V-Dubstar

Lamin-X.co.uk - Vehicle protection films

wish id have known before i went and bought some stuff from hong kong, thats just film with no bloody adhesive!!!!

Sorry Manny, only just been able to get the site updated and everything else in place. [ATTACH=CONFIG]71832[/ATTACH]

The amber does look good,

If anybody is thinking about buying any of the films,take it from me,it is easy to use,looks good and does really protect your lenses !

Ill be after some subtle smoke once im allowed to spend money on the car again

Let me know when you require the discount code:thumbleft:

The amber does look good,

If anybody is thinking about buying any of the films,take it from me,it is easy to use,looks good and does really protect your lenses !

Glad you are happy with the product mate:thumbleft: The motorsport pedigree helps!

This pic helps to show the finish you can achieve, these were done quickly by applying at one end, smoothing along leaving the sides hanging. And then popping in an oven at 80-120c for a couple of minutes on a cold baking tray, then the sides pulled over. Repeat as necessary and then trim around the edge once cool.

corrado_amber_indicator6.jpg

Our New Branded Product Backing which will be available in our individual product variations within the near future. It will give you the confidence that you are using our world renowned motorsport light protection film.

lamin_x_backing.jpg

Apologies if anybody has failed to use the forums discount code today, there was an error which has now been fixed.

Oh and a video of our new Amber (If it works) and I take full responsibility for the music lol. :smug:

In other news, as there have been quite a few Corrado owners showing interest of late I've managed to have a dedicated Corrado forum purchase page added to the site, it's not quite ready yet but when finished will make purchasing very straight forward, it will also let you log in to the site to see the discount code.

Neil.

Edited by Riley

Apologies if anybody has failed to use the forums discount code today, there was an error which has now been fixed.

Oh and a video of our new Amber (If it works) and I take full responsibility for the music lol. :smug:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=460133034057965&set=vb.274957172705&ty pe=3&theater

In other news, as there have been quite a few Corrado owners showing interest of late I've managed to have a dedicated Corrado forum purchase page added to the site, it's not quite ready yet but when finished will make purchasing very straight forward, it will also let you log in to the site to see the discount code.

Neil.

That sounds cool bro, I too had ordered front fog,, indicator and the red rears without discount. Ill order headlight soon and hope you'll give me special treatment then.

Hey a good idea might be for the corrado, could be the suggested sizes for the selection of light cluster options ready for new owners to click and just order and maybe you could also do ready cut?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=460133034057965&set=vb.274957172705&ty pe=3&theater

Neil.

Very much looking forward to this need to get some protection on my fogs/indicator's.

If its a late car, I'd use a sharp Stanley blade and gently cut off all the raised areas on the indicator and fog front lense, I did this on the rear lights too and it eliminates raise lamin-x and air pockets

OK Lads, new Corrado forum specific purchase page has literally just been finished and put up after testing.:thumbleft: But this is indeed just a test for now, I'd love to hear any feedback on this process for making orders as it could well stay. Is the process informative enough? Easy enough? etc.

Basically if you Click here you can see the page, once there you will need a password (PM me for that, some will already know it) and then you can access products and the discount code (Same as the password)

As far as pre cut product, I'm afraid there just isn't the demand for it, we mainly supply to race team graphics dept's through contracts and they literally throw product on. Also, anything pre cut doesn't allow for proper edge protection/custom fitting and in most cases proves much harder to fit with less room for error.

EDIT: It would be much easier again if this part of the forum was hidden to guest users, I could then simply post up the password/discount code.

Oh and Michael, sorry about that. If you PM me before placing an order I'll try and help.

Neil.

Edited by Riley

Just ordered a whole set through the new Corrado section. Very easy to use- you don't have to faff around working out sizes etc. Good work Neil! 8)

That's great to hear! I only wish we could get more feedback but it's a case of people love giving bad feedback when the chance arises. Thankfully we've never given the chance though lol, so no feedback is good feedback I suppose.

PS: Microfibre Cloths now available with your Lamin-X purchase. Perfect for use during preparation.

microfibre.jpg

We now have a Mobile Site up and running although it's still in it's infancy! Simply visit http://www.Lamin-X.co.uk on your Mobile Device. The Corrado page isn't on there as yet, not sure it will be but I'll see what I can do.

Neil.:smug:

OK guys, testing has just been completed on a mobile version of the Corrado Forum specific page!:smug::thumbleft:

Simply visit the same link on your mobile device and you should be presented with a nice and easy mobile version:

http://www.lamin-x.co.uk/shop/shop_corrado.php

Same scenario as far as the Password and discount code:

(PM me for Password, some will already know it) and then you can access products and the discount code (Same as the password)

Feedback on the mobile site would also be appreciated (Just click 'Main' up top once on the mobile site if you fancy a look around. We just want to be the best! :cheers:

Neil.

Edited by Riley

No problems at all on the mobile site Neil. Ordered yesterday, arrived today - service!!! :D

Cheers

Jamie

Glad to hear it Jamie!:cheers: Feedback is always appreciated and put to use.

​Neil.

I now have a set of crack-free headlights, fog and indicators (thanks Diarmaid16). Having read this and other posts, there appears to be various options to keep them crack-free, including protective films and plastic covers.

I'm tempted by Lamin-x as per this old thread - but does it really protect your lights?? Any recommendations where to buy it (links on this thread are old).

Alternatively, someone on eBay (linked to this forum?) is offering some perspex acrylic headlight covers for £25 - does anyone have any feedback on these? Do they fit well and look good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Corrado-Headlight-Covers-Perspex-Acrylic/263088642197?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Headlight protectors work as they are a separate piece sitting in front of the glass.

Laminex works to an extent but in reality it is just a film over the front of the glass, I'm not knocking it as I have a set done in the smoked colour myself, but it didn't stop one fog getting cracked, it did probably stop it getting smashed to bits though, so limited protection.

There is a guy on Facebook called Renewart, have a look at his page, lots of nice stuff including actual fog light protectors, they look to be held on with small suction cups

Use headlight covers,I've got lamin-x on fogs,indicators,rear lights,sadly it didn't stop one of my indicators getting cracked,,but it doesn't leak !

Riley on here owns/jointly owns lamin-x,give him a pm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice - just need to figure out how to buy some of those fog/indicator covers?

Just message him, he is a nice guy and the service is quick as well