Sign in to follow this  
A1 VR6

12 Consecutive MOT Passes

Just passed a 12th MOT without needing any work, well pleased - anyone else the same?

It's a great achievement but... how many miles have you actually done in those 12 years Bill, just out of sheer curiosity? ;)

It's a great achievement but... how many miles have you actually done in those 12 years Bill, just out of sheer curiosity? ;)

Had the car 10 years Jim - did 20k in the first 3 years then 10k in the last 7.

TBH I would have expected bushes and rubbers to have perished but they're still going strong. Maybe always being garaged helps :)

Stanford Hall and back 12 times :)

Stanford Hall and back 12 times :)

+ Stonor, Inters, National Day etc and weekend blasts Ben, did approx 800 miles last year when it wasn't SORN'd :)

9 years all good bar couple of welds to exhaust 2 years ago :grin:

I have done 50k in that time tho do i win :wink:

Ur C is lookin lurvely btw 8)

10 years and 8 MOTs.......sat on axle stands in the garage the last 2 years while I work in Saudi.

Used as a daily before that, 70+ thousand miles. The only MOT work was replacing hard brake lines on the rear in 2007.........no complaints!

Mine has passed 8 MOT's - all first time without any work.

I have managed to achieve over 100,000 miles in that time, so I think Bill's claim to fame is Rubbish !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

i've never had a failed MOT on any car, tbh it makes me less confident the garage are checking things properly as no faults ever get picked up until i find them.

I cheat I suppose. A couple of months before the MOT I get my mechanic to run his eye over it and give me a list of anything that needs done then I fix them before it goes in. Result it never fails the actual MOT.

my ABS has never worked since i've owned car, never comes on at all, and its never been mentioned :confused4:

i might try a different garage next time

7 years, 112,000 miles, 7 consectutive passes....

And no it's not practically a new car every year before the usual people chime in with that :lol: