Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

I'm getting an urge....

To buy another Corrado. All these cheapies around are just too tempting and now I'm single the voice telling me that two corrados are too many is not there any more! :lol:

Doo it!! :D

I'm really, really missing mine now. I've been searching the net for Corrado's in the UAE but there are just none! :( I really need a project, am thinking I might have to have a play and build a MkIV 4mo Turbo, but really, in truth my heart wouldn't be in it. I want a Corrado.

Would any loons be willing to drive one to Dubai from Europe for me?? :)

honestly,i would resist the temptation at least until you finish the other one as it will take time and money away from that project.

my 2p.

The only reason I haven't is because I haven't got anywhere to keep it! Well, I could keep it down my mum's road but then I'd have nowhere to keep my G60 when it's finished. :lol:

I hear what you're saying Rob, but hopefully the G60 won't need any more money. The parts that have gone wrong will be covered under parts warranty. A brand new oil pump shouldn't just seize up. As far as I'm concerned vw can pay for it now. And fortunately my parts department feel the same way. :norty:

What would you offer in the way of compensation to said loon who may or may not be willing to drive to Dubai from Europe in one of the world's most unreliable cars? :lol:

What would you offer in the way of compensation to said loon who may or may not be willing to drive to Dubai from Europe in one of the world's most unreliable cars? :lol:

A weeks free accommodation, free food and booze during the week, flight home paid for and I'd say a £1000 would be appealing to any loon wishing to complete the drive!

It only really gets "interesting" once you get to the end of Turkey... The rest would just be an epic road trip!!

Oh, in seriousness, complete the G60 first, I've been lurking on your build thread and must say you've done some excellent work, it'll be great when its finished. I hope there is some good luck heading your way, you deserve it!

Agreed with dirtytorque. Get this one finished or at least back on the road first mate.. it'll be a total diversion in terms of funds and time and the G60 will suffer as a result! :)

I know how painful it seeing tidy cars come and go and subsequently get broken.. but if you're sorted in a few months time, sure there will still be plenty of cheap Corrado's around to buy ;)

Fancy a nice flash red 2.0 16v..? ;)

You guys are reminding me of what it's like to have a girlfriend! :lol:

Zidder, I've been contemplating a driving holiday this year. That would be the driving holiday to end all driving holidays. Probably literally! :lol: So what happens after Turkey?

Jim, I'll buy your Rado. But you have to sign something to say that you'll spend the money on a VR! :lol:

Well, after Turkey there is Syria, which is fine, quite nice my boss tells me. Then you'd then have the option to take in Lebanon and Israel if you so wished but have to say, I'd steer clear and just go through Jordan - I've been there and its nice, but whilst there probably best to not stray to close to the Iraqi border. Then its just a happy "jaunt" through Saudi Arabia (just over 1000 miles) before you hit the UAE border, 6 hours or so and you'd be in Dubai.

Easy!

Jim, was that an offer to sell me your C with an offer to deliver it? Oh actually I'll need a/c! and Mr. Riot is right, its about time you bought a VR. :D

There are days when I miss my Corrado and days when I dont.

I would love another but definitely not as a daily.

If I was to have another it would have to be a crazy VRT RWD weekend animal.

I'm really, really missing mine now. I've been searching the net for Corrado's in the UAE but there are just none! :( I really need a project, am thinking I might have to have a play and build a MkIV 4mo Turbo, but really, in truth my heart wouldn't be in it. I want a Corrado.

I got family in dubai, im going again this year to see them. there is 2 I think look on corrado register :salute:

Zidder, you could fit air con to jim's valver. Anyone want to copilot?

If I could find a garage for hire in Bury that was reasonable I most likely would keep the G in there and have another but garages round here are ridiculous.

If you can find one before i get a job then I'll 100% do this for you Chris. :wave: 8)

Zidder, you could fit air con to jim's valver. Anyone want to copilot?

Could be interested as long as it was April onwards - Quite fancy a road trip!!

Ian :D

Just tried doing a routeplanner to Dubai - Google Maps gets as far as Ankara, Turkey, and bottles it! 2,400 miles to get there, and by my reckoning, probably another 2,000 after that!!

Without aircon, I reckon that's at least 2 weeks accomodation, booze and maybe a couple of nights paid for in a top notch suite too!!

dukest = loon then. :bonk: I did sit and ponder the reality of such a task and, well, nope. Pipe dream. Maybe get one shipped in a container here yes, but driving one across desert terrain and miles of crappy roads, the visa and security issues, plus finding a decent left hooker from Europe to start with, the cost, piles of forms and legal issues. Plus lets face it, a 4000 odd mile journey in a Corrado :lol: :lol: :lol: If it did get here I'd been doing a ground up resto!

I got family in dubai, im going again this year to see them. there is 2 I think look on corrado register :salute:

Oooh, will try and find them.

Sorry for the thread hijiack!

I just looked up the two on the Corrado register and remember one of the cars, owner was on here doing an audi 3.2 conversion user name - cralstc.

emailed them both to see if they have still got them. :D

honestly,i would resist the temptation at least until you finish the other one as it will take time and money away from that project.

my 2p.

Agreed.

my 2p.

Agreed.

Are you speaking from experience Yan?! :wink: :lol:

I'm getting another urge now. I want to go on some mega road trip. Think I might start with a tour of the entire British coast of something. Start in Felixstowe or somwhere and head north all the way up around Scotland, back down the other side of England, along the south coast and back up to Suffolk again. I like the coast. :D

:D

ok but if you take the Corrado for the love of god buy AA cover.

:lol: Of course I'm gonna take the corrado.... and AA cover, a comprehensive selection of tools, spares, my Bentley manual, and a ditch kit.

thats asking for trouble! trust the old girl! i drove 1800 miles from london to inverness and back in october and mine didnt skip a beat!

(holds breath :ignore: )

thats asking for trouble! trust the old girl! i drove 1800 miles from london to inverness and back in october and mine didnt skip a beat!

(holds breath :ignore: )

You should have said I could have met up for a drink!