Sign in to follow this  
16vStyle

FK M3 Lights Group Buy - Update

I've read about some people having this problem before... The simple answer was to file the holes in the tailgate a little so that the lights can be aligned perfectly with the outer lights... 8) don't forget to put a dob of anti-rust paint on the bits you've filed if you do this though! :wink:

Thought about this but the body of the light pushes against the big opening in the tailgate so opening the small holes would do no good. I would have to open out the big opening and I don't want to go to that extreme.

chrishill ur car looks exact same as mine,only differences being,iv still got black strip on side,my exhaust is round,the black rubber bit behing the vw badge on my is now red.oh and ur lights-mine are red/red. nice looking car mate.

so these lights are red/smoked (slightly tinted)????

cheers Fraser

Still waiting for mine :( should have been here on monday - waited most of the day and went out for half an hour, sure enough they came while I was out :roll: left a card to say they'd deliver the next day - didn't and every time I ring the depot no-one answers the phone - bunch of monkeys! Spoke to customer services tonight and they promise to deliver Saturday morning YAY - can't wait!

Still waiting for mine :( should have been here on monday - waited most of the day and went out for half an hour, sure enough they came while I was out :roll: left a card to say they'd deliver the next day - didn't and every time I ring the depot no-one answers the phone - bunch of monkeys! Spoke to customer services tonight and they promise to deliver Saturday morning YAY - can't wait!

Wow! They really suit that colour Phil K! 8)

You could do with some silver indicators though! :wink:

You could do with some silver indicators though! :wink:

Yeah I know :oops: I don't think the flash on the camera helps as they don't look that orange to the eye... should have that one sorted in the week.

Did anyone use the supplied bulb holders? I was able to use the original holders and a bit of tape to hold em in place as I didn'y really want to cut the loom 8)

apart from having to slightly persuade the orange bulbs in to the holders I can't see why they didn't just design em to use the originals :roll: not important though.. am still well chuffed and kinda like that they have "special edition" written on the lens' :mrgreen:

apart from having to slightly persuade the orange bulbs in to the holders I can't see why they didn't just design em to use the originals :roll: not important though.. am still well chuffed and kinda like that they have "special edition" written on the lens' :mrgreen:

It's to get the TUV rating... the reason they've got offset pins on the bulbs is so that you can't accidentally put a clear bulb (with straight pins) into the holder so having clear flashing indicators... (hence why they come with different holders too!)

If you look at the rear molding you can see where they've just not cut out the holes in the lightbacks for the clips for the original bulb holders... I've just drilled them out and the original bulb holders then fit perfectly. Oh, and I've got some straight pin'd silver (shine amber!) bulbs for mine too... 8)

Wow! They really suit that colour Phil K! 8)

I agree with Henny, I only thought they look good with dark metallics such as blue or black but they look great. I think they look better than the originals on mine but not as good as on some colours.

Pic of mine here, more in gallery.

*mod edit - fixed your quote for you - Henny*