I was careful to put "sold some reasonable cars" - not "built some reasonable cars" there.. :D Went and saw the VX220 being build alongside the Elise in Norfolk a few years back and it made me wonder exactly how much involvement Vauxhall had in that!! Not a lot I suspect!

Im not bored of this car, I just get the feeling that Im bored with VW's in general. As I said Ive driven them ever since passing my test and I think its the grass is greener phase at the moment.

I wouldnt mind getting back into something rwd...

Went for a blast tonight and Im not selling for the moment. Its running spot on now and Im just thinking that I can go out and get an Elise at anytime really but I cant buy something like this everyday so I may as well enjoy it. I prefer the S2 Elise's anyway so I can wait a year or so for the price on them to come down a bit first.

and Kev had a cavalier, thats even worse.

A low compression 2.0 GLi no less.

That was bought during a "I don't need a fast car phase" some years ago, which lasted all of a week.

It's true what they say, drive something schitt and you'll appreciate your own car a lot more :D

and Kev had a cavalier, thats even worse.

A low compression 2.0 GLi no less.

That was bought during a "I don't need a fast car phase" some years ago, which lasted all of a week.

It's true what they say, drive something schitt and you'll appreciate your own car a lot more :D

Oh so true.

Drove my sisters (2006) Ford Ka this morning, was like :gag: it's horrid.

Then went and bought oil/oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs/leads, brake discs/pads, brake fluid, coolant, PAS fluid and serviced the thing. All was great until I realised the brake pads I'd bought from Halfords were slightly not quite a perfect copy... but I assumed they were just cos they were Halfords stuff and they'd make a "universal" pad that fits Ford Kas and other cars. After everything was done, drove the car round the block to brake-scraping sounds... went round again testing the brakes, and they were very firm and good... but stank horrible. Took the wheels off and the pads had shifted and were rubbing/gouging into the centre of the disc (bell/hub bit). Went back to Halfords and found the correct ones (I'll be going back tomorrow for a refund on the original pads and new discs) and fitted them.

Couple hours work, it drove a million times better, revved much easier, braked much better, all round better car. But at the end of the day, it was still horrid and I couldn't wait to get back in the Rado!!

I would love an Exige, especially a Series 1 but there close to £20k and Series 2 is around the same. The one Im trying has the Bell & Colville 160 upgrade. I just cant get it out my mind, only way is to try and see. Im hoping I dont like it.

Agreed, from what I've heard and read about Elises, there isn't an awful lot to dislike about them. Only a lack of grunt seems to get mentioned. Everything else is spot on apparently.

i had a go in my mate's 2.2 vx220 ages ago now (when i still had my impreza wr1) and immediately considered selling my own car!

they're awesome cars and very very rewarding, BUT, i really couldn't see the romance lasting if i'm honest - too much of an all or nothing car IMO; you'd be better off sticking with a bike if you want to go along those lines.

stick with the 'rado and keep that happy medium

Agreed, from what I've heard and read about Elises, there isn't an awful lot to dislike about them. Only a lack of grunt seems to get mentioned. Everything else is spot on apparently.

Do you remember Graham Vanstone from back in the day? blue mk1 with NA 20v on ITBs?

He has an S1 Exige with K20 Honda, + Jackson racing supercharger :luvlove: 300hp in an Exige :cuckoo:

3232_102410965408_566820408_2935842_2354721_n.jpg

:shock: who cares' if thats an all or nothing car or not, i would swap most things for one of those in a second..

Yeah what ever, seen em before.

Only kidding, they look superb :salute: :D

Looks like you've got some decent roads out your way too.

You lot run a lot lower than me, which is why mine didn't look quite right. My front camber was wrong aswell, not negative enough. All sorted now though and looking a lot better!

They look great against the red! 8)

Are you running 205 tyres?

Kev's is running 215's which look a bit balloony as well compared to the 205's, that and his front camber was way too positive made them look a bit awkward on his. Looked much better with the camber corrected though :lol:

They look like 205s to me :D

I prefer the way it drives on 215s though. Handling and ride comfort are both improved and needless to say, so is traction :D

They look like 205s to me :D

I prefer the way it drives on 215s though. Handling and ride comfort are both improved and needless to say, so is traction :D

Yeah was gunna say, might look better lower with 205's on but yours would drive better.

I definitely think I'm going 215's on the front as well when the 205's wear out, loving how comfortable the rear end feels now even with the stiffer springs on and the damping turned up, feels firmer but not as crashy!

I think they look great, you'd think they were made for the Corrado :)

Car has a good stance with them as well 8)

205's on mine. Ultimately if I had to decide between the two it would still be the TH2's/

I also got my Racelogic. Have had a proper read through the fitting instruction and it doesnt seem that bad at all, so long as your handy with a soldering iron.