Sounds to me like someone was a bit limp wristed with the hose clamps :camp: :lol:

This is the way of the VRT. They can be a like a pet dog, constantly wanting your attention :D

Well this car is trying to kill me :lol: . Got my hard oil return line tonight and decided to have a go at fitting. Got everything on and started the car up, no issues :clap: . Went for a wee run to get some petrol. Pushed it a little and popped the intercooler pipe. Limped home and fixed it. Went out on the duller and just as full boost came in there was an almighty bang from under the bonnet. Car cut out and I coasted to petrol station. The pipe from the intercooler to throttle body had blown of this time. Got it back on and went up the road about 200yds before realising the car wouldnt idle lower than 1500rpm and the brakes were solid :( .

After 10min I managed to find another vacum hose that must have been pulled out and when connected it idled perfectly. Decided to turn for home and noticed I was only getting 5psi boost. Stopped again and found a hose going to the dump valve had been pulled out. All seems well now but I think Ive lost a few years of my life when the throttle body pipe popped of as it was an almighty bang.

Hopefully this is the end of my bad luck and I can get on with enjoying the beast.

I had my intercooler-to-throttle body pipe blow off the other day - causing a big bang and engine stutter - whilst in the outside lane on the M25. I'd just had the car mapped for higher boost and was giving it some beans when it happened, and so I suppose it was finding the weakest link in the boost chain, so to speak. Luckily I was pulling off the motorway at the next junction anyway and was able to pull over and check under the bonnet. I reattached it all when I got home and now all is well again.

Sounds like you've had a bad run of luck recently so I hope things settle down for you now, and you manage to get some miles under the wheels... :D-

Charlie

Aye its a fair old pop when it goes. I did forget to tighten them as I had them off checking for any swarf from the turbo.

Only little issue I have is boost gauge over reading now as apparently with the controller right out Im getting 30psi!! :lol: Certainly doesnt feel like that.

Boost controller was goosed. Connected the wastegate line direct to piping and it now boosting fine. Think my lambda probes gone though as its running quite rich, yet to Vagcom it though.

Took a wee vid to see whats coming out the exhaust. Nice noise but still going to get it quietened down a bit. Have a C2 CAT to get welded in as well.

[youtube:2ksm5gkq]dJWOLOg5Aj4[/youtube:2ksm5gkq]

[youtube:2ksm5gkq]hIS8KMrcX4w[/youtube:2ksm5gkq]

looks like the probe is shot as your idle is solid so I can't really be running those afr's or else your engine would be wobbling all other the place.

I see what you mean about the rich running though.

Sounds great btw.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Idle does get a little rough at points. Will get it Vagcom'd and get some replacement probes as Ive cleaned them up and its only slightly better. Scared my mate shit-less on Sat, 110mph in 4th and still getting wheelspin (ok it was a bit wet)

This confirms it.

Just to note mate that i for got to say in PM...have you done the free air calibration on the LC1 probe? and if you dont already know its a windband sensor do dont confuse it for the same one as the engine management side being narrow band if you are getting replacement ones,make sure you get a 95-96 MK3 vr sensor as the plugs will match up.

Sound quieter? have you got another silencer in there?

ok but the wideband sensor won't effect your fueling then because it doesn't talk to your engine management.So if you are running rich it has nothing to do with your lc1 setup.

It will be mapping or the narrowband sensor.

Looks like your wideband is knackered too though unless it needs calibrating like James said?

Yeah I was reading up last night and twigged that the LC1 shouldnt influence it. Ive bought one anyway as Ive learned this is more like a race car than a road car in that you need to have at one spare of everything ready to replace. :lol: Ive performed a proper calibration and brought the car to work today and the readings are steady and more like what they were before.

I did take the probes out and clean them up, cleaned the plugs to so hopefully that it. Its running sweet this morning :clap: , forgotten how fast this thing is :cuckoo: .

I also rasied the front about 10mm and the back level and adjusted the damping. Much better to drive now on our roads.

Cheers. Took the plugs out tonight and seems its running fine now. Still stinks of fuel at some points. TBH the next step is looking at the exhaust as it needs to be quieter. I genuinely would like to start using this everyday but I think it would ruin it.

Only got to page 4, where you moved the numberplate... will read the rest, but posting this before I forget...

A mate of mine in a different car had his numberplate recess cut out to allow air to the intercooler... then because it looked awful having the plate anywhere else, he stuck the numberplate back on, effectively covering up the hole he'd made... to allow air through still, he cut out the letters, so it was effectively a white stencil. The intercooler was painted black, so unless close, you couldn't tell the plate wasn't normal... also ANPR cameras can still read it like that