robrado974

Robrado's rado she is staying

I was able to get into my mates garage today and sort out the small rust patch on the top of the door , under the rubber . I went over it with grinding stone and then a wire wheel . I then applied Jenolite as per the instructions. I’ve left it with the primer on to dry and will pop back in the evenings to apply the colour.

964a549db4599388e420ec3cace99e2f.jpg

3698c05631fb73cac187c58542b50108.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acc082405966a01b3cc01823b1e70cdb.jpg

Next up will be the interior. Still not happy with it really . The leather is looking a bit grubby in places , still looking nice , perhaps I’m being a bit picky ?. I’m still undecided on the new carpet, I don’t go a bundle on the join to be honest, so I may well be on the lookout for an OEM carpet and chuck the new one . I may well get some help in with the door rod plastics that join the rods, they seem to tight and twisted to me , the pins come up at a funny angle . Other than that it’s the usual little rattles from the front speakers and the like . The sun roof rattles over bumps too which drives me nuts . I also need to have a look and just check the wax oil on the underside it was very difficult to get to it when the car is on axel stands on the drive .

Next up will be the interior. Still not happy with it really . The leather is looking a bit grubby in places , still looking nice , perhaps I’m being a bit picky ?. I’m still undecided on the new carpet, I don’t go a bundle on the join to be honest, so I may well be on the lookout for an OEM carpet and chuck the new one . I may well get some help in with the door rod plastics that join the rods, they seem to tight and twisted to me , the pins come up at a funny angle . Other than that it’s the usual little rattles from the front speakers and the like . The sun roof rattles over bumps too which drives me nuts . I also need to have a look and just check the wax oil on the underside it was very difficult to get to it when the car is on axel stands on the drive .

Mate, you can never be too picky! It's the little things that make the whole car that bit better

Mate, you can never be too picky! It's the little things that make the whole car that bit better

I know Gaz . If I can use my mates garage I can get stuff done . It’s not much fun on a drive way with no where to put all the parts .

I know Gaz . If I can use my mates garage I can get stuff done . It’s not much fun on a drive way with no where to put all the parts .

It's certainly not fun this time of year. Maybe save some of the axle standy stuff till it warms up abit

Nice one Rob! Good you're taking this lot before it's too late. Wish I had the time and inclination to start on my car again!

It's certainly not fun this time of year. Maybe save some of the axle standy stuff till it warms up abit

Still not much good mate . I need a lift really . That way you can get to everything

Nice one Rob! Good you're taking this lot before it's too late. Wish I had the time and inclination to start on my car again!

Times always a factor mate . If I had a spare 1200 nicker I would by a portable lift . I thought you were nearly there Sean ?.

House will be taking priority for a while mate. I will get back to it, but in all likelihood it won't see the road again for another year. I could probably put the brake lines on and get it legal, but I'd only have to go back over some things that aren't quite finished after anyway.

House will be taking priority for a while mate. I will get back to it, but in all likelihood it won't see the road again for another year. I could probably put the brake lines on and get it legal, but I'd only have to go back over some things that aren't quite finished after anyway.

I know what you mean I’ve got loads to do in our house . No point putting stuff back on , only to have to remove it as it’s in the way .

Still not much good mate . I need a lift really . That way you can get to everything

I know what you're saying mate. What about a set of small drive up ramps? I used to use a set and they were good for getting under rear end. Safer than axle stands providing you don't need the wheels off.

I know what you're saying mate. What about a set of small drive up ramps? I used to use a set and they were good for getting under rear end. Safer than axle stands providing you don't need the wheels off.

I have a set of those

14fe762685422107f604597c7c5486da.jpg

Very pleased with the outcome really . Obviously you can see the difference where the paint doesn’t match , but as you know , it’s not seen at all , it’s hidden under the rubber seal . The rust has gone and that’s what matters .

I have the inside of the seal a good clean up as well . There was evidence of a sealant on the rubber , not sure if this is done at the factory or not ?.

Edited by robrado974

A little update. Many thanks to Ian (Culshaw) who sent me the CDA filter . I also fitted the windscreen wiper motor cover from the Passat. And I also managed to get hold of a set of Corrado gauges to fit in the consul, very happy about that

b9e5d2996b7aa0bacbfb5e83eec91cb5.jpg

9d3e523320a0ca1f621b59acfc95f3bd.jpg

05775c824c88911d2397f29ec12b0c49.jpg

As you can see from the last pic , I’ve used the bracket from when the last owner fitted a KnN filter, which supports the CDA very well .

Please excuse the state of the car . It’s been a while since I’ve had a chance to wash it and wipe over the bay .

Looks good Rob. Have you had a chance to go for a blast with the BMC fitted yet?

I wouldn't go back to a standard airbox in my ownership after having one fitted. Sound amazing!

I had a quick run this evening. I got home and the connecting pipe had been delivered, I was straight outside and got it fitted. Not sure if it’s louder than the KnN ?, it does sound different. I probably need a longer run with a bit more time .

Test it on a quiet duel carriageway. Get to about 40 in second gear and hold it there for a few seconds. You can almost hear the anticipation in the engine and its pretty quiet, then just plant your right foot and it screams! Sound phenomenal!

Test it on a quiet duel carriageway. Get to about 40 in second gear and hold it there for a few seconds. You can almost hear the anticipation in the engine and its pretty quiet, then just plant your right foot and it screams! Sound phenomenal!

. Looking forward to a good blast mate

. Looking forward to a good blast mate

I think I need to go this test drive Rob!

Any time Matt . Sorry I haven’t replied to watsapp been busy and I keep forgetting, old age . Not sure if it sounds much different to the KnN ?, people obviously notice it more when going from a standard box to a BMC .

Only a small update. I am awaiting my tax rebate at the moment. We’ve been doing a lot to the house and three weeks off at Xmas set me back quite a bit . As soon as I get my rebate the VR can go in for an Mot ,new radiator and the right wishbones. While it’s at my friendly mechanics garage I can access the under seal I could not get to when it was jacked up on the drive , it’s only minor stuff but I want it tip top . I feel a bit of a plank fitting the wishbones and not checking them beforehand!, luckily it’s the drivers side which is wrong and not the passenger side , otherwise the brand new sump will have to be removed. It’s a real pain having no MOT, all this lovely weather and I can’t drive it . I’ve just ordered some Gtechniq for the exterior plastics , she needs a good clean up , sat on the drive covered in dirt and spider webs.

The car is being picked up tomorrow for the few jobs that need doing, then an MOT, during the week . I had to get it picked up as I now have two discs out of line in my back , I’m not risking pulling my back and making it worse getting out of a low ish car .

Showing your age now Rob! haha.

Good luck with the MOT, I'm sure it'll fly through but its always a little bit of an anxious wait!

:thumbleft:

Lol Sean . To be honest I am getting on a bit . I’m seriously preying that I don’t have to go to hospital to get my back sorted. I’ve never felt pain like it , nearly hit the roof in the early hours of Wednesday morning.