Sign in to follow this  
ridders

Rear Spoiler Question (not the usual one!!)

Just a quick question...

I have had a look through older posts and the wiki already but not found the answer.

Question: did all Corrado's come fitted with both an automatic and manual rear spoiler? especially the early ones?

Thanks in advance from a newbie Corrado owner.

They are all automatic with a manual raise/lower switch.

However if you manually lower the spoiler at speeds above the auto raise level it just comes back up again.

All cars except the VR raise at 45 mph in the UK (IIRC) and VRs is 56 mph. They spoilers were designed to work at 72 mph (German/Euro spoiler control units operate at this speed) although the spoiler does have a substantial effect on rear end lift, even at 45 mph.

But.......

It don't really matter what speed it comes up at , cause you can never replace the feeling of watching it go up and down in the rear veiw mirror ;-)

Thanks guys for such a quick response.

Another question though... (excuse the ignorance as i'm not collecting my car till Monday)

But where is the manual switch to raise and lower?

Thanks guys for such a quick response.

Another question though... (excuse the ignorance as i'm not collecting my car till Monday)

But where is the manual switch to raise and lower?

It is on the lower part of the dash-driver's side above your right knee when sitting it the driving seat.

Rich

Mine's a late VR and it comes up at 45mph, I can't lower it manually if the cars going above this speed, I guess it overides the manual switch.

The switch in mine (not sure whether its the same as earlys) is right of the steering wheel, underside of the dash, towards where the fuse box is!

All cars except the VR raise at 45 mph in the UK (IIRC) and VRs is 56 mph.

Does that mean I could replace the spoiler "little black box" on my VR with 93 16v one and have it raise at 45mph ?

Does that mean I could replace the spoiler "little black box" on my VR with 93 16v one and have it raise at 45mph ?

I would have thought so

Possibly! When I got mine, it didn't raise automatically coz the spoiler module was kaput, I bought one from someone on here and mine goes up @ 45mph...

Yes you can.

V-Dubstar you must have a non VR spoiler control unit then.

I have a German 72mph one sat on my desk gathering dust, keep meaning to fit it to try it out but on a private road obviously..

...there's a how-to on here somewhere on changing the resistor values in the control box to make it raise/lower at whatever speed you want it to... :wink:

That's a mighty fine collection of replies thanks very much.

So the switch is at right knee height and all Corrado definately are fitted with the manual switch.

You just know i'm going to run into someone whilst glued to my rear view mirror watching it going up!!

You just know i'm going to run into someone whilst glued to my rear view mirror watching it going up!!

nah , you get used to it going up, the fun part is trying to guess when it is going back down - sometimes you have to get to a complete stop , and others it drops cause you have been driving like miss daisy :lol:

Does everyone do the same as me tries to keep their spoiler raised as long as possible eg taking bends faster and not slowing for traffic lights lol!!

Does everyone do the same as me tries to keep their spoiler raised as long as possible eg taking bends faster and not slowing for traffic lights lol!!

I did a trip to stowmarket in suffolk for new years and managed to keep it up the whole way :D i was coming from milton keynes

Oh and mine doesnt rise till 55 mph for some reason :D :D

I do :grin: