lion

20vt Corrado

given up on the 16 vt, has taken to long , been to expencive and i have lost patience.

so all that abf stuffs up for sale with manifolds ect.....

decided to do the easier more reliable 20v option

IMAG0210.jpg

will stil be using the megasquirt management and give it a remap

picked up that today and had rest of engine bay stripped

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0204.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

body shop will smooth down a few more bits and spray it

using the work van to move car back to mine while waiting for body shop

IMAG0202.jpg

given up on the 16 vt, has taken to long , been to expencive and i have lost patience.

so all that abf stuffs up for sale with manifolds ect.....

Nnnnnooooooooo!!! Thought you were keeping it old school. Fair enough though, got to that stage a couple of times with mine. You still getting Nando to give you a hand?

Nnnnnooooooooo!!! Thought you were keeping it old school. Fair enough though, got to that stage a couple of times with mine. You still getting Nando to give you a hand?

Yeah he's still gonna be doing all the work, was with him this morning and he talked me into the 20vt....looked on ebay and got one same day

back from body shop and couldnt be happier, engine should be going in tomorrow

pics:

6918714443_257f2c770b.jpg6918717837_09a6bbd908.jpg

6918713773_10e8ce513e.jpg6918713077_97729c4f14.jpg

6918717251_acd8806575.jpg6918707871_0fd7c21763.jpg

6918712059_44d27a213a.jpg6918716561_86ec4dca7c.jpg

also got the downpipe from QPeng

6918705021_a274f2b776.jpg

going to have all the wiring looms hidden behind the wings and get the bay tidied up

Having had a 16VT many moons ago, I don't blame you at all! 1.8T or a 2.0 TSI is what I'd do these days....

got my bits back from powdercoaters today, and hopefully have them fitted to engine by end of the week.

also got the engine fitted, my mates doing all the wiring and tidying up now

6776813174_a3a33b9d90.jpg

6922916555_4419d24a12.jpg

6776802302_e9950ff123.jpg

Hey Ryan.....Looking good bro!! It's certainly getting there!!

I'm keeping my Rado now....Seeing the progress on yours is making wanna get mine done ASAP!!!! Where did you get your bay done?

Got bay done in perivale, but he won't be doing another bay anytime soon,

Brake lines, and new fuel lines fitted now, just need to get some boost pipes and some hoses made and she should be good to start

Still need to tidy up to bottles, and move the screen wash bottle somewhere

picked up all my parts i sent to get flocked in black, got the dash, a-b-c pillars, tunnel, speaker supports and the door triangles done.

will hopfully fit it all on the weekend and will put up the pictures, very impressed with how well they turned out

Progress sounds good mate. You about on saturday? I'm going to be popping down to Nando's for some work. Would love to see this!

I'll be there mate, not sure if I've met you all ready, but look forward to seeing you there

Good meetin you today...

Flocked bits were awesome!!

A couple pics I got of yours:

7c19d0f4.jpg

You can see where the coilpacks been hidden here

418ae24b.jpg

Gotta say Nando's done a fab job on yours. I've got to pay him a couple visits over the next few weeks to sort a few more bits on mine...

What turbo u got btw?

cheers for the pics abdul, its a k03s, the 180 engine from the seat leon.

fitted all the pillars and some of the dash when u left

Yea Nando mentioned.

Seeing yours makes me want to pull my engine out and go to town on the bay lol. Got a million other things to sort first though!!

Picked up all the boost pipes after being powdercoated, they will be fitted tomorrow with all the hoses,

Just waiting for my dumpvalue from ebay to arrive and that will be everything here,

Can't wait to hear it start, still not sure on the condition of the engine, still not heard it run...but hopefully will be running with a basic low boost map by Friday

towed car back home yesterday, enigine is all done, boost pipes dumpvalve everything, small problem with the ecu, so once thats back i can start her up.

few pics of flocked interior and pics of engine all finished

6897214194_d58e1d659c_z.jpg

6897214238_53bc7d4bbc_z.jpg

7043310293_a6db15fd2a_z.jpg

i want to find some sort of cover for the top of the rad just to make it look neater, also im going to get all the bottles sprayed to match the car

7043321689_9b14f6c507_z.jpg

6897225798_2a28f72ee2_z.jpg

got a few more bits to flock, looks nice but all ready i can see its going to be a pain to keep clean

cheers to JonnyVW for sorting me with the smooth front bumper, will be attempting to fit this tomorrow, needs doing after damaging my bumper whilst towing

6897226130_15a8e046a3_z.jpg

not the right colour, but will be a big improvement for a few months until the full respray

7118349009_c4995f1ec4_z.jpg

6972270750_7983f1a72b_z.jpg

and the seats now fit

6972270248_7d8ef7b86b_z.jpg

Edited by lion

IT WORKS!!!

got home to find my mate continuing to try and sort the ecu and wiring problems, it runs and drives(poorly) i need to get an EGR blanking plate for the AUQ engine and get it mapped now, cant wait to drive it now

also on the look out for a boost controler

Sorted a blanking plate, been driving it about today, the map doesnt let the turbo kick in at the moment, but all ready it is a major improvement

Don't worry mate I had these problems when I was doing mine.I was forever trying to get sensors working.lol. looks brilliant at the moment, I promise you will feel better once you get that turbo kick in the ar$e !

not updated in a while with the problems logging on via the pc, but over last month:

few more pics of the dash finished, headlining only thing left to do, also a few pictures cleaned up before we left for inters

7459615092_a37c6beb3f_z.jpg

IMAG0355 by r.eastland, on Flickr

7459615788_c0212c2063_z.jpg

IMAG0385 by r.eastland, on Flickr

7459616238_8aa212f27e_z.jpg

IMAG0388 by r.eastland, on Flickr

7459618264_cbf5d13e99_z.jpg

completed interior by r.eastland, on Flickr

we went inters on the saturday, had a few tries on the sprint, 0-60 in 6.31 and the 1/4 in 14.48, without the car being mapped i dont think it was too bad :)

just ordered a new shallow sump from PSI tuning as i had to get recovered after breaking mine in a pot hole

looking to retrim the headlining in dark purple once its back on road and also still saving to get the car mapped

7043310293_a6db15fd2a_z.jpg

anyone got any ideas what i can use to cover the radiator, and also the pipe coming off the inlet?