Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged Junkie

WooHoo, I got spotted :-D

By the way how much is a speeding fine these days?

Do you mean the fine itself or the total costs involed?

I.e. The increase in insurance if you've got a collection of tickets..... Though from memory if you are lucky your insurance will not load your policy for a SP30. But it's still embarassing to have to admit to points when you get insurance quotes for the next few years.

nothing embarrasing about an sp30 in my opinion

£60 and 3 points i think. but they want to double it!

when i was caught i was doing 39 in a 30 but because it was under 10mph over the limit (if that makes sence) i was able to pay £90 have no points but do a speeding course for a day (which btw had the best buffet ive ever seen :lol:)

(which btw had the best buffet ive ever seen :lol:)

did they nick you for filling your pockets on the way out?!

Its a £60 fine when I got one last a while ago. Generally 3 points will not affect your insurance premium, six points will.

Good to see police resources being put to good use :cuckoo: , it's not like there are any real criminals, murders, rapists, paedos etc etc out there! :censored:

Yeah, Its £60 fine plus 3points and now the govenment want you to pay a £15 victim support surcharge :( because they spend all the money for victims support doing up there house`s :epicfail:

Another fucking tax!!! Go tell the government to shove the £15 up their arse!

Aside from a lack of situational awareness..

they should have offered you £95, no points and you having to attend a Speed Awareness workshop. At least it keeps the points of your licence, although as mentioned above, its hardly not a money making scam.

just found out today ive been caught 74mph i always assumed it was a 70 mph limit on a dual carraige way....

but turns out parts of the 303 are 60mph i just didnt see any signs to tell me that...........

gutted

just found out today ive been caught 74mph i always assumed it was a 70 mph limit on a dual carraige way....

but turns out parts of the 303 are 60mph i just didnt see any signs to tell me that...........

gutted

That will be in the highway code instead, as I am sure are now aware - dual carriageway with a central reservation 70mph without 60mph.

Well one of the times I got a 5 point (in the one go) and a £120 fine :bad-words:

Another time I got 4 points (in the one go) and a £273 fine :censored: :censored: :bad-words: :bad-words:

Go figure! :shrug: :cuckoo:

They better fuck off, if I get 6pts in the first 2 years I'm back to square 1!!

AFAIK the points are doubled in the 1st 2 years after passing your test.

Yeah, Its £60 fine plus 3points and now the govenment want you to pay a £15 victim support surcharge :( because they spend all the money for victims support doing up there house`s :epicfail:

Tell em you'd be happy to pay the victim £30 for support as soon as they show you the victim.... I'd gladly pay double to the actual victim...

gutted

Theres a section of dual carraigeway just outside Nottingham that's 40mph for some of it and 50mph on the rest.

theres a road near me that has a sign saying dual carriageway but is a 30 (with no signs)... try that one for size!