Sign in to follow this  
warren

fuel warning light ???

hi there,

this may sound like a dumb question!! but do corrados have a fuel warning light to tell you the fuels getting low? only got mine on sunday and the last owner said,"there should be enough fuel in there for your journey home,anyway when the light comes on you still have 40 miles or so left" i honestly did not think it had a fuel light? :shrug:

"there should be enough fuel in there for your journey home,anyway when the light comes on you still have 40 miles or so left"

When he said that did he look like this??

pinocchio.jpg?w=270&h=283

there is such a thing in the US.

Due to our crappy spec lighting, we did not have the leveler switches, and there next to the headlights on early spec models is a low fuel light. :D

Annoying IMHO.

there is such a thing in the US.

Due to our crappy spec lighting, we did not have the leveler switches, and there next to the headlights on early spec models is a low fuel light. :D

Annoying IMHO.

got any pics?

IIRC it is not a light, but a slimple blind cap. I have seen some people in this forum selling caps like this (I think)...

ok, that plate is only in US cars, 90-92 models and has an orange light behind it that trips at 1/8 tank of fuel.

I havent been able to obtain a good up close or lit up pic, but will search for it.

Interesting :)

However in answer to the original question, no UK Corrados came with a fuel light. Active spoilers and trip computers came as standard, but useful things like a bloody fuel light or warning buzzer for lights left on were obviously too much hassle! :lol:

I have the low fuel light in my clock cluster... but its from a passat tdi as i'm running a AHU tdi engine :lol:

Fell afoul of the lack of a headlight warning light so many times.. I tell myself it's why I always look at my Corrado a few times as I walk away from it.. checking the lights aren't left on. Honest.

its sad the lack of useful features even my mates 62 beetle has a lights on warning buzzer :( however im not sure that was std :lol:

If I remember correctly there was a "How To" on the CCGB site showing how to fit a lights on buzzer. If not there it was the CC of America.

If I remember correctly there was a "How To" on the CCGB site showing how to fit a lights on buzzer. If not there it was the CC of America.

we have the tone for the door chime that lets us know if our lights are on, so no write up for US guys cause it was standard.

Really you guys have no warning tone for lights either? wow.

It's because the light are so cr*p you don't actually know if they are on or off anyway.

we have the tone for the door chime that lets us know if our lights are on, so no write up for US guys cause it was standard.

Really you guys have no warning tone for lights either? wow.

I've never seen a low fuel light on a US spec 'rado. But AFAIK the relay buzzer fits stright into socket 9 on the fusebox. I'm still trying to find out whether Relay 36 will do that job (it fits into MK3s in the same place), but it looks like I'll have to try it anyway.

If someone does know of a low fuel warning, can you point me to the page on Bentley. We might be able to rig up an equivalent given that there is at least one unused spot on the dash (next to the fog lights) on the late models.

Yep, fuel warning would be nice - it's not that any of this stuff is really essential, but just should have been standard on a high end car.

I've looked into the Relay 36 buzzer thing myself - it's not straightforward, holder 9 is the right one, but you will need to run some wires to make it work. I've seen it donw on a few German forums for Corrados and Mk2 Golfs as well, and have a link to a write up - If I have time I'll dig it up and post it (maybe even translate).

They recommend using a 2 pole door switch from a Passat - and this has the advantage of the buzzer not going off when the passenger door is open, or the courtesy light is on.