Really nice mate i think they look best in blue and dark grey . Looking at getting one myself next year as a daily once the rado is finished, cant think of much more fun mk5 gti daily and vrt weekend weapon good skills :clap:

very nice.... what wheels you getting first :lol:

The car is brilliant and with a GT28 kit there supposed to be very tatsy. I was actually looking at wheels before Id bought the car :lol: . I was looking at something OE looking but dont want to go down the usual LM, CH replica route. Dont want the 18in diamond cut ones either as they suffer from lacquer problems. Something plain and easy to clean like the A8 5 spoke's would be ideal but the only place there for sale is the like of ED38 so they have the usual inflated price. Tempted to to get some Team Dynamnics or the VW Racing ones (which are Team Dynamics by the looks of them anyway). Also quite like the VWR front spoiler but its about £250!!! A slight drop is probably first after spunking £500 on winter tyres :pale: .

http://www.volkswagenracing.co.uk/Golf% ... Tyres.html

Oh yah Im getting the Corrado on the RR on Sat so I'll finally find out what the old things running like.

Good luck getting anything from VW Racing! Useless, English, Morons and feckin spring to mind. Better off getting VWR stuff imported through a different channel.

I prefer how the GTI drives on 18s tbh, less sidewall squidge.

Just don't get any ATP 'Eliminator' type turbo kits, all they do is elimate your con rods. Stick to APR and other tried and tested firms!

very nice.... what wheels you getting first :lol:

The car is brilliant and with a GT28 kit there supposed to be very tatsy. I was actually looking at wheels before Id bought the car :lol: . I was looking at something OE looking but dont want to go down the usual LM, CH replica route. Dont want the 18in diamond cut ones either as they suffer from lacquer problems. Something plain and easy to clean like the A8 5 spoke's would be ideal but the only place there for sale is the like of ED38 so they have the usual inflated price. Tempted to to get some Team Dynamnics or the VW Racing ones (which are Team Dynamics by the looks of them anyway). Also quite like the VWR front spoiler but its about £250!!! A slight drop is probably first after spunking £500 on winter tyres :pale: .

http://www.volkswagenracing.co.uk/Golf% ... Tyres.html

Oh yah Im getting the Corrado on the RR on Sat so I'll finally find out what the old things running like.

Go with the OE 18s but refinished in bright silver and black detailing rather than the lacquered finish, should be able to pick up a set needing refurb. Wouldn't go for anything else

how you finding the mk5 mate, thinking about getting one when i sell the BM as i have no need for a family car anymore. its gonna be a red 3 door one with loads of mods if i get one.

Only done a couple of hundred miles in it but its great. Ride and handling is spot on as standard if Im honest. A slight drop is all thats needed. Brakes feel great, it could do with a tad more power though. It is a bit thirstier than I thought it would be mind you. Ed30 is the one to go for with the better engine spec. Missing my armrest so make sure you get that, uprated head unit would be nice as well but its only £500 to retrofit the latest touch screen sat nav unit.

Only done a couple of hundred miles in it but its great. Ride and handling is spot on as standard if Im honest. A slight drop is all thats needed. Brakes feel great, it could do with a tad more power though. It is a bit thirstier than I thought it would be mind you. Ed30 is the one to go for with the better engine spec. Missing my armrest so make sure you get that, uprated head unit would be nice as well but its only £500 to retrofit the latest touch screen sat nav unit.

well it is going to feel slow compared to the corrado 8) how thirsty is it then?? the figures on the net show its not that bad.

karl

Well I finally got the car on the RR today. Will post up the graphs tomorrow but Im happy as the cars fuelling well with no other real issues. Power was 363bhp with about 315lb-ft of torque. Thats on 1 bar boost. There was other cars running and the standard cars were all about as expected so I think its a true reading. TBH I thought it might be around 380-390 but its fast enough and seemingly reliable so I cant complain. Paddle clutches, FWD and snow dont really mix well though.

Good luck getting anything from VW Racing! Useless, English, Morons and feckin spring to mind. Better off getting VWR stuff imported through a different channel.

I prefer how the GTI drives on 18s tbh, less sidewall squidge.

Just don't get any ATP 'Eliminator' type turbo kits, all they do is elimate your con rods. Stick to APR and other tried and tested firms!

One of my good mates is the race team manager at vokswagon racing. If you need stuff chasing I'll let him know. I wouldnt say he was a moron though :)

Yeah sounds like a good result to me too. Also nice to know what it came up with cause I thought it was scary fast when James took me out in it but that was nearly 2 years ago

Different turbo and slightly less boost than when he had it but its no slouch. Heres the graph, dont know where I got the 363bhp as stated above :confused4: .

Sounds very nice, deep and throaty 8) 3" Exhaust?

Did you get the 1.06 back housing? Sounds a little slower than usual on the spool up for a 35R. For comparison my torque seems to climb a little quicker with the same turbo, but mine's the 0.82 with 2.5" exhuast and 3" Cat.

Not that it's a massive problem or anything, just an observation :D

3in system with two silencer boxes. I have the 0.82 housing on mine with 3.68FD on the box, it did seem to spool slower than normal. Not sure if the RR operater just added a bit more load to stop it from coming on to quick to get a nice progressive increase. Is that even possible though?

Looking at your graph Im about 250rpm behind your torque values. Apart from the turbo there quite different motors are they not but results are pretty similar from what I can see. Im just about 40bhp down at top end as well as the peak torque figure.

Yeah you can adjust the load on the dyno but you normally only use that when mapping.

Our engines are quite similar. Same turbo, short runner intakes etc. Has yours got the SP263 cams in it? Only real differences are forged pistons, 1mm bigger valves in the head and standalone. I would have thought with a 3" system yours would spool sooner than mine.

8.5:1 I think. I have the 263 cams as well. Could the CAT be a reason for the difference as I dont think mine is that great TBH. It has felt slightly lacking in pull recently.

Yeah I'm 8.5:1 as well.

I'm not sure on the Cat because I use one as well, but it's a 'regular' one as opposed to the little round one you're using.

I'm wondering if it could be intercooler related? Both me and JamminStormVR6 seem to make good numbers and our engines are practically identical, and use the Schimmel charge cooler, which is significantly less volume to fill than a front mount IC + all the piping.

I saw that happen with a mate's MK4 GTI actually. He had a K04-001 turbo and uprated manifold fitted and also used an uprated side mount IC (all ally, not plastic ended, and 20% bigger) and that made 278hp, but the intake temps were hitting 70 deg, so had to fit a front mount. Afterwards, his power dropped to 260ish because of the extra volume the turbo had to fill.

Dunno, just throwing some ideas out there. This is why I wanted the VRT dyno day so that we could get together, compare notes, chat to Vince etc etc.... :D

But yeah, our torque curves are very similar, so nothing major wrong with yours.

How are your plugs? Which ones are you using? Got any boost leaks, or exhaust leaks at the turbo or anything? Both would slow up the spooling.....

Plugs were fine before it. I cannot remember exact spec but they are NGK's. The downpipe to turbo is not a perfect match if im honest, there is a little exhaust leak. Boost pipes all seem fine. Possibly right about the IC piping. Must just be a combination of loads of little things like that I suspect.