daves16v

Black Metallic VR - SOLD!

Not much left of that radiator Dave! Have you ordered new plastic fan guides? Mine were really brittle and literally fell apart on removal! It will look smart once all put together when powder coated too. It's worth it! How much did you pay for the sensors? I've already got the fan switch, but wanted replace the ones on the thermostat housing! :)

Pete, no I didn't order the fan guides, how much are they?

Sensor 701919369D £35.17 (4 pin)

Sensor 025906041A £19.09 (2 pin)

O-ring for the above N90316802 £2.66 for 2

Good info on where to get new radiator. keep us updated on how it fits etc...fan guides for the vr is £8.23 + Vat each (last year price)and you will need 2. Part number on paper says 357121210 when I replaced my guide rings.

Good info on where to get new radiator. keep us updated on how it fits etc...fan guides for the vr is £8.23 + Vat each (last year price)and you will need 2. Part number on paper says 357121210 when I replaced my guide rings.

Thanks for that.

I ordered mine about 4 months ago. Only 1 turned up was told they were obsolete but managed source one from Germany.

How much was the rad dave?

£131

---------- Post added at 9:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:17 PM ----------

I ordered mine about 4 months ago. Only 1 turned up was told they were obsolete but managed source one from Germany.

Yep they are now obsolete. Mine aren't too bad, just a little modification required.

Been busy today, got the radiator in along with new sensors. Fan now kicks in at about 92-93 degs so it's done the trick, haven't been out in it yet just idled up to temp in the garage. The rad fits very well and looks the biz too so I'm a happy bloke.

Jobs done -

1) Blast and powdercoat fan mounting frame

2) Secured the fan guides with Stainless screws and Nyloc nuts, the plastic fixings had broken off

3) Mounted the fans with polished Stainless screws, heavy duty washers and flanged nuts

4) Gear weight - blasted and ground off casting marks then powdercoated

5) Re-made the engine hoist bracket in polished Stainless

6) Replaced numerous front end screws with Stainless

I have created another problem - the oil temp gauge no longer works so I need to take a look at the wiring, I may have disturbed something.

Hi Dave - do you have to have a business account with SDL to get the radiator?

Hi Dave - do you have to have a business account with SDL to get the radiator?

No account required.

Update on the radiator - I've been out in the VR today and yesterday and can confirm everything seems to be good, no leaks and appears to be keeping things cooler than before. I left the engine to idle for a while and the 1st stage fan has been kicking in and keeping the water temps to just under 100 degs at idle.

So would I recommend the radiator? Oh yes!

The oil temp gauge problem turned out to be a dodgy connection, infact when I checked the connection to the sender it came away from the connector due to corrosion, a quick crimp later and all is good.

Glad you were not dissapointed with the radiator Dave. for the price, its very good, surprised at how well everything bolted backtogether and looks supurb once the cowl has been powdercoated etc...

I think i'll probably end up replacing the sensors on the thermostat housing as well as a new oil-cooler then im 100% happy with everything, im convinced my oil is hotter than it should be... 104 and only drove it a few miles, and its the only thing ive not replaced. glad your oil temp issue was a quick fix.

VR passed it's MOT today which to be honest I did expect because last year it got thru with an advisory on the wishbone bushes and I've done them amongst many other things. I have to say it's never been in better condition all-round. The MOT tester made a joke about giving me a certificate before he'd even finished the test, he was that confident (I have known him for at least 10 years) and he commented on the fantastic condition.

Just another update on the radiator/sensors replacement - it was left running for quite a time at the garage today and the water temp didn't once hit 100degs and the fans were kicking in to keep things cool.

Result! always nice even if you're expecting it though mate :) The Nugget passed 1st time after being unused for 18 month and the Daily did too last week, just gotta get the VR back together now Lol!

Fitted some smoked rear lights at the weekend, go rather well with the dark paint me thinks.

Cheers Ollie.

Yeah my rad was just like that, only a matter of time before it springs a leak.

Finally fitted my Carbonio Induction kit today ready for the trip up to Harewood tomorrow. Wasn't happy with the entry into the inner wing so made up a mounting plate that not only held it in place but covered the gap around the pipe. Really pleased with the way it's turned out but I might make another bracket further up at the MAF.

Also sorted my hot starting problem by removing the valve that directs the vapours back into the inlet, must have been allowing air into the inlet when it shouldn't have. Proved this by fitting the one off my breaker, had to come off anyway as the carbon can has been removed.

Powder coated the exhaust manifold heat-shield as well, not sure how long the paint will last, we'll see.

Nice work mate.

I checked my heat shield today and it seems to be ok. The paint hasn't blistered at all.

That's good news, now get some shut eye, I don't want to convoy alone lol.

Night Night!