Sign in to follow this  
ZeroK66

If you had a 340BHP Corrado what would you do?

Hello all,

Well I am lucky enough to have in my possesion a rather rapid corrado...

Down side here is the car is an F/89 REG and is imjported from Germany and needs a lot of cleaning up.

Question is where do I begin? I am having questions about the sanity of keeping the car (Car is advertised for sale on PVW :roll: ) but I do sortof intend on keeping it as my baby.

My question is where to begin. I am thinking number one is get a nice Leather based RHD chassis and transfer all the stuff across. Then go from there?? A late plate with service history liked to the car. preferably lowish mile car.

Anyways, ignoring the chassis change... where do I start?

Body Kit? I am not one for OTT cars. I want something that looks mean, but civil. Kinda like what you would think of a S/RS audi. They look very mean, but at the same time respectable.

My first question is are side skirts a good idea?

Second - Do I take off the rubber strip (bump stop??) down the side of the car?

Front Grill/Spoiler... would you get an all in one grill/spoiler de-badged and colour code it, or get separate/keep VW badge?

I may add questions as we go along, but that is about all for now :) 8)

I'd leave it as is, and just clean it up!

I'm more of a fan of standard looking Corrado's than Corrado's with huge body mods or kits. Fair play to those who wanna do that, but its not my cuppa tea. Alloys are about as far as I would go.

Plus the standard look to a modified car is always more embarassing for the cars that you merrily sail past ;)

Well yeah... the eyebrow (and even rieger grille) are very popular mods, and suit the Corrado totally.

As Roddy said, the subtle mods are the best :)

Indeed I am a subtle mod fan. Given that I intend on dusting the avg porche when cruizing the motor way - I want it to look clean, but close to standard.

Um... so about the grill and front setup... on the first pic above - who does that grill, badge & eyelid? Where can I get?

Cheers,

Leon

btw bit pedantic here :roll: :wink: ........but the pic of the leather interior......aint storm leather.......only beige or black leather was available on the storm :wink:

I have a IHI powered 340+bhp corrado (well in theroy, not turned the key yet) and I am keeping the styling to a minimum, the corrado is a good looking car in standard format - why change it. This is what I'm doing/planning...VR6 bonnet, suttle alloys, smoothing off a couple of things maybe change the door handles and thats about it.

Its up to you, but I would change the car to RHD, you can pick corrados up for around £400 or less if your lucky. You could maybe take advantage of that power and convert it to 4wd as well, like moi... 8)

Just a few ideas that came to my head.

P.S Don't sell it! Think of all the time and money you've spent on the old girl..and how many cars are able to overtake you!

I'd wear the front tyres out in a week, then wind the power back down to 250bhp, then consider fitting 4WD..... :roll:

That leather looks like pictures from the grey LHD VR6 thats on eBay at the minute! :)

And yeah.. a 4WD conversion might be a good idea by the sounds of things.. ;)

ZeroK66 trust me on this one and try and keep the original body looks when you start modifing the corrado body it becomes a huge headache if i had the choice now i wouldnt have done it as its been more hassel than its worth

Thinks like if you dont do the audi handles properly it will shatter you window when it first goes up

Side skirt get in the way when trying to jack the car up

rear skirt cracks to easily from just reversing into a kerb slightly

after market front bumprs have to come of if you want a tow

the list just goes on.

then any imperfectiong just stands out

just my 2p's worth tis just ive gone past the point of no return so might aswell finish it of properly

Hello all,

Well I am liking the keep it simple thing deffo. I do want to clean the car up a bit though. The front I am deffo after suminc like the one above that I said I liked. As for the bumper... I did want something that I could show off a front mount with... but I hear what you are saying about toeing etc!!

The interiour shots are from the car on ebay lol :oops: :lol:

The carbon bonet is from the states... just pics I found on VW Vortex. Interesting comment about it slicing you in half in the event of a front end... GOOD POINT! :(

Anyway, question... if I take of the bump stops on the doors, does the C have holes in or are they simply stuck on?

Thanks,

Leon

If I had a 340bhp Corrado, I'd increase my Life insurance cover, fit an LSD, Racelogic traction & launch control, my tried and tested suspension setup, seam welded body and subframes, half roll cage, triangulated rear brace, front upper brace......and leave it totally stock looking, bar the wheels which will need to be wider in order to deploy all that power.

K

If I had a 340 bhp 1.8T I'd be....

... saving up for the day the engine grandes itself and I have to replace or rebuild it..!! *

*- oh and having a right old larf spinning the front wheels into oblivion all day long.

Dr Mat... always such relavant input - ch ch ch cheers lol :lol:

I am deffo thinking the LHD thing is kewl!! As for the looks, the clean look. The suspension is looking the Kev's recomendation.

The real problem I have is under the bonet, but will save that for another day!!

the strips are just stuck on,pretty good aswell i must add!!

Hope you are right - even on a 89/F reg??? Dont want to start and realise I have made a big boo boo!!! :oops:

No F = 88/89 and mine is 89 & F... :)

Hot air gun??? :shock:

Sounding rather messy to me!! Worth it though?? Make the car look cleaner?

yeah i think its worth it,makes the car look cleaner,but you could do the same as kevhaywire and get them colour coded

Hey guys,

Well one of you mentioned saving for the day it went bang... and it did, about 12 months ago, I only had the thing fo r4 months. I chose to sell it as it was and it was taken by designer dubs *sigh*

biggerbigben how is yours going?