Sign in to follow this  
capri

ht lead reccomendations

after recently uprating my ht leads ive had some issues with getting static/crackling through the speakers. ive been told that the ones i replaced the standard items with are not shielded. not sure on the make as theyre unmarked.

just basically wondering what you guys would reccomend? im guessing they need to be as close to OE as poss but with the biggest possible core??? the car is a g60, stage 5 charger, chip/pulley, induction. what leads would best suit this set up and are they shielded. also looking to add to the mods in the very near future.

any help would be much appreciated

Why not use OE leads? I don't think there are any after market leads I'd bother with, over OE items to be honest!

there was a huge difference in performance when i changed them over. alot more responsive and smoother delivery. everything under the bonnet in the way of mods was brand new and they seemed to react better to the aftermarket items.

jus done a bit of research and im swaying towards magnecor kv85's...anyone using these, any radio interferance?

Still using originals - 15 years old. Flawless running.

IMO faffing about with aftermarket sooper dooper leads is a waste of time and money. Just a phase you'll grow out of, as I did!

As above- DubPower leads are an absolute bargain- £25 for the G60! Use OE ends and are recommended by DG Autotech. Have just bought a set for my 16v and the quality is superb. Otherwise, the Beru ones from www.vwspares.com are identical to the VW Beru ones and they're cheaper.

so is there not much in it perfromance wise then between standard leads and 'uprated'?

so is there not much in it perfromance wise then between standard leads and 'uprated'?

dunno, not an expert... But ive heard good things about this lot

http://www.magnecor.co.uk/technicalinfo.htm

TBH... id guess any improvements would just come from reducing EMI and RFI and not any horsepower gain. Any hp gain comes from more fuel and better air mixtures. The "size" or efficiency of a spark from a plug wont increase the Hp unless the EMI was interfering with the engine management system... :shrug:

when i say performance i jus meant throttle response etc as my c felt quite sluggish with the standard leads. but thanks for the help, pretty sure where im at now

when i say performance i jus meant throttle response etc as my c felt quite sluggish with the standard leads. but thanks for the help, pretty sure where im at now

I can't argue with your experience,if that's hw you felt but I personally wouldn't bother.

were they new standard leads ?