Sign in to follow this  
VRSICK

Corrado VR6 or Audi 80 Cabriolet???

Just wanted your guys opinion...?

I currently own a Midnight Blue Corrado VR6 with 97k on the clock with Full service history and im loving it so far!!! :D Iv had it about 7 months HOWEVER......now Iv got my eye on a 2.8/2.6 Audi 80 Carbriolet :scratch:

Would it be a bad move??

I wish i could have 2 cars :wink: lol

Cheers!

I'd have to say Corrado. I like the Audi 80 cabriolet and especially the coupe. But im not a fan of cabs in this country, kind of pointless, dont get enough sun to justify them imo

This is the CORRADO forum mate :? .........so i'd say 100%

Get the audi, get the roof down...........and wish you still had your corrado :lol:

Such totally different cars that only you can answer the question.

The Audi is built like a tank, my OH had 12 very happy months in a lovely 2.6 Cabriolet - performance was leisurely to say the least but very smooth, the handling was more akin to an oil tanker than a Corrado. Intrinsically such a wobbly structure that no amount of suspension work would ever resolve the handling, performance mods also very limited.

If you want a classy, four seat convertible that will last forever and you have no real interest in driving pleasure then it would be a good buy

Mrs 4eyes is on her third 3 series convertible - she loves it a few days per year, tolerates it most of the time and hates it a fair few times. Then she sells it for something "more practical" like a Leon / Golf / Astra then starts to hanker for the rag top again. I find them very nice to drive - the straight 6 is a lovely engine and the latest one which has the M Sport pack drives very well BUT it is a bit of a middle aged womans car (that is what she is) where as the corrado is REALLY special EVERY time you drive it. The Beamer can be driven in a sedate manner most of the time. The Corrado HAS to be pushed because it is so much more fun when you do.

I know we are talking Audi not Beamer here but I guess the feel is the same. Especially with an older convertible when they hadn't really got the idea of stiffening them properly.

If you want something to drive that looks nice and drives ok then the convertible wil be fine BUT many people will think you are a :censored: because that is what jealous people do.

If you want something that drives really well and looks good and gets a lot of positive attention then it is the Corrado.

(I believe I should finish this with IMHO)