Considering getting the car wrapped in silver but costs seem high for it.

how much did they quote you out of interest, am sort entertaining the idea myself as an interim respray measure?

& don't let that vrt go anywhere... except for maybe me when i win the lotto :)

About 1500 should do the car and shuts. I'd paint it for the extra cost tbh (assuming your not on a tight budget)...

Thinking about it its only worth it if your original paint is faded and you want a colour change. Wrapping does have the advantage of easily going back to original colour. The paint is very good on it at the moment so it would only ruin it if it were painted another colour if it wasnt done properly. The wrap should protect the current paint as well.

Removed the add, realised one Corrado was enough and just been given a new job within the company so Im throwing caution to the wind and thinking about replacing the Golf with an S4 V8. I need to keep me in a job somehow so burning as much petrol as possible sounds good. It works out at £16 a week extra for petrol but Im going to bike to work so that should offset it.

Edited by coullstar

:) Good choice!

That's my plan: A VRT and a V8 S4 Avant. The sound they make is amazing + proper Quattro to boot!

Haha, nah. Car passed its MOT today but only thanks to a nice friendly tester. I'll not elaborate but C02 levels were a tad high. Was out testing an S4 today. Lovely piece of kit and what a great noise as standard. Im totally sold on them. Ive already budgeted for some exhausts after hearing this

Well not been doing too much on the car, just out for a hoon last week with some cool cars. It was bloody good fun. Good to meet Nadeeme (Dr Forinor) as well.

Sold my Mk5 this week and picked up a new toy on Friday, its ace!!! Only about 5mpg less than the Golf but about 140bhp more.

Love the photos!

How are you finding the S4 so far? I can't get them out of my head, I prefer the look of B7 shaped ones but they are a bit too expensive at the moment so a B6 would suit me fine!

Awsome cars mate...the V8 is something else though! power, delivery and noise is epic lol almost sounds supercharged?

Love the photos!

How are you finding the S4 so far? I can't get them out of my head, I prefer the look of B7 shaped ones but they are a bit too expensive at the moment so a B6 would suit me fine!

See I think the B7 looks too plain at the front, the rounder front lights make it look less agressive. Its a brilliant tool, not the greatest on fuel but it just feels solid. Really do need a set of pipes though. Few little issues to sort out on it though.

Well I decided to take a little drive today as the weather was too good to be sitting watching some wedding in Londontown.

Ended up doing 500miles. I used to do this at least once a year on the bike but havent for a couple of years. Went from the east coast of Scotland over to the west coast up via Inverness, Ulapool then over to Applecross and back in through Spean Bridge and Aviemore. Roads were nice and quiet, weather was stunning and the scenery never fails to impress me. Its so hard to bring that across in the photos and I could have stopped every 5min. If youve never been up that way you must, it really makes me think that we have some of the best roads in the world.

lovely scenery indeed, defo getting back to scotland again later this year, and that's some 'little drive'!

Absolutely stunning photos mate! Need to get up to Scotland this summer for a blast about.

Yep, weather has been awesome up here, we were due some good stuff after the last few years, good to see you using the car and that is a great run out.

You may have seen that the car is up for sale. In all honesty I put it up to see what interest there was but nothing firm ever came up. Didnt really advertise it that much though. After attending Gti International Im kind of swaying towards a clean near standard car that I can do a little mechanicing on. I love this thing to bits and its ran fault free for thousands of miles but I just feel like I need something else to muck about with. I think seeing Judiths, OSV's and C5 OEM's cars have turned me.

If anyone is interested in a swap + cash my way for thier car please get in touch. Would have to be a VR with good standard bodywork.

Well looks like its going. Local guy is looking to take it away. I have a few house repairs and unexpected tax to pay off so if there is a replacement it will be something a lot cheaper. Awesome car and glad Ive had one, just need a break I think now.