Big Adam

The Rec 20vt.......prep for rockingham!

the quest for the faultless corrado continues!!!!

It's a long, winding road that often doubles back on itself!

Don't fret. They don't exist !

if carlsburg made corrados there would be ;)

ill post some pics of the bearing up....its a mess!

Its a good job your brothers on hand. How much has he charged for conversion?? ;-) lol

he did out the good of his heart, if he ever wants anything breaking im sure i can help him with that!!!!!

bit of an update on the image front

moving the donar

how do you get a car with no engine up a hill?

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

the fruit of a couple months work

IMG_0793-1.jpg

got me some borbet A's 7.5j up front 9j at the back

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

yes the splitter had to come off for the mot cos it was to low!

car running like a dream now and im slightly addicted to the sound of turbo spool ;)

off to germany (the ring) in her on thursday so she better behave, although it would save on fuel hitching a ride home on the back of an AA truck!

A few weekago a few of us whent road trip to the nurburgring for a friends stag do and iv got to say what a weekend. meet at the services top gear style. me and my brother arrived first in the corrado, second to arrive was three lads in a off road trials preped discovery, third two lads in £600 audi coupe bought the week before, third and final was a hairdresser in an mx5 bought an hour earlier for £650 on the sellers recomendation that it he would drive a thousand miles in it tomorow!

i shall let the photos do the talking:

clean the rado

nurburgring113.jpg

nurburgring118.jpg

set the tom tom luxembuorge (Staying at a friends flat!)

DSC01180.jpg

onto the ferry boat just after midnight

DSC01184.jpg

Stop in belguim at first light for juice and to top the discoveries transfer box up!

nurburgring150.jpg

Hit some traffic on the autobahn!

nurburgring177.jpg

Whent to look at my new car!

nurburgring339.jpg

After a night out in luxenbourge and a day at a top museum (trust me its better than it sounds!) we arrived at the ring in darkness, as morning broke we woke to this :)

nurburgring419.jpg

the hotel with the guy we stayed ats focus rs, his friend also joind us in mk5 r32.

nurburgring511.jpg

The ring carpark

nurburgring425.jpg

on the ring

3375IMG_07431.jpg

DSC_07192.jpg

what the ring did to my car :(

the shame

push2.jpg

nurburgring514.jpg

a silly mistake caused us to blow the head and possibly worse!

The rado returned home the other day two weeks after us at great expense to the AA.

despite the little "problem" we all had a top noch experiance and would recomend it to any petrol head. the GP track was also included which was a nice supprise. had a passenger ride in the r32 to "show us round", what a car! me and my brother managed a lap each in the rado before it give up as we were coming off. Happy Times :)

the cronicles of owning a corrado continue

Mate sounds like acool trip at least not too down beat about the failure thought I seen this car in the spotted thread on the back of a wagon!

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Oh and the hotel in the backgropund of one of the pics is that where yoiu stayed as he let us stay in one of his appartments a couple of years ago nice guy

What is that pipe!! And is the whole engine leaning to the left???

its just the engine cover that makes it look like its leaning! the pipe is a 6 series bmw exauhst pipe, not the best but it cost nout and does the job!

no point being to down beat about it, if worst comes to worse ill buy another donar car and make a few quid breaking it :)

Well since returning from germany progress has been slow but i have found the love again :)

first job get shut of the Leon

IMG_2400.jpg

IMG_2401.jpg

second job strip the engine to find the damage

IMG_3265.jpg

IMG_3264.jpg

IMG_3261.jpg

bad news then!

not to worry, sourced a new block and head at a very discounted price :)

third job, zie germans seem to have broke my door handle!

IMG_3258.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

wont even open the door now, any suggestions? i know that its a common fault but how do you fix it?

fourth job is aquire some parts and still in need of late spec hedlights, fogs, indicators and grill

does anybody know if the late front end will fit using the early slam pannel and bumper bar?

To do list.

-rebuild engine

-rebuild and pollybush underside

-sort the bodywork out

-respray

-some decent coilovers and some 4 pots for the front

Engine is almost rebuilt now and hope to have it all swapped over and ready for the road again next week if i can sort some insurance and tax out :)

just found some more pics of ring trip, take the good times with the bad!

routtonord2.jpg

routtonord.jpg

the audi coupe!

206956_194731337230528_100000809906691_453611_2229873_n1.jpg

Daves r32, Awesome bit of kit!

5417IMG_27851.jpg

the discovery discovering things it probably shouldnt!

925911.jpg

925921.jpg

The slipper, last minute buy that stole the show

189608_212627762087434_100000206365300_969336_3144855_n1.jpg

wez's bright green thing

196958_212623588754518_100000206365300_969284_1826414_n1.jpg

when in dover

197264_194730853897243_100000809906691_453599_4052849_n1.jpg

205814_194943360542659_100000809906691_454807_5039295_n1.jpg

No matter how bad it ended for me, it was worse for this guy who binned it before he started!

198483_212630712087139_100000206365300_969441_8228181_n1.jpg

with a bit of luck the rec will breath again this time next week!?!?!?

Adam,what the hell happened the bore and piston?did a piece of the piston break off? most be what the score marks are from.

At least you got off the ring without shutting the ring for a hour, unlike me!

it got hot danny!

this vid should keep you amused james, takes a bit of a short cut at 4min! occupents were white after that lap.

takes a bit of a short cut at 4min!

Aye and easy. I'll put it down to driver fatigue.

Bet he got as many "what are you doing" looks, as "now that's funny" ones though.

the fooked engine is out and the new one in.

up and out

engine2.jpg

engine4.jpg

give the engine and box a clean then give it a paint with a tin high temp bbq paint £4, if it melts that, paint is the least of my worries!

engine8.jpg

OOOOOOSSSSHHHHH!

engine9.jpg

engine10.jpg

engine11.jpg

Looks much better (my opinion), tried to start but it wont fire so medic is coming later.

in other news a monkey has ruined my mint polo, look at the little barstool with my gutter trim!

IMG_3765.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

Was that monkey at Longleat? I went there a few weeks ago and went into the monkey enclosure. The signs saying "Warning- Monkeys will damage your car" weren't wrong. I managed to escape any damage by holding right back behind the rest of the cars but they literally jumped from one car to another ripping things off.

Impressive work though :)

Edited by Portent

Its working again :) turned out to be a rotten relay!

Its at Konwsley, it also warns they damage the car. its like a grave yard for car trim, i even spoted someones taillight spread accross the floor.

Great news and great progress considering it's binned it down for the past few days. Can't be doing with safari parks though, monkeys just wind me up.

there hasnt been much drama over the last few months touch wood, just been collecting parts ready for the winter!

i think the bodywork is a bit far gone to consider spending loads of money making it look pretty so im turning it into a bit of a track toy. i started of by selling them stupid borbet a's which caused no end of problems and replaced them with something a bit lighter, it drives so much better with them!

IMG_4438.jpg

i then sold the leather although i still have the drivers seat as i cant find a drvers seat base to mount my bucket seats! i cant find my c spanner to lower the back now all that weight has gone!

yesterday i took her to minisport with nwminiclub to intrude on there rollin road day!

IMG_5197.jpg

IMG_5196.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5186.jpg

could do with a wash but they dont have car washes in the lakedistrict!

IMG_5190.jpg

im happy with that just proves the bloke i bought the donar car off was ful of sheet as he said it had been mapped but didnt have a reciept for it!

iv changed the wastegate to a forge 007p (aposed t o the atmospheric some tool had fitted) since and it seems to pull significantly harde :-)

should be comin off the road at the end of the month for some work over the winter.

good lad adam, Ill prob see you down the ring at some point next year now your motors sorted! Four months in canada then home in time for the snow to melt and ring to open.

That is an early bonnet on your car isnt it?

I've been told you have to have a late bonnet to fit over that engine.