daves16v

Black Metallic VR - SOLD!

Love the work that's gone into this mate!

Thanks for the surround btw, fits a treat and looks awesome!

Time for an update............

BBS rims have replaced the Speedlines, they are 16x7.5" BBS RC's with 215/40 tyres. They are in really good nick apart from a few minor blemishes, the centre caps sadly were not. After hours of polishing they've come up reasonably ok, I would have liked better but I'd still be at it at Christmas if I was looking for perfection which I usually am but not on this occasion.

When I collected them I was surprised how lightweight they were and the ride quality is as good as the Speedlines so really happy about that. I need to sort out the ride height as it's a tad too high, something for later me thinks.

Anyway just a few pics for you to drool over.

I was gonna say Karl isn't going to be too happy seeing another set of these :lol:

Look Superb Dave, you and Mark at Elsecar this weekend?

Dave,

Those RC's look exceptionally good. Beautifull wheels. Any scraping on the body, inner arches or suspension with 215 tires?

I too would like to hear that Bastuck exhaust ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm really happy with the car and it will only get better, I've got more stuff to do in time for Stanford. Gonna pop out today for some Mcgard locking bolts.

Kip, was planning to go but other things have stepped in the way so unlikely to be going.

Redfox, I've only been out in it once since the BBS have been on, no scraping anywhere but I only have a mild drop. I've got a video clip of the exhaust but want to do it again as you can hear some engine noise too, I was stood in the wrong place.

i have some mcgard bolts for sale mate, £25 posted if your interested?

Already sorted but thanks anyway.

Next on my list has been Black heated leather.

Fitted this over last week on and off, dashing in and out when the weather allowed. Before I could fit it I had to do something with the knackered bolster so knowing they are obsolete I attempted a repair on a spare bolster I had in the shed.

The process went like this -

1) Cut out loose and crumbled foam from spare bolster.

2) Purchase a firm piece of foam from my local Saturday market. I'd spotted this stall selling this kind of thing years ago and always had it in the back of my head that one day it would come in handy.

3) Cut and shape the new foam to roughly the correct size and shape.

4) Glue in place.

5) Allow time for glue to set.

6) Sand the foam to the correct shape, hell this was messy!

7) Fit to seat base, refit leather cover and Voila!

The block of foam cost me £2.80 and I used about a quarter of it. Very chuffed with the results and saved myself a wad of cash.

I'd recommend having a go at this if you're bolster is gone but it does have to have some life left in it as you need a good base to build on.

Cracking idea Dave! I might have to give it ago... What did you use to bond it to the original bolster?

Not seen anywhere around here who does foam like that. Any chance you could pick me some up and post? I'd happily cover any cost.

Excellent work yet again, Dave 8) Looking forward to the pics of it all fitted.

Surely it's almost finished? :lol:

Sounds good Dave.

What I mean with scraping, I was thinking not of scraping on the arches, but between tires/wheel and suspension/inner body.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Pete, I'll cut a junk off what I have left, PM me your postal address. I used contact adhesive but had to put plenty on.

Andy, will post up pics tomorrow of the complete install. Are Corrado's ever finished? I'm getting close to the way I want it but then I've got to get chains and tensioners done.

Redfox, no scraping there either.

Leather is all fitted now and the heated seats work too. Apologies for the bright sunlight, looks better in the flesh.