Sign in to follow this  
vick

Mileage On Your Raddo ?

As of recent, a lot of my friends and family say to me more often 'why don't you get yourself a newer car now, instead of driving around that old VW!'

I do love my Corrado G60 and can't really think of another affordable car that I would rather have, it has clocked 140k now and although it drives fine, it has crossed my mind that maybe I should sell it while I could get a reasonable price on it. I don't know, I love the power it has and it looks great for such an old car, but peer pressure to get a newer modern car is as it's highest at the mo. Is 140k a turnoff for a potential buyer on a G60,

What kind of mileages are fellow Corrado owners clocking on their cars? + What are your thoughts on my 'mid twenty age' car dilemma ?

Cheers

Vick.

By the sounds of you post you love and enjoy the car and its just the peer pressure thats making you think twice.

I say grin and bear it and keep the G60.. you'll regret it if you get rid due to someone merely suggesting you should get rid. :D

The mileage on my clock says 140k just turned actually... but the engine itself has done about 15k. The body itself is in excellent condition for a 17 year old car and has only just started developing a patch of rust - which is on the tailgate above the number plate light plate, which incidentally is a common place for rust.

I've seen alot younger cars with alot more rust and bad paint.

my 2.0 8v has done 156 thousand miles, and the engine is still tight, doesnt burn oil, starts everytime, i do oil changes evey 6 months , and its still the original engine , bdy is very good, had a full respray in 2008 , i love the car to peices, as i have invested soo much money into restoring the bodywork and general mechanical systems, it wouldnt make sense selling her until i got my money out of it driving, its booked in the bodyshop next month for some more paint, and a fresh windscreen, these cars have a habit of trapping you and making you spend silly money.

id be lucky to get 1500-2000 back for it, so shes a keeper for a couple more years. the 2.0 8v engine although not amazingly fast but very economical, and the engines are built strong and seem to keep going.

195k.. and I think all it's had (at some point in its life) is a head rebuild and plenty of preventative maintenance from me such as regular oil changes, plugs / leads, gaskets, radiator, waterpump, oil cooler, coolant changes, etc.... Runs like a champ to be honest. A little lumpy from time to time especially if it's not been driven in a while, but once warmed up, drives great :)

117k on my g60. not a turn off for me.

i like old motors, they save me from the wonderful thing called depreciation. mention that word a few times when your getting ear ache about new cars.

my mums car is worth £3000- £3500 less than when it was new and it cost a but under £10000. only on a 58 plate

Got 177K on my Vr6 and us it as a daily driver. :D

I have owned it for 5 years but high mileage don't put me off too much. was on about 145 when I got it.

Its not a great well looked after car either. But it was cheap when I brought it and have had no major issues.

As for selling it. I do oftern concider it. But its a great car to drive and what else could you buy for the money you would get for it as Raddo's prices are low ATM.

Nothing in its price range comes close to it in my opinion.

So don't give in and keep smiling when driving it.

138k on my VR. I've only done a couple of hundred miles in it, but it came with evidence of very regular servicing (although not as regular as an enthusiast would do) and it runs lovely. My mate has a 2004 CTR and is always commenting about how smooth the VR is and how lovely it runs. Mileage counts for nothing if you ask me. :D

Only got 102k on my VR, considered flogging it a couple of times as it only does 2-4k a year. Got a works van and motorbikes are my summer love so the 'rado ain't used much. But it doesn't stand me at a lot, and a replacement would be slower and crappier than a more recent runabout so it's staying.

I'd be interested in what quality cars your mates have and do they really own them or does a finance company.

204K on the TDI, 180K on the 16V (time for a service damn!).

Out of all the reasons for selling a 'rado, friends and family making snarky comments about it is not one of them :tongue: My mk2 is 22 years old now and most of my friends think its cool cos it's powered by clockwork :D I would never sell the Corrado, even though it doesn't run at the moment!

If you still enjoy it then keep it :cat:

Mine has done 68k :)

However since buying it last September it hasnt turned a wheel.

I was into bikes and decided to get rid of the bikes and fill my empty garage space with a Corrado instead :?

Its now just there and I know I will keep it and use it and restore it when I can.

Thinking of taking in a big road trip this summer from John o Groats to Lands End,but will wait and see what happens 8) 8)

nearly 145000 on mine ,has not been runnin for 7 months as sorn n stripped down for respray .was serviced last sunday ready for sprayshop [wanted it runnin ] first turn of the key she fired up everbody commented how smooth it sounded :clap:

I think I'm gonna stay with the Rado for a while, it's just a great car to have. It's just some of the people that I know who know naff all about cars keep having digs at me about my old car.

Funnily on my way home from work today on the M4, a Rado VR6 came right up behind me and we convoyed for a few miles and just had a play, a quick thumbs up, and we both go our serarate ways. I hardly ever see any Rados on my daily commute so this put a smile on my face. Also, I hav'nt been to any meets or shows for years, so I guess I need to hit a few and find my enthusiasm once again.

Cheers lads, thanks for reminding me I own one of the best front wheel drive handling cars ever made!

fair play to ya ,n yea it is one of the best front wheel drives ever made .i cant wait to get mine back n hear that vr roar :)

Why would you want a wafer-thin skinned euro/jap box with dodgy brakes and sticky electronic throttles!! :camp:

193k and loving it, daily driver for the last 12 years.

220,000 miles on my 16v before i started the restoration, it still had its original engine and never had any major work on it, still loved to sit a 6-7k spinning the front wheels :D

16v - 130,000

VRT - 70,000

but numbers dont mean nothing do they... all about the looks and the driving, and tbh the corrado's arent that expensive to run, but i see them as a hobbie anyway, not a car if that makes sense

41169 K on mine :D i only know exactly as it's been for an MOT this morning and done 42 miles last year :pale:

how far is the MOT station, 21 miles :lol:

No about 0.5 mile away.... and a drive round the village to get every things warmed up.... so maybe 5- 6 miles this morning

pushing the boat out arent ya :lol:

seriously though, how come your not driving it?