James.

Scotts of Sloane Square Campaign

Hope the windscreen turns up soon!

As luck would have it I received a positive phonecall from Autowindscreens this afternoon. They're calling over next week to install it. Result ! :clap:

Looks like things are starting to come together :)

hope all goes well mate .i used the other main company for my windscreen when i had my respray, see general chat today and build thread. not a happy bunny! c looks sweeeet by the way.

Autowindscreens came today and fitted a new screen. Work's taken over at the moment so it's slow progress for the time.

Good man and great dedication to getting back to its former glory. You can tell the Corrado is getting old when people start doing more of the restoration builds than all out stuff.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - it's wonderful to see one of these, rarest of the Corrado's, getting this kind of restoration. I'm thrilled to bits. Can't wait to see it in the metal at some point :)

I've put the effort in over the past few days and got most of the trim fitted and the interior back in.

front carpets.jpg

outside of inside.jpg

Edited by James.

Yes looking good James and hope it passes without issues :wink:

Couple of final shots before she's whisked off for the MOT.

P1030928.JPG

P1030942.JPG

Edited by James.

Good work James, great to see a standard restoration thread :)

Did campaigns have standard steering wheels, I take it the one you have on at the moment wasnt on the original campaign ?

I think they were the standard VR style item but also coloured in the same brick red leather, but dont quote me on that. :grin:

I think they were the standard VR style item but also coloured in the same brick red leather, but dont quote me on that. :grin:

.....Yeah I thought it was something like that as well, but defo dont quote me on that either :) .......James ??

.....Yeah I thought it was something like that as well, but defo dont quote me on that either :) .......James ??

Nothing gets past the keen eyes of forum members does it :lol:

Yes Kip is right. The OE wheel is a standard VR unit trimmed in red leather with one inch mauve bands at the ten to two position.

I've kept the original off for the time being as it's in the middle of being cleaned and don't want to risk marking/damaging it further. I may have it re-trimmed yet (finances permitting) but wheel (ha ha ha, see what I did there) have to wait and see. The wheel fitted is a Momo "Racing line" wheel I've had since I bought my first car. It's quite thin and has a better "feel" than the OE wheel. I plan to keep this on permanently with the exception of when it's going to be around Corrado anoraks ! :notworthy:

This past week in Corrado world has been a productive one:

Removed the thermal fuse from the spoiler motor and bridged it with wire so it goes up and down all the way without cutting out.

Took the car for an MOT and it passed with only a few advisories.

Carefully extracted the sunroof and took it all apart. Stripped the runners and parts from their heavily greased and gritty coats with petrol then washed in hot soapy water. Re-assembled via a light lubrication and the sunroof now works a treat.

Whilst on a roll with the sunroof I adjusetd the door pins and door gaps.

Tyres arrived from Camskills for them to be fitted to my brand new old stock Monte Carlos this week.

New mirror lenses arrived.

New bolts for the slam panel / front wings and various new rubbers.

Received a new Air con switch (From BMW E30 !). Swapped internal parts from one to another and now have cold air just in time for summer.

Resprayed all the roof lining plastic parts black as some of the factory paint had worn off.

I'll bung a picture on this week when the wheels are on.

Took the car for an MOT and it passed with only a few advisories.

Nice one, can't complain about a few advisories and I'm sure they will soon be rectified.

Superb. Can't wait to see this in the metal at some point. Well done on the MOT pass :)

Cheers for the moral support. Was intending to take some pictures when I got home tonight. Decided to take an extended detour as it was such a nice night. As there's no stereo fitted I had my own six pot sound track and my god, after not driving it for nearly eight months and only taxing it last night, sweet lord does it sound and feel amazing. An hour and a half after leaving work (a normal 30 minute journey) and a Ayrton Senna's worth of petty later, I was carried into the house on waves of euphoria, grinning like a Cheshire moggy.

As I said to Dad before when I saw him. This car is the best thing I have ever bought !!! :D

It - is - Fu :censored: ing - epic !

Hi. well done she looks awesome. could I ask what suspension you went for in the end? I remember you were asking about kw suspension kits a while ago. in which I was also interested. Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words.

Haven't bought the suspension yet as that's on the Winter 2010 schedule of jobs (had to draw a line in the sand or else summer would have come and gone without it being driven).

So far I'm looking at the sport suspension package from KW. I emailed KW a while ago and to summarise they said that they were similar in build and comfort as the entry level set of coilies but without the ride height adjustment.

Downside is they're pink :camp: (Something else to be sent to the powder coaters in the off season)

Just looking for a slight drop so as to not to detract from the cars overall original appearance and comfort too much. Maybe there's a suspension package that's better than this for similar money (£400) ? Any suggestions are welcome.

Hi. thanks for reply. I have seen that Weitec and AP also do similar kits in more conservative colours and for different prices and was wondering what the difference in quality was between them? as I had heard all companies were part of the same group and they were manufactured alongside each other. I also don't want coilovers on my VR ,as have those on my 16v, and just wanted an improvement over standard on the VR with subtle drop. we'll have to keep looking. Cheers Vince.

Sorry to go off topic , but did you perhaps take any pics of this procedure?

Removed the thermal fuse from the spoiler motor and bridged it with wire so it goes up and down all the way without cutting out.

Or could you tell me where this might be?, as i have read about this fix but have yet to see the 'thermal fuse' :D

Oh and your corrado is very very nice mate :notworthy: :notworthy: :clap:

Top notch mate.... what shows you planning on going to as i`d love to see this..!!! :notworthy:

Sorry to go off topic , but did you perhaps take any pics of this procedure?

Or could you tell me where this might be?, as i have read about this fix but have yet to see the 'thermal fuse' :D

Oh and your corrado is very very nice mate :notworthy: :notworthy: :clap:

I only thought of doing this when I'd put it all back together (same with the sunroof repair which I'm chuffed with).

Not sure if all Corrado rear spoiler motors are the same but I removed the internals of the motor from its cylindrical housing. Cut off the green fuse (there's only one about the size of a five pence) and bridged it with a piece of insulated wire.

I've been driving the car for the past couple of days and it's worked a treat (so far). Best to just to buy another motor if you're unsure though !