biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

CaiosG60 PWR,

Nice thinking chap. I did have it in my mind a while ago.. I might try and get some paint made up and see what it looks like? The only thing against that idea is that if I change the interior the engine bay has to be done aswell :(

(any chance you could send me a link to Dubwizz%u2019s engine bay on dubforce.. had a quick look but the search isn't working for me :( )

The only thing against that idea is that if I change the interior the engine bay has to be done aswell..

Thats true, and its about time you changed the interior! :roll: :lol:

It has to be bodycoloured, you've certainly made a good job of cleaning up the bay but for cream etc to work it all needs smoothing and flushing too. In any event bodycoloured will still work best.

The only thing against that idea is that if I change the interior the engine bay has to be done aswell :(

:shock: after the man hours that you've put in to the interior you're still thinking about future changes!

I'd go body colour TBH... I've always thought that different coloured engine bays make the car look like it's been re-sprayed and the owner couldn't be bothered to rip the engine out and do the bay... like jay's before the engine swap ;)

What you didn't like the blue and purple contrast :) I hated it having a blue engine bay, but then I knew in the back of my mind what was coming.

Jay

I would go body colour,

the only other colour I would choose would be white

It would show up anyprobs when you put a inspection light on it though.

keep it body colour mate. I believe there will be a clear and present danger of making your car look gash when you pop the bonnet :roll:

Wow.. hats off and major respect to him for doing that! I couldn't be arsed to go the hole hog I must admit. Well done to him ! Arches look nice as well.. in fact the hole car looks very tidy, will have to post up a couple of comments shortly on that thread.. !

But I see what you mean about the difference in colours.. won't really work with my 'back to basics' engine bay :)

Porsche Iris Blue it is! :D

Thanks for the advice and help guys! Will let each and everyone of you come out for a blast up the road when its done :wink:

2 tone is ubergay

as is brown

body colour, even if you decide to change the body colour (i.e. paint the bay now in you rplanned change), just not brown.

2 tone is ubergay

as is brown

body colour, even if you decide to change the body colour (i.e. paint the bay now in you rplanned change), just not brown.

I was waiting for your comments re the engine bay painted in brown Paul.. :D

Don't worry I'm sticking with Porsche Iris Blue and going with a simple clean colour for the engine cover, inlet, pipes etc. The idea is to keep it pratical and useable but just making it a little neater than before... 8)

ok.. what a day!

Engine bay painted and laquered using 2 pac! 7 layers of laquer! I have a few drips though that need flatting back :(

Also painted and laquered the engine bits, (all the ali bits off the engine) ...

And I got the VR6 box semi stripped down !

Not bad for one days work, pics tomorrow!

Tomorrow I hope to finish stripping the VR6 gearbox and strip the rallye one. Then work out what bits will fit. Also want to paint the engine block.. lots to do, so little time in which to do it!

Ben

nice one. remember its Mothers day tomorrow, so treat her by letting her help you on the car lol

hehe, :D

Will give you a call tomorrow if time allows,

B