Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

Rear wiper alternative.

'lo all,

Just been reading the rear wiper removal thread and it got me thinking. I really like the look of the smooth boot lid, but i find the rear wiper useful so i would want to keep it. But i was wondering, just like the TT/Lupo front wiper arm replacement, is there another rear wiper arm that could be used on the rear of a corrado, a more low profile arm maybe?

Any thoughts?

There are at least a couple of Corrados around where the 'blade' end of a Lupo arm has been welded to the 'pivot' end of an original C rear arm - looks good.

Another item on my 'to do' list.

There are at least a couple of Corrados around where the 'blade' end of a Lupo arm has been welded to the 'pivot' end of an original C rear arm - looks good.

Any links to any?

I would like to do this also.

Matt

Isn't the lupo rear wiper alot shorter then the corrado rear wiper?

I don't know - maybe it's a 'front' Lupo arm ??

Hopefully one of the members who have done this will respond.

Any links to any?

I would like to do this also.

Matt

The Delta Force has it on his VR, or had it on his valver, I can't remember which.

Genuine VW retrofit Aero wiper blade to replace the standard rear wiper on the VW Corrado all models all years. Uses your standard wiper arm.

http://www.veedubmachine.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=101_103&products_id=330[/quote']

Ah.... that may do it. The flatter profile of the blade will allow the arm to sit closer to the window.

I have a rear blade similar to the one shown - fits on a standard C rear arm - and I'm not that impressed with it to be honest.

It wipes ok, but it just doesn't look as 'neat' as the converted C arms I've seen. Easier to fit, though.

Mine is the same as the one in the link, tidied things up nicely, and does indeed make the arm sit a bit more

flush to the screen. Cheap and easy to swap too...

Noob Rear wiper question... can it be adjusted? Mine's wiping onto the rubber (pass side) and would like it to sit a bit flatter rather than outer end up.... If that makes sense...

As to wipers, I've used Bosch Spolier blade wipers and seem ok...

For the sake of a tenner i reckon it would be worth a shot.

Does anyone have a pic of the welded lupo wiper, any links?

Here you go - taken at GTi International this year.

Hi all,

I was in Costco today and noticed they had replacement blades for the lupo wiper arms, priced at £6.50, but I also noticed they had a attachment for the hook type so bought an 18" one for the rear too, to see what like.....

07032010137.jpg[/attachment:1df5y5w7]

Not quite as tidy as the welded end, but very simple!