Sign in to follow this  
fla

door striker pins

Well i had a manky striker pin which i thought i'd polish up a bit. Just stripped it down with a wire wheel attachment and polished it up. sprayed a few coats of lacquer on it and replaced the non-existent plastic ring with pvc tape - dont know how long that will last, i'm looking for something more durable.

i'm hoping spraying tehm with lacquer will keep this at bay - the last pins i polished looked good for teh summer, come winter the base has got a coating of rust :(

Got two new ones for my VR6 to-day from my local dealer. With a little bit of trade discount the bill came to £7.80.

Got two new ones for my VR6 to-day from my local dealer. With a little bit of trade discount the bill came to £7.80.

Did they come with the little plastic O-ring? I take it that they are pretty damn simple to fit? Simply unscrewing them and screwing the new ones on?

Still got the part number dude?

The OEM Vag ones are complete as you would expect with the plastic sleeve on the pin and a big plastic washer behind the round plate. Unfortunately they are not chrome plated but have a yellowish anti corrosion finish. Fitting is just a case of screwing out the old ones and screwing in the new ones. When you take the old ones out they will have left a circular mark on the door post so just make sure the new ones line up with the mark ........... 2 minute job. Don't have a part number, I just ask for them over the counter.