)

Stay and watch your car man!!

My 2-3 hr remap turned into a 9 to 5 job... Vince and Jon worked some serious magic!

i've looked into this too as i will take my car there, (when its all working)

i've found a fishing lake nearby that i might visit. But am going to take a friend and get him to drive up with my fishing gear and me in the rado lol

Not just a remap, the box is getting changed as well so it will be an all day job. Might see if I can drop it off on the way down instead as its sounds like one boring ass day.

Not just a remap, the box is getting changed as well so it will be an all day job. Might see if I can drop it off on the way down instead as its sounds like one boring ass day.

very very good idea, what day you dropping the car off mate?? if i'm off i can meet you and drop you off at the train station so you can get to where you need to go.

karl

Birmingham is even closer and there's more than enough to do there to kill a day :)

Leamington train station is about 9 miles from Stealth and Birmingham New Street (which is right in the city centre) is about 20 minutes on the train! :)

Heading to my Bro's wedding and just found out my dad is going down on Monday as well so I'll probably drop it of then now.

Can maybe get the train from Bournemouth to L.Spa then so long as it doesnt involve stopping in loads of places.

There is a direct line from Bournemouth to Banbury.

Banbury is approx 12 miles from Stealth.

What day is your car booked in at Stealth ?

Dependant on the day, I should be able to give you a lift from Banbury to Stealth if needed.

Southam is a dead boring town, I can only suggest googling it to see if anything of interest to you comes up.

Otherwise, take a good book.