Sign in to follow this  
shaunVR6

compomotive pic please

I may be interested in the group buy as Ive always loved the Speedlines.

Me too, pending details of caliper clearance!

i have never been so interested in a group buy, im 100% in... are they 17x8 then, if they are i may get over excited...

And me 8x17 ET35 subject to direct fit over brakes without spacers

So thats a set of Speedlines and some traction control please!!!! Where's that bank managers phone number........ :grin:

IIRC they are 7in only guys.

I want corozin's wheels, i should really just pm him but anyone know what model they are?

If you want a cheap set of speedlines look for old subaru wheels, they are 17" but have a smaller bore so would need machining but if you can get it done for cheap you can pick them up for fairly cheap as well. i nearly bought a set a while ago for £300 with decent tyres.

So thats a set of Speedlines and some traction control please!!!! Where's that bank managers phone number........ :grin:

i will have the same as you mate :lol:

I want corozin's wheels, i should really just pm him but anyone know what model they are?

I'm pretty sure John's are MO1776s (ie. 17x7.5), if not they're MO1781s but i dont think his are 8s.

Been looking into this for a while really keen to get a17" 5 spoke in a very similar style to the standard fitment Speedlines. Not as easy as you might think and basically Speedline and Compomotive are the only 2 real options but neither have the right wheel currently available

News on the compomotive website was encouraging

http://www.comp.co.uk/news/detail.asp?n ... %3C%2Fb%3E

However after lusting over the Red C on the Speedlines for ages and now hearing they could perhaps be available it is encouraging news as ideally i'd love to stay with the OE wheel manufacturer

file.php?id=80664&mode=view

bear in mind the flat spoke MOs may not clear big brakes well at Et35 even at 8" wide though

If you want a cheap set of speedlines look for old subaru wheels, they are 17" but have a smaller bore so would need machining but if you can get it done for cheap you can pick them up for fairly cheap as well. i nearly bought a set a while ago for £300 with decent tyres.

My wheels are Compomotive MO, 7½x17 ET35

Brembos fit over them with almost 10mm of clearance to spare on a VR6.

You can only see the side view. They're probably spaced out. A rear shot would confirm as 7x17s look really skinny from the back.

I'd have a set of the 16's compo cxn's, although i'd like to stay away from the "those are just wannabe bbs" thoughts. compomotive MO's look amazing on your car from stonor park corozin, you rolled your arches as well. Looks alot lower than the first pic when your car was a different colour

surely them white speedlines on the red corrado arent 17x7??

Im sure I asked when he put the photo up and they are spaced to fill the arches. Not a fan of spacers so I doubt Id be buying a set now tbh. They would look lost in my arches.

Im liking the ATS DTC wheels and there meant to be light. Looks like they would have plenty of clearance as well. There is also the DTM wheel they used to do.

http://www.pro-track.de/bmwe30racing/00 ... b/l012.jpg

coullstar

Yes you are right, there are spacers on the Red Corrado, to clear the brakes. 15mm on the rear and 13mm on the front

The arches are rolled too

The compomotives in 8x17 ET35 would be best then perhaps (width and no need for spacers) subject to weight, brake clearance and availabilty

I emailed performancealloys about the 2110 speedlines a few weeks ago, they told me they were available and didn't mention anything about minimum orders etc???

Looking at getting a set over the winter, 17x7 according to the site, but surely the red one must have a lot of arch rolling going on?

http://www.speedlinecorse.co.uk/afterma ... er2110.htm

Would I be able to get them on my car with a sensible height drop (std at the mo) without bodywork?

@ Pete

They will fit fine without any body work lowered. The red Corrado has spacers due to it having such large calipers on the front. I know the lad that owns the car and he has Leon Cupra R brakes under it.

I just email William in Performance alloys and he said "Sorry, I have no pending orders for these at the moment and as such cannot quote a date"

I'm on the look out for a set in 16" perfably or 17"