Sign in to follow this  
ridders

Side Mouldings Yes or No?

My cars almost ready for the bodyshop. My intentions were always to keep the car standard. Its a a 1.8 16v in Tornado red. My question is do i keep the black rubber side moulding on the doors and front wings? Seen cars with and without just struggling to decide before it goes in.

Thanks in advance.

It does look clean without but red does benefit from the black trim to help break up the colour...

I've always prefered the Rado with them. As Jim says it breaks up the colour on lighter cars at least.

No for me looks a lot cleaner without, but i can defo see where there coming from by breaking up tornado red with the black....

Yes for me I think colours like red, yellow, silver, white always look better with them. but each to their own chap and they are easy to stick back on anyway.

It does look clean without but red does benefit from the black trim to help break up the colour...

i agree the fresh black triming always look good on a red corrado or golf. id keep them.

its a lot easier to polish and clean the sides with out them, they trap a lot of dirt below them... but i prefer lighter colours with them on and at least ypu will have some protection from idiots doors

Ok if you're going to keep your door handles standard, then keep the side strips on. Personally I'd like them to stay on.

I had mine on, then took them off to get is sprayed. Put them back on a few months afterward but decided after a few weeks I preferred them off so did. I felt they broke the cars lines up too much and liked the cleaner look without them. It's Alpine White by the way. I suppose like all these things its a matter of personal preference. Take a few pics with them on then compare after the respray and decide whether to leave off or replace.

parking dents yes or no? :lol: :brickwall:

I'll second that.

Years back I had a door repainted at the dealers (insurance job) and they didn't get the trim in in time. They said to take the car anyway and call back in a week when the trim would be in. Within 2 days I had a dint and I wasn't happy... They paid to get it taken out as I argued it was their fault they let the car go without finishing the job.

parking dents yes or no? :lol: :brickwall:

I'll second that.

Years back I had a door repainted at the dealers (insurance job) and they didn't get the trim in in time. They said to take the car anyway and call back in a week when the trim would be in. Within 2 days I had a dint and I wasn't happy... They paid to get it taken out as I argued it was their fault they let the car go without finishing the job.

They only really protect against other cars with "compatible" doors as it were. I found that even with them I got dinks along the line above. I just try and keep out of the way.

Honestly it does very little to prevent dings. As Wullie said, most of the time the line above it takes the brunt of the damage. Make your decision based on looks only as it serves little function.

Thanks for all your comments.

All things considered i've decided to keep them! As the cars staying standard i feel it would only look right to keep them. I'll stick some pics up when its all done. Thanks again.

Thanks for all your comments.

All things considered i've decided to keep them! As the cars staying standard i feel it would only look right to keep them. I'll stick some pics up when its all done. Thanks again.

the right choice :clap:

deffo keep them, i hate the look of car without them, just looks like something is missing. But i'm also a fan of black bits, like door handles etc to break car up a bit