biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

I'm sure I'm about due for an update...

I've got the downpipe finished bar welding in the exhaust temp + A/F sensor housings. Once thats done it will all be covered in exhaust wrap to help keep the temp down. You can see roughly where it will sit from the pic whilst also illustrating the lack of room with the propshaft roughly in place!

I have started using primer filler on the chassis legs. Once dry I will rub them down ready for the normal primer. I hope to have the engine bay prepping finished off tomorrow ready for about 4-5 coats of priemer on monday (got the day off :D ), rubbing it down between layers to get as good finish as possible. I'm just hoping its a bit warmer tomorrow...

Will keep everyone updated. :wink:

cant wait for this to be finished' date=', its going to be awesome[/quote']

I hope so my man! Can I add what a nice trophy you have there :D :wink:

looking good ben, that downpipe is huuuge!!

thanks Bill. Yep if this doesn't help to increase the ponies then god knows what will! lol I've polished the whole 3" section aswell so there are no excuses for the gases to slow down!

Looking good dude.Jay

cheers chap.. I have a bit of sanding to do tomorrow. Fitted that rack yet?

Hope you are going to re-do your brake pipes :)

yes James.. :lol:

cant wait for this to be finished' date=', its going to be awesome[/quote']

I hope so my man! Can I add what a nice trophy you have there :D :wink:

im gonna start doing replica's for £9.99 soon :lol:

Bally..

Does a stonking 20 hrs work in 2 days count! lol

Update..

Once again my fingers have bones sticking through after a mammoth session on the car this weekend. I didn’t want to stop until I had a least one coat of primer on the engine bay. And I managed that at 8:15 this evening (Sunday). It still needs some filler here and there to tidy up the imperfections but I hope to have the undercoat all finished and rubbed down tomorrow ready for the topcoat next weekend hopefully.

What colour should I spray the bay? Matching Porsche Iris Blue or something different? I was thinking perhaps UPS Brown??

Ben

have u seen the chequred flag belgium car that is truely awesome....

maybe beige to match the interior...

i think same as body tbh,, your cars gonna be phat enough when its done anyways :lol:

Furk's, thought about matching the interior colour but... humm. not sure..

BcStudent, primer would be cool but nah.. :D

Any further ideas on colour?

So an update,

Rubbed everything down with 400 W+D, filled any imperfections and rubber that down.. a couple of pic's before I go and spray the 2nd coat on..

Ben

Bally,

Is that a good shi* or a bad one?

Phil,

I think body colour might be a good call

Shaggsy,

I did try Matt black but it shows up all the imperfections, which is a shame!

bristolbaron,

Yep I tend to agree with you...

Seems body colour is the way forward! I still fancy a bit of UPS brown I must admit :D perhaps with a respray of the car next year..huh? :wink:

be ive had a idea' date=',, why dont u paint it the same as the body mate :lol:[/quote']u know thats not a half bad idea :D

I don’t think you should go for a third colour on the car, if you know what I mean. Keep it the same as the body or if you want to be different then match it to the interior colour. A light colour like that could add some nice contrast between the bay itself and the engine. Like that uber bling mk2 with the bench seat, done by premier, that had a light cream coloured engine bay. Also, have you seen Dubwizz’s engine bay on dubforce? That looks really good matched to the interior.

I don’t think you should go for a third colour on the car, if you know what I mean. Keep it the same as the body or if you want to be different then match it to the interior colour. A light colour like that could add some nice contrast between the bay itself and the engine. Like that uber bling mk2 with the bench seat, done by premier, that had a light cream coloured engine bay. Also, have you seen Dubwizz’s engine bay on dubforce? That looks really good matched to the interior.

yeah that might look really good actually!!! You could always give it a go and see what it looks like, that would look ace on a dark coloured C! 8)