rsgntx

New Home - DG Supercharged VR6 - SOLD

I'm surprised that you need to get to 4000+ to feel the torque in a blown VR.

You don't but at around 4000 you're getting peak boost and its very noticeable! :)

OK the car has gone into the body shop today! i went crazy and decided to go for a full respray.... will be visiting the shop over the next few weeks to get updates! :)

Went to see the car today.. loads of bits stripped down for painting, lights, bumpers, bonnet, side glass, handles, etc.

looked a little sad sitting in the corner today! screen next to come out!

DSC01053.jpg

:( but think what its going to look like :D

Manhattan Motors in Coventry...?! I thought they were just there to do approved repairs for Peugeot!

Are you leaving the arches standard for rolling them out?

Arches are being rolled but trying not to change the shape! like the flat face!!

Manhattan Motors in Coventry...?! I thought they were just there to do approved repairs for Peugeot!

Well Jim I think things have changed! place is full of porsches, a bentley, mercedes sl and a corrado right now! :)

Yeah i know one of the guys who works there and the painter!

Edited by rsgntx

Been to VW and order some new parts!! New headlights! :) roof rail trims, under bonnet insulation, gear knob and door strikers!! Saw the car this week all sanded down will get some pics up soon!

Ok....

did it need paint?

depends who you are! for me it needed painting! lacquer missing on rear o/s quarter, dent o/s rear, stone mark on n/s door starting to show surface rust and same on front n/s wind, multiple stone chips on bonnet, small knock on front bumper, rear panel paint fading, plus many more minor marks that i know are there.. so as i said for me it needed painting!

So which bits are being painted...? are they taking the rear quarters out...?

So which bits are being painted...? are they taking the rear quarters out...?

Definately pay the extra and get them removed. They look awful painted up to and will probably start to peel eventually.

Parts have started to arrive.

Couldn't make up my mind which colour to get so got both! Brand new genuine VW Corrado rear badges now obsolete from the dealers!

IMAG0084resize.jpg

:-D

looking forward to seeing the paint on . remember when mine went in for the full works . trouble is im so osd bout it now ! get some more pics up soon . regards rob

looking forward to seeing the paint on . remember when mine went in for the full works . trouble is im so osd bout it now ! get some more pics up soon . regards rob

Cheers Rob i'm sure i will be the same! windows come out monday and first coat should be on by mid week... will try and get some pics up asap! then hoping to get final coat on by next weekend... will keep you posted!

windows will be coming out, she's being painted twice!

ah you saw sense and have decided to go DBP. Good man :lol:

So front screen came out today but not in one piece!!! screen was delaminating on bottom nearside it was a replacement screen from pilkington! another replacement from pilkington £300 inc. trim made in new zeeland.... replacement from VW inc. trim with discount £329... choice no brainer!!!

All other windows out! should get a picture up later....

Edited by rsgntx