marmite monster

88 miles £20 wtf?? now 120.5 getting better!

i get 99.9MPG acording to my MFA and im sticking to that thankyou very much :grin:

Alex... i think something might be busted in your car...[/quote:95csy36p]

Mate my whole car is busted! :lol:

I agree with Kev my car drives so nice i don't care so much for the fuel economy. It would be different if the car was slow and it drank loads but with the performance i get i'm more than happy :)

This is quite interesting. I am doing a 36 mile round trip all on A roads and I am seeing 350 miles to the tank with some to spare. I have seen the MPG read 36.4 but it is gentle driving. Never ever seen 40+, I reckon I'd have to push it to get that figure :lol: . On average I probably return 28-30mpg. Worst ever was being late for work and I covered the journey on song in third gear for most of it as I was using the torque to get passed everything. My MFA showed 11mpg for that journey :norty: :cuckoo:

Yeh to be fair, the time(s) I ever get 36+ out of it are when Im stuck doin' 40-50 behind a construction lorry or the sort (a lot around Devizes!!)

My average is 32MPG. When I first bought my 'rado Id stick the MFA onto the MPG calculator straight away just to see what I was getting out of it (and Id never had on onboard computer like this before!!). Now when I get into the car I stick it straight onto oil temp so I know when I can give it some beans! :luvlove:

Now when I get into the car I stick it straight onto oil temp so I know when I can give it some beans! :luvlove:

:lol: thats exactly what i do, its annoying at the moment though in the winter, i drive 30 mins home from work and literally as i get home it turns 80 degrees so no playtime on way home from work :(

Now when I get into the car I stick it straight onto oil temp so I know when I can give it some beans! :luvlove:

:lol: thats exactly what i do, its annoying at the moment though in the winter, i drive 30 mins home from work and literally as i get home it turns 80 degrees so no playtime on way home from work :(

:(

My daily commute is 15miles (half hr) journey, my temp's normally upto speed after 10minutes! :D

:(

My daily commute is 15miles (half hr) journey, my temp's normally upto speed after 10minutes! :D[/quote:25tcsbo3]

Same here, takes about 10 mins to get the 2.0 16V up to 80c.

Ian.

I only use 99 ron fuel, either tesco super or shell v-power (now they have moved from 98 to 99 ron)

always fill up £25,mixed journeys always include a blast here & there, and I usually get about 140 ish miles

mfa on my 12 mile home journey from work,which consists of all b roads & a short dual carriageway section, varies from 31 to 35 mpg :)

My best to a tank was 507 miles (then it conked out) which works out to be 33.3 mpg. I always fill up with Shell loopy juice and every time I have manually worked out the MPG and compared it with on board readout, they have been within 0.1 mpg of each other. I normally fill up with £65-£70 of petrol and refill at 425-450 miles, but I do very little in town driving.

It takes a healthy VR6 around 5 minutes to get to 70 deg water temperature this time of year, which is when the lambda control engages.

It's the gauge on the dashboard that takes 10 mins to get up there. It's really bizarrely calibrated.

This is why I do not recommend these lower temp thermostats. They do nothing except keep the engine in warm up mode for longer.

It takes a healthy VR6 around 5 minutes to get to 70 deg water temperature this time of year, which is when the lambda control engages.

It's the gauge on the dashboard that takes 10 mins to get up there. It's really bizarrely calibrated.

This is why I do not recommend these lower temp thermostats. They do nothing except keep the engine in warm up mode for longer.

I really need a pocket kevhaywire for all the info you have, is there an app for you?

i usually wait till 80 degree's oil temp before any heavy footing, perhaps a bit drastic but i really want to treat my car with respect

i got a 16v for daily use 3months ago thinking it would be better on petrol how wrong was i! i get 360 miles to the tank at a cost of 60 notes so after reading how much mpg you guys are getting out of vrs i wished id gone for one of them now!

im seeing around 28-32 mpg out of the vr6 i do a 40 mile round trip a day mostly motorway driving and a bit of b road to get to the motor way

which is not to bad really

i get 27.7 mpg from my bmw 130i

all i can say is i know most of the staff in my local petrol stations quite well as im allways in one of em :lol:

an update for you tryed realy hard not gas it for this £20 worth of fuel lasted 2 days driving at 1500rpm then got bored and drove normal. the result...............90.5 miles thats 2.5 miles better than the last £20 (88miles):( balls.

it is all stop start city driving and work is only 3 miles away so it dont even get warm so im guessing this is prob why im getting rubbish mpg. need a smart car engine in the boot and a switch :D

it is all stop start city driving and work is only 3 miles away so it dont even get warm

There's your answer!!!! Best I've had from my 1.8 valver is 48mpg on an 85 mile run 50:50 A-road/motorway trying not to exceed 50mph with a spacesaver on. :clap:

Usually get 32-34mpg ish - less if no long runs

its has been said before dont mind paying for rubbish mpg when you have that power under you right foot. :D

think im going to get a new air mass meter thing see if we can make things a little better!

yh if you really want mpg use your space saver averaged 45 mpg with 3 people in and a boot full.

i do 70 miles a day to work and back use a tank a week so thats about 380 a tank including weekends

better than what my r32 used to do

one thing i can highly recommend is replacing the lambda/o2 sensor or your corrado, if it hasent been replaced already, i think vw recommend replacment every 5years, as time goes on the o2 sensor becomes lazy , the special chemical properties breakdown through heat and exhaust gases and can give a less acuurate reading to the ecu, i replaced myn and i now have alot better fuel economy, mind you i do have a 2.0 8v corrado and now im getting abetter 35-40 mpg on a good run /motor way mileage. :D :D

have been using the vr over christmass for visiting family and stuff up and down the motorway. got 120 miles with a bit to spare this £20. seems it dont like city driving but i knew that anyway :D

yea, i think its a very thirsty beast when warming up and town driving. just got 400 miles to a tank, was happy with that!

I'm getting between 18 and 20 when driving to work in my VR auto. It's more than a shock when I was getting 45mpg out of my golf diesel. You only live once though :)