jazzdevil

The all-purpose F1 thread...

I was laughing at Vettel. The number of mistakes he made was unbelievable, certainly not WDC material. Im glad Webber has extended the gap to Vettel.

Roll on Monza! :D

mistakes think he thinks its a demolition derby :D

have to admitt it was a good race

i was sayin to a friend a couple of months ago, about if the race stuards had control of the sprinkler systems when the race gets boring they could wet the track just to liven it up abit :lol:

I read somewhere on either the BBC or Formula1.com site before the season started that there was an idea in the pipe line to introduce sprinkler system for races. I kid you not. Sure it would make the races more exciting, but its all a little artificial for me.

Was away at the weekend so watched Quali last night when I got back and just finished watching the race.

I do love a bit of rain in F1 :lol:

I know Vettel is involved in more than the lions share of "incidents" but I think the one involving Button was a bit unfair, it came as unexpected to Seb as it did to Jensen I think. Reubens "300 grand Prix" Barichello showed how even the most experienced drivers can make unfortunate and unavoidable mistakes, the fact Vettel took a Championship contender out of the race, from 2nd position, is what made it seem worse... but lets not forget he wrote off his race as a result of that too

Brilliant race. I love the Spa GP.

+1. This was my first live race - had a great seat at Eau Rouge. Can't believe I waited this long to get to my first race. Already thinking about where I should go in 2011.

I was laughing at Vettel. The number of mistakes he made was unbelievable, certainly not WDC material. Im glad Webber has extended the gap to Vettel.

Roll on Monza! :D

mistakes think he thinks its a demolition derby :D

have to admitt it was a good race

i was sayin to a friend a couple of months ago, about if the race stuards had control of the sprinkler systems when the race gets boring they could wet the track just to liven it up abit :lol:

I read somewhere on either the BBC or Formula1.com site before the season started that there was an idea in the pipe line to introduce sprinkler system for races. I kid you not. Sure it would make the races more exciting, but its all a little artificial for me.[/quote:24fb6y4w]

copyright :D :lol:

it wouldnt ever be allowed to happen i dont think the health and safety jocks would have it, adding water to a track where drivers can do over 200mph no chance, they only just allow it when its an act of nature, but it would liven things up :lol: but maybe they should have a track a year that is a wet only track like you have the singapore night time race they should have a wet track race, o wait thats the GB one anyway :lol:

and as for vettel, hes just not that good, hes good when hes at the front blastin in the fastest car out there big woop, but put him in the middle of the field and well he just doesnt do anything and then just has to many little accidents because he carnt pass, redbull should have backed webber he is a better driver

Good quali today, bar Alonso getting pole (booooo!). Jenson did well, shame Lewis didnt get higher then 5th but he should pull it back in the race :D Good to see Webber beat Vettel though :D

Should be a good race tomorrow

Yeh little gutted for Lewis but it will be interesting to compare the 2 Mclaren's to see how much difference the f Duct really makes over race distance.

I'm hoping Alonso gets piledrived in the first corner, probably by vettel :D

All set for a cracking race tomorrow - I forsee a close Button-Hamilton tussle at some stage but lets hope both stay on the track. Alonso will win to keep the tifosi happy.

yeah my money is on Alonso but I'm looking forward to Lewis making his way through if he can make it past the first corner !!

yeah my money is on Alonso but I'm looking forward to Lewis making his way through if he can make it past the first corner !!

my god you must be a fortune teller or something! lol

good race, Webber had some fun at the back towards the end :)

Not a bad race, gutted for Lewis but at least he has matured enough now to hold his hands up to it being is error.

At least with Webber finishing so far back, it hasnt damaged his title hopes too much

Gutted for Hamilton, although it was his own fault...

Gutted for Jensen that he couldn't stay out in front...

Gutted for Massa that he didn't nail that greasy Spaniard in the first corner...

Gutted for Webber that Hulkenburg didn't get the drive-thru penalty he deserved...

Gutted that Alonso won... I'd have been a million times happier with a Ferrari 1-2 with Button 3rd as long as Massa beat Alonso. I just plain don't like him. Never have, never will do... the whole Alonso-Hamilton thing just further cemented my hatred of him into my mind

my god you must be a fortune teller or something! lol

good race, Webber had some fun at the back towards the end :)[/quote:173d6edt]

:wink: ..... :lol:

Shame Jensen couldnt do it in the end, but good race thats just opened up the championship again :clap:

Really enjoyed this season, it seems to be flying by !!

NOOOOOOOOO im so pissed what was Hamilton doing another DNF :confused4:

Would've liked to see Vettel have a pop at Alonso, oh well maybe next time.

Gutted for Hamilton. But was a genuine racing incident neither Webbers or Hamilton's fault imo. Shame really. He's not making it easy or himself.

I'd like Hamilton to take the Championship but i dont think he'll do it now. SO i'd like Webber to win it, i hope he can step up his game and snatch it from under the nose of Alonso. Would even go as far to say i'd like Vettel to win it over Alonso.

Another 2 week wait for the next race BOOO!!!!!!

I know I should want a British driver to win the championship, but both Button and Hamilton have won before, and I'm sure they'll win again.

I want Webber to get it this season, I think he deserves it more than anyone... and he lives in England so I guess he's the next best thing.

I wanted Vettel to crash into Alonso and ruin that greasy spaniard's race with a DNF, then for Vettel to just about crawl home in 2nd/3rd/4th behind Webber and perhaps the 2 McLarens.

I'd much rather Massa was the no.1 Ferrari driver than Alonso, and in fact, next season I hope there's another blatant team orders thing, except this time they DQ alonso from the championship meaning Massa is their only championship driver

i think next year kubica will be at ferarri if renault cant keep hold; was on my feet cheering as hamilton spat his dummy and the steering wheel! out the cot, would have loved to see jenson on consecutive podiums but two hamilton dnf's fine by me

I'd love to see Jenson take the title again this year and i've got a feeling it could be his last decent chance at another title.

Failing that i'd also rather see Webber take it rather than Vettel or Alonso!!

Nah Button just does have what it takes. haha! Sorry but he's not a bad driver but nothing special imo.

Im with you Ben, i wanted Vettel to catch Alonso and take him out trying to pull a crazy move on him :lol:

Im glad the whole championship is still up for grabs for so many of the drivers.

On the whole Hamilton Webber ting, totally agree that it was a racing incident and both parties were at fault. But here's a thought. . .

Hamilton didn't have the line and shouldn't have assumed he was clear to take the corner apex (or near to) especially considering the championship race and the likelihood of Webber yielding to him.

But at the same time Webber didn't yield and stubbornly defended the corner to the point of making contact therefore being involved in creating a racing incident. Now you can take Brundel's comment about him not really being able to stop but I personally don't really see that.

So, it's totally 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. But Hamilton paid for his decision with a fooked car and Webber drives on and its just a 'racing incident'. I kinda feel like in those situations a contributor to the incident should also get a little slapped wrist, maybe just a drive through ;)

Just something I was thinking about after the race - probably would make F1 less interesting and probably spawned from a fierce dislike for Webber but I thought I would put it out there.

PS - I thought the track was a bit poo too. Seems like more of an F1 novelty than a good track. That being said a track that increases the likelihood of a shunt every overtake does appeal to the sadist in me! We all like an F1 prang. . . don't deny it!

I think its Webbers time to take the Championship and i'd like to see him win after Hamilton of course,

I wanted Vettel to crash into Alonso and ruin that greasy spaniard's race with a DNF, then for Vettel to just about crawl home in 2nd/3rd/4th behind Webber and perhaps the 2 McLarens.

LOL that would be quality!

Jensons abit of a sneaky one, he likes to win with strategies and that sneaky little stunt he pulled in Turkey. I dont think he's all that either.

I want Webber to get it this season, I think he deserves it more than anyone... and he lives in England so I guess he's the next best thing.

That's actually more that either Button (Monaco) or Hamilton (Switzerland) when you think about it.

Hamilton didn't have the line and shouldn't have assumed he was clear to take the corner apex (or near to) especially considering the championship race and the likelihood of Webber yielding to him.

But at the same time Webber didn't yield and stubbornly defended the corner to the point of making contact therefore being involved in creating a racing incident. Now you can take Brundel's comment about him not really being able to stop but I personally don't really see that.

the obvious irony with it all is that Lewis tried to come from behind at Monza and Massa's rear wheel did for his front suspension, so when it comes to Singapore and he tries the Massa tactic of cutting Webber off in a closing corner, then his rear suspension breaks against the front wheel of Webbers car. You have to feel for him in that situation, although given that its basically his last chance, I would still like Webber to win even above Jenson/Lewis.

A Track that has no run off - in my mind is hardly poo.

No second chances, even the kerbs where too high if you caught them wrong.

It requires great skill and full concentration for the whole race length and being a night race they also get glare and reduced visibilty.

I think it shows the men from the boys - or skilled from the less skilled.

Its Button for me, as I believe he is the best driver in F1, with Webber second and Vettel third.

Hamilton is showing his lack of experience and a growing arrogence in my mind.

Back to work !!!!

See ive never understood it when people call Hamilton arrogance... or am i being completely blind to it. He comes across as confident not arrogant at all?? hmmm....

But even without Hamilton in F1 i still wouldnt put Button as being the best, id say Alonso. Sorry but Button isnt THAT good. imo of course.

Hamilton is showing his lack of experience and a growing arrogence in my mind.

I think that sums Vettel up more than Hamilton.

What were the chances of the petrol tanks exploding on that lotus, i thought any second now it'll go BOOM!