OSV

Rear axle adjustment plates, look!

Just seen this post on Edition 38 and copied it across, the rear axle plates sound a great idea! Any thoughts?

masontech.jpg

OK so I know they were available before if you shipped them over yourself, But you can now take the stress out of wondering what the exchange rate will be and if the friendly man from UPS will hand you a nice customs charge when he knocks at your door with your box of goodies as We are pleased to announce that we are now the only UK distributor of Mason-tech products.

For those of you that haven’t heard of Mason-Tech there a really fresh company based in the USA manufacturing some amazing Chassis components to allow adjustment to correct miss alignment of rear beams etc. They also produce their own “crack” Pipes for the 6cyl range and the most impressive products in there range are there own bespoke Air Ride systems…

company info see here – Mason-tech

As an opening offer we are going to run a group buy on a few of there parts we will hold this offer open until the end of November to allow delivery in the 2nd week of December. What better stocking filler could there be?

The products we will be offering in the group buy with pricing as follows,

greatplatesmk4_fu.gif

GREAT PLATES These take care of the age old problem found on VW’s mk2, mk3, mk4 and Corrado models. When lowering the rear of the car with an aftermarket suspension, the rear trailing arms begin to swing toward the front of the car pushing the rear tires into the front area of the wheel opening. When this happens, tire clearance is severely reduced.

GREAT PLATES sandwich between the front trailing arm mounting brackets and the body to relocate the entire axle approximately 13mm rearward. Installation is very simple and can be completed in the garage or driveway with a jack, jack stands and a few hand tools in under an hour.

Each kit includes pair of GREAT PLATES (L & R) and new Grade-8 hardware!

MK4 – Retail £87.25

1-5 sets: £75.49

6-10 sets: £63.49

11-20 sets: £55.49

21+ sets: £47.49

MK2,3, Corrado – Retail £79.32

1-5sets: £67.49

6-10 sets: £55.49

11-20 sets: £47.49

crakpipemod_ex.gif

21+ sets: £39.99Billet Crakpipes

12v or 24v – Retail £46.81

1-5 : £39.99

6-10: £34.99

11-20: £31.49

21+: £27.49

Shipping will be a flat rate of £6.50 on all products to any UK Mainland Address.

Will will be holding stock of as much of the Mason-Tech product range as possible in the new year. If there is something you would like in the mean time please don’t hesitate to drop us a line to the usual address or telephone number as we are really excited about our new relationship and working with Mason-tech

NOTE – Please register any interest either by adding your name to our thread or via email to [email protected]

You have to be really low to benefit from these as at a moderate drop they will push the wheel too far back in the arch. If you are low enough then you have to be equally low or even lower at the front which won't be easy or may not possible.

Don't float my boat TBH. Grade 8 bolts are not strong enough for suspension components IIRC, and it looks a pretty thin bit of plate to be hanging the rear axle off.

How do they fit? Do they bolt to the rear axle mounting points then the rear axle bolts to them, or are they offset spacers for the stub axles?

Crack pipe looks good, and competatively priced compared to the Gruvenparts unit a lot of us have.

Don't float my boat TBH. Grade 8 bolts are not strong enough for suspension components IIRC, and it looks a pretty thin bit of plate to be hanging the rear axle off.

How do they fit? Do they bolt to the rear axle mounting points then the rear axle bolts to them, or are they offset spacers for the stub axles?

Crack pipe looks good, and competatively priced compared to the Gruvenparts unit a lot of us have.

For referance the plates are 6mm thick which is 3.5mm thicker than the plates that hold your rear beam to the chassis. I think the picture is deceiving?

Zak is correct they are only a benifit when running low but this problem seem far more aparent on some cars not others.. Anyone remember Jeroens Corrado back in the day ? He ran this set up when on 17"s and he wasn't seeing any issues with ride height

Cheers for looking though guys and if you have anymore questions please let me know

D.

Darren I would be prepared to fit a set of these to my car so people can see how well they work.

Depending how many people thought my stance was perfect I would charge you as follows:

1-5 People: £47.49

6-10 People: £55.49

11-20 People: £67.49

Thanks,

Baz.

Neat idea and definitely a benefit. Mine's not very low and it looks like that /\ aswell. The main problem is catching the arch over bumps as James said, because the wheel isn't central.

I'll be up for a set :D

For referance the plates are 6mm thick which is 3.5mm thicker than the plates that hold your rear beam to the chassis. I think the picture is deceiving?

Fair enough Darren. What are the plates made of? Do the new bolts screw into the plate so you have 6mm of thread essentially?

I'm not trying to be a pain in the arse, I'm just interested in the engineering of them.

Hi there ive droped my rado as low as i can on 17inc rims and now the wheel is sitting forward and im getting a scrubbing on the arch will these help i dont want any more neg camber as ive got a camber kit allready any info would be great many thanks adam

Anybody can explain in a normal language how the plates works, sorry but can't understand it so far.

As you lower the car the wheel swings forward in the arch, these move the wheel further back in the arch by moving the axle mounting point. so that on a lowered car the wheel will be centred. The car must be lowered for them to work

As you lower the car the wheel swings forward in the arch, these move the wheel further back in the arch by moving the axle mounting point. so that on a lowered car the wheel will be centred. The car must be lowered for them to work

THX. To be honest never notice that, had a few lowered corrado, will have a closer look today how my wheel looks in the arch.

Any excuse to show Zaks stunning car, to help demonstrate how wheel moves in arch when lowered

IMG_9343.jpg

does anyone have a drawing of these, or a sample they could send me temporarily for measurement purposes, as we might look to get these made up?

Hi

i'm already in the process of having these and the front lower arm/balljoint to hub spacers made (helps put the front lower arm back to level on lowered cars).

Once i have a price, i will let you guys know.

Thanks rod

Hi

the plates will be high lazer plate,with high tensile bolts.

Finish will be black paint.