James.

Scotts of Sloane Square Campaign

Just dawned on me that you have a early interior.......I take it all the campaigns are like this with late exterior ?

I've got a handbrake handle with a wood insert that you may like to complement the wheel? I was thinking of getting a matching wheel myself but never got round to it.

Just wondering if its possible to change the heater contrls to the round ones as this would really improve the interior?

Trying to keep the car as original as possible, but thanks for the offer. I feel guilty daring to put a non standard steering wheel on !

I agree that the later controls are easier on the eye but that's what VW intended so that's how it's staying (as long as it's in my ownership !).

I've got a handbrake handle with a wood insert that you may like to complement the wheel? I was thinking of getting a matching wheel myself but never got round to it.

Just wondering if its possible to change the heater contrls to the round ones as this would really improve the interior?

Trying to keep the car as original as possible, but thanks for the offer. I feel guilty daring to put a non standard steering wheel on !

I agree that the later controls are easier on the eye but that's what VW intended so that's how it's staying (as long as it's in my ownership !).

whats happening next mate...? what shows are you attending this year..?

whats happening next mate...? what shows are you attending this year..?[/quote:6x7o40es]

The cars taken a bit of a back seat recently as I've had a lot going on but hopefully should be able to start cleaning the engine bay in the next week. Hopefully should be able to clean/refurb a few more parts as well (brakes and suspension) but we'll have to wait and see if time allows.

As for shows, I'm not too sure. Mainly due to me being quite new to the show scene and still finding out which ones are my kind of thing. I tend to enjoy the air/water mixed shows mostly. The Harewood house one looks a good one but I'm not too interested in those out and out modified shows. I feel a little out of place at those as I don't own a hoody or glow in the dark trainers. Yet to have a look at show dates so will probably weigh it up closer to the times.

How about you. You earmarked any shows (Can't wait to see your car once the paint's all finished) ?

whats happening next mate...? what shows are you attending this year..?

The cars taken a bit of a back seat recently as I've had a lot going on but hopefully should be able to start cleaning the engine bay in the next week. Hopefully should be able to clean/refurb a few more parts as well (brakes and suspension) but we'll have to wait and see if time allows.

As for shows, I'm not too sure. Mainly due to me being quite new to the show scene and still finding out which ones are my kind of thing. I tend to enjoy the air/water mixed shows mostly. The Harewood house one looks a good one but I'm not too interested in those out and out modified shows. I feel a little out of place at those as I don't own a hoody or glow in the dark trainers. Yet to have a look at show dates so will probably weigh it up closer to the times.

How about you. You earmarked any shows (Can't wait to see your car once the paint's all finished) ?

stanford hall

tatton park

harewood house

bvf

same as you mate more chilled out shows with a good mix of water/air cooled...

stanford hall

tatton park

harewood house

bvf

All great shows for the type you are interested in. Plus there is Stoner in early June down Reading / Henley way if that's not too far for you. (We have passed it by the last few years as time and petrol money have been short).

And don't forget the CCGB National Day though the date and venue are yet to be decided. Talks are underway and it it likely to be South - South West midlands area.

stanford hall

tatton park

harewood house

bvf

All great shows for the type you are interested in. Plus there is Stoner in early June down Reading / Henley way if that's not too far for you. (We have passed it by the last few years as time and petrol money have been short).

And don't forget the CCGB National Day though the date and venue are yet to be decided. Talks are underway and it it likely to be South - South West midlands area.

i want to go to stoner this year , spent most of my youth in reading , henley , but want the c to be finished to enter the show , also living in the southwest now would be great to go to ccgb show ,midlands not very far from me .

stanford hall

tatton park

harewood house

bvf

The national day goes without saying, as I was upset not to attend this year due to a poorly car.

Reading Is do-able but I usually draw the line at about a two hour drive. It's all down to that commodity I have little of...

...Time

Good to hear you are keeping the sliding controls, they are way more reliable than the rotary ones in the long term as well.

BVF is always a good show (long weekend camping next to car) and tends to be more relaxed than the day shows as you get plenty of time to look around. Be good to have a campaign on the stand although a few folks wont know what it is!

Good to hear you are keeping the sliding controls, they are way more reliable than the rotary ones in the long term as well.

BVF is always a good show (long weekend camping next to car) and tends to be more relaxed than the day shows as you get plenty of time to look around. Be good to have a campaign on the stand although a few folks wont know what it is!

To be honest I was just thinking out loud when I mentioned the heater controls. There's no way I'd junk the original parts in favour of the later dials. The cables were really stiff when I first got the car, but after a light lubing when the dash was out they're now buttery smooth.

Just had the green light from the board so will be able to attend BVF (subject to spaces).

Don't mind people not knowing what it is. I know what it is and to be fair, a Corrado is somewhat of a rarity in these parts anyway. Just means it's an insurance group lower than a Storm ! :lol:

Started the engine and bay strip down yesterday. Got right stuck in and thankfully all the bolts came off in one piece. Though some naughty person has put a raft of almost rounded bolts back in the manifold at some point :nono:

P1040423.JPG

It was nice to spend a couple of days alone in the garage. With only myself, the odd brew and a clutch of LPs for company. Took my time and have really enjoyed it (thus far).

Couldn't help but have a peek at the inner workings.

P1040456.JPG

P1040432.JPG

A new rad support is needed methinks !

P1040438.JPG

I knew that the US cars were made in Mexico but didn't know that some of the European cars parts are from there too (Maybe that can explain the high mileage :lol: ) !

P1040444.JPG

It was with great sadness that I learned of Gerry Raffertys very recent passing. Only the night before he left this world, I told to my partner that his music is not heard often enough.

What more of a tribute than to enjoy his music (repeatedly) doing something I enjoy. Taking things apart and drinking colourful cups of earl grey.

P1040428.JPG

After inspecting the air con parts, it looks like the radiator and condenser are jiggered. Fortunately their not detrimental to the car being road worthy, so can put these on the back burner whilst I tackle all the other duties.

And there's many...

Edited by James.

Spot on mate, its gonna look great when its done... hope you`ve taken lots of photos...lol

Spot on mate, its gonna look great when its done... hope you`ve taken lots of photos...lol

Thanks Andy

I've felt like David Bailey today with all the shots I've taken.

Fingers crossed with the result. I'm going to take my time to get it right though.

Great updates as always. I heard that some of the Mexico cars suffered from poor bodywork treatments. I hope you don't find anything unexpected lurking!

Prodigal's G60 is Hecha in Mexico too, although a check of my VIN shows a Wolfsburg origin.

Great updates as always. I heard that some of the Mexico cars suffered from poor bodywork treatments. I hope you don't find anything unexpected lurking!

Prodigal's G60 is Hecha in Mexico too, although a check of my VIN shows a Wolfsburg origin.

please tell me that you know that ALL Corrado's were built in Osnabruck and just because it says "Hecho En Mexico" on a Corrado part doesnt make it built in Mexico,as for the Wolfsburg "origin" of your own motor thats more than likely down to Corrado's being ordered via VW HQ in Wolfsburg

i have a vr6 radiator support mate in good nick, i will get you a pic this weekend if your intrested??

karl

i have a vr6 radiator support mate in good nick, i will get you a pic this weekend if your intrested??

karl

That's very kind of you. Email me the images and I'll give it a look.

Some parts were made elsewhere but ALL Corrado were built at Osnabruck.

Thank's for the info Paul. I read somewhere that Karman had a factory in south America so thought it safe to assume that they produced Corrados there for the markets on that side of the pond :ignore:

Managed removal of the alt, air con, oil, PS pumps, fuel rail and half untangle the box of oily snakes that lived at the bottom of the engine today.

I think tooling up another factory would have seen them go bust years ago :/