Sign in to follow this  
foggy

is my C a Storm??!

Boys and girls...

I just wondered if anyone out there could find out if my 'rado is a normal VR or infact a Storm?

The reg no is M159 LYF for info.. any help much appreicated.

Whats the top speed in reverse?

Aye, good point... the Storm has the 2 reverse gears... Errr doesn't it?

Absolute class!!!

Mental note.......

Try not to ask a silly question if sarcastic members on line.....

Feel sorry for him now, bless him. He had better put up some more info before he gets ripped apart... ha ha ha :D

Not very helpful.. you askled some howlers at first too Corsa... :nono:

To Foggy, please provide us with some specs like paint and leather colours...

in Essence the Storms were a "Limited run" VR6 the only real world difference is the paint and leather options, wheels, oh and a couple of badges! :norty:

Now goes to hide in his "Storm cellar"! :lol:

If you ring VW Heritage or VW customer services they will be able to confirm if it's a Storm or not.

stop being so sensible, we need more sarcasm before giving out usefull info.

in your previous posts you state its a 1994 vr6, i may be wrong but i thought storms were 1996 maybe 1995 too

Yip, if it's a 94 it's not a Storm.

Not very helpful.. you askled some howlers at first too Corsa... :nono:

i always try to follow up a sarcastic answer with a useful one :grin:

its classic green i think... with cream leather!

i saw a storm for sale and the colour and interior was spot on the same. however it has the speedlines and no Storm badges! but these could have been changed/removed?

sorry guys, this is my first C.. glad you got a cheap laugh from my lack of knowledge, anoraks!

heres another question im sure the geeks will have a dig at.. were all corrado VR's a 2.9 as apposed to the golf's 2.8?

i saw a storm for sale and the colour and interior was spot on the same. however it has the speedlines and no Storm badges! but these could have been changed/removed?

sorry guys, this is my first C.. glad you got a cheap laugh from my lack of knowledge, anoraks!

heres another question im sure the geeks will have a dig at.. were all corrado VR's a 2.9 as apposed to the golf's 2.8?

Firstly we all take the p*ss mercilessly out of all of us so it aint just you....

Welcome to the forum in style there though.

1./ It is unlikely that ANYONE would remove Storm badges as the Storm is seen as a premium motor even though it is really "just " a VR6 with specific colours (leather and paint), wheels and badges... Not faster (in EITHER direction!!).

2./ It is unlikely that a 94 would be a Storm as they were a "special" in the last year of the Corrado (95...Some 96 possibly).

3./ ALL VR6 Corrados are 2.9

Foggy, as you stay on here you'll understand this is a question that's asked all the time... and the arguement about Storms being "re-Badged VR's" :lol:

Cream Leather was an option... so while Rare, it's not "Strom" spec per say...

All VR's were 2.9 unless it's an american one! ;)

it does help to give lots of info.....if only to avoid the funnies lol

dragon green & cream leather match the storm but without badges [1 on rear & 1 by the gear stick trim] & if the speedlines were original then i doubt it is, storms came with the solitudes i think

UK spec rado VR6's were 2.9 ABV but the US used the 2.8 AAA lump....i believe :)

even if it aint a storm why worry :clap: there is no technical specification difference.....just badges really

incoming on the ever lasting storm debate ha ha ha

it does help to give lots of info.....if only to avoid the funnies lol

dragon green & cream leather match the storm but without badges [1 on rear & 1 by the gear stick trim] & if the speedlines were original then i doubt it is, storms came with the solitudes i think

UK spec rado VR6's were 2.9 ABV but the US used the 2.8 AAA lump....i believe :)

even if it aint a storm why worry :clap: there is no technical specification difference.....just badges really

incoming on the ever lasting storm debate ha ha ha

If that bothered get the wheels right (as above Solitudes I think) and then buy 2 badges for pennies and you pretty much have a Storm anyway...

If that bothered get the wheels right (as above Solitudes I think) and then buy 2 badges for pennies and you pretty much have a Storm anyway...

Have you seen the price of Storm badges????

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Have you seen the price of Storm badges????

fair point... For a few quid you can have a storm then rather than pennies...

You should be no more excited about having a Storm than you should be about having a mk5 Golf Match. It's just a badge they stick on to shift the last few cars.

5vyo7b.jpg

You should be no more excited about having a Storm than you should be about having a mk5 Golf Match. It's just a badge they stick on to shift the last few cars.

5vyo7b.jpg

Slightly overkeen with the smiley there.... Or is it simply a REALLY BIG statement?