Sign in to follow this  
mambomonkey

Twin inlets

Thinking of rigging up twin inlets on my nu car using flexi hose on other side of charger with boost return system etc removed. Has anyone got any pictures of a twin filter setup or had any experience with it? - Would love to know what that sounds like on full song...

Have a word with John (16VG60) He's running twin inlets on his 16V G60 and it sound sweet! (Goes like stink too! :wink: )

i was thinking of cutting the boost return pipe, pointing it down towards the side of the rad, and putting a cone filter on it.

Does anyone have a replacement part of the stupid plastic pipe between the air box and charger?

Yup, you did... HERE 8)

Just so you don't think that you're going any more insane than you already may be! :wink:

thank god for that .. lol . but the way to do this mod properly you will need to drop your rad down...

What is a twin inlet?

K

The G60 supercharger has 2 sides to the inlet on it. One is attached to the airbox, the other is linked to a boost return pipe from the factory so that you don't get the dump valve noise all the time unless you're on full throttle. A twin inlet is where you remove the boost return pipe, and attach on another air intake and filter to it instead. 8)

What is a twin inlet?

K

The G60 supercharger has 2 sides to the inlet on it. One is attached to the airbox, the other is linked to a boost return pipe from the factory so that you don't get the dump valve noise all the time unless you're on full throttle. A twin inlet is where you remove the boost return pipe, and attach on another air intake and filter to it instead. 8)

Ah....nice one :lol: Thanks Henny....

Do you know what? I'm starting to think I should have gone for a G60 now.....the VR is nice enough but there's just bugger all you can do to it cost effectively :? I miss forced induction...... oh well, maybe when finances improve I'll consider a turbo!

K

As Henny has allready announced i do indeed run twin air inlets on my charger. The game here being to maximise the intake air potential, essential when seeking greater Bhp output. In order to achieve a second air intake worthy of the task in hand, i needed to create sufficient space to install a second custom built air box. This entailed making bracketry to allow the radiator to be dropped level with the base of the headlights, opening the front grille area for this mod. I would add at this point i do run an RS2 front front bumper which also houses an RS2 Intercooler. I then designed an airbox around the K&N MK1 Golf GTI panel filter. This filter was later adapted to accomodate the boost return pipe from the throttle body ( the continual hissing of dumped air was not bearable). The objective was achieved by this mod, but as to what it sounds like i can not tell you. The additional intake of air is overidden by the S5 charger wailing, the toothed belt whine and all 16 valves of G60 propelled Corrado belting out it's unique roar.

That is one big intake plenum! That must be 4 inches across!

95mm to be exact. I have seen the porting inside the charger done by ORZ-Motorsport, and I must say it is wonderful......